Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G.I. Joe Classified 6" Line By Hasbro

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    An image if Duke is now up on the Walmart mobile app.
    Do you have a link?

Digging the resolute style designs.. really like the roadblock in the vest. Was hoping for a ton of accessories so you can kinda change the looks.. but im sure we will get more classic looks later on down the line..
    Check out by trade thread...looking to sell off parts

Dang. Roadblock and Scarlett are very disappointing. I will still get Snake eyes, but this series is no longer a guaranteed replacement for my 3.75” ARAH joe line. Hopefully they will release more ARAH accurate versions of these characters in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubledang, duke looks like crap too.

5804D2B5-900C-4B8A-BB95-4B0804CFE6F3.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Do you have a link?
    I just checked the Hiss Tank forums. I get the red triangle in the address link indicating it's not a secure site, so I won't link it here but just go to those forums under the 'News and Rumors' section, and the Hi-Res link. There is a new pic there showing Duke with Roadblock and Scarlett.

*Edit* Creedog just showed the pic I was referring to.

I don't understand why people want 100% ARAH designs. Some of them were quite silly looking.
    I think it's pretty cool they are giving them new looks.
    Basically like Pursuit Of Cobra and Resolute.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    Dang. Roadblock and Scarlett are very disappointing. I will still get Snake eyes, but this series is no longer a guaranteed replacement for my 3.75” ARAH joe line. Hopefully they will release more ARAH accurate versions of these characters in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubledang, duke looks like crap too.

5804D2B5-900C-4B8A-BB95-4B0804CFE6F3.jpeg
    Dang. Another re-interpretation. Barely resembles the character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I don't understand why people want 100% ARAH designs. Some of them were quite silly looking.
    The same reason why people like MOTUC and Star Wars Black Series. It's the vintage design with more articulation and detail in a bigger scale.
    There is nothing wrong with wanting this, unless you are against Black Series and MOTUC as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    but im sure we will get more classic looks later on down the line..
    Would you feel safe wagering money on that?

- - - Updated - - -

I just checked the Hiss Tank forums. I get the red triangle in the address link indicating it's not a secure site, so I won't link it here but just go to those forums under the 'News and Rumors' section, and the Hi-Res link. There is a new pic there showing Duke with Roadblock and Scarlett.

*Edit* Creedog just showed the pic I was referring to.
    Thanks, I see it now.

Actually I kind of like Duke. If he comes with a helmet, I might buy that. I need to see more pics though.

Roadblock is a hard pass! I don't mind some change, but ugh.

Scarlet looks bad, but I think it's just all the weird colors. If the colors were changed or simplified I think she'd be a lot better. I might consider buying and then re-painting. Her face sculpt is too cartoon-ish, though.

I'm hoping that the line lasts long enough to get to Shipwreck and that they don't over-design him too much like some these so far.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

The same reason why people like MOTUC and Star Wars Black Series. It's the vintage design with more articulation and detail in a bigger scale.
    There is nothing wrong with wanting this, unless you are against Black Series and MOTUC as well.
    But there is a massive difference between Black Setres and MOTUC. Black series is only really based on yhe characters looks from the movies. MOTUC is mostly based on the vintage toys and Filmation cartoon.
    Over the years the G.I. Joe characters have all had numerous different looks and outfits in multiple cartoons, movies, comics and toys. Would I have liked them to be a bit more closer to ARAH designs? Of course. But having them in new outfits isn't a deal breaker for me as they are still awesome 6" Joes.

Looks like scheisse. I want Sunbow-accurate Joes.

My ultimate toy collecting goal is to have 100% screen accurate, amazing toy representations of my favorite characters from my top 10 favorite 80’s cartoons. Period. These aren’t that.

4AA426E8-73BA-4AD3-97AB-BC798DBE216E.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Scarlet looks bad, but I think it's just all the weird colors. If the colors were changed or simplified I think she'd be a lot better. I might consider buying and then re-painting.
    That’s kind of how I feel. I’ve wanted a 6” or 7” ARAH joe line for so long, I may just have to make this line work as-is, customizing and painting every release.

But who knows? Maybe the eventual repaints and con exclusives will get closer to what I really want.

Heroic Warrior
    My ultimate toy collecting goal is to have 100% screen accurate, amazing toy representations of my favorite characters from my top 10 favorite 80’s cartoons. Period. These aren’t that.

How dare you.

But it's okay for MOTUC and Black Series to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s kind of how I feel. I’ve wanted a 6” or 7” ARAH joe line for so long, I may just have to make this line work as-is, customizing and painting every release.

But who knows? Maybe the eventual repaints and con exclusives will get closer to what I really want.
    Firstly awesome collection.

I'm a Joe fan. I like lots of their various looks.
    With most other cartoons and movies I only like caertain looks but with Joe and Transformers I like a lot of the different designs. Even with wrestling figures I sometimes tend to prefer the more obscure and less iconic looks/outfits.
    Maybe eventually they will get to the ARAH outfits.

- - - Updated - - -

How dare you.

But it's okay for MOTUC and Black Series to do it.
    Don't forget 4HM took some liberties with some MOTUC figures that were neither accurate to the cartoon or toys and really spoiled some figures.

Heroic Warrior
    These 20 dollar unclassicized figures will certainly sell well with the children!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I'm stuck on whether I want to buy that Snake Eyes Hasbro Pulse exclusive... It's just a bigger box that puts the regular figure inside with a weapons rack for $50.

We all want this line to succeed, but this release feels cheap to me =/

Firstly awesome collection.
    Thanks!

Don't forget 4HM took some liberties with some MOTUC figures that were neither accurate to the cartoon or toys and really spoiled some figures.
    Tell me about it. I liked MOTUC CC more than 200x, but it still wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. The MOTUC filmation / CG series was a dream come true, I really wish they could have released a few more waves. But I’m super happy with what we got, we’re so lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I'm stuck on whether I want to buy that Snake Eyes Hasbro Pulse exclusive... It's just a bigger box that puts the regular figure inside with a weapons rack for $50.

We all want this line to succeed, but this release feels cheap to me =/
    Man. I so want to just order this. .. I’m really trying to hold out for the standard retail release instead. If they had put timber in the exclusive I would not have been able to resist.

Thanks!

Tell me about it. I liked MOTUC more than 200x, but it still wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. The MOTUC filmation / CG series was a dream come true, I really wish they could have released a few more waves. But I’m super happy with what we got, we’re so lucky.
    With MOTUC I never had much interest in the CG Violation figures. Although there was some things about the Filmation designs I did prefer to the toys.

- - - Updated - - -

These 20 dollar unclassicized figures will certainly sell well with the children!
    I doubt most children are familiar with the classic looks.
    Besides I think the rumoured 4" line will be more aimed at children than these.

With MOTUC I never had much interest in the CG Violation figures.
    MOTU Violation

sounds like season 2 of Kevin Smiths Netflix show.
    Last edited by Creedog; February 21, 2020 at 09:54pm.

Snake eyes looks great, preordered.

Duke looks fine.

Roadblock was never a big fan so eeeh. His face seems off for some reason though

Scarlett, that image has lots bad with it.

I am curious if Roadblock and Scarlett are actually of the figures or the head sculpts are finalized.

Fwoosh has images that are better than those on hisstank

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/02/hasbro-...-and-scarlett/
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Well-- I know a lot of people are happy with these, and that's great.

I predicted they would be modern redesigns, but was holding out hope for
    a MOTUC approach, where the aesthetics are basically vintage, but
    plussed up with a mature finish.

These look like they're shooting for the Marvel Cinematic Universe look,
    or Fortnite or Overwatch, and that's a smart approach, but...

My interest has basically dropped to 0. Maybe Destro will be cool, maybe
    they'll try some classic looks later on, but for right now, I'm saving my money.
    Last edited by Gnarliehog; February 21, 2020 at 09:36pm.

Heroic Warrior
    An image if Duke is now up on the Walmart mobile app.
    This is a better pic of Duke, posted by dorksidetoys on HissTank (the gif is my addition tho ):

Last edited by Etherius Eterno; February 21, 2020 at 10:07pm.

Ok, that does make Duke look a little better.

Heroic Warrior
    How cool would it have been if they had modeled these off the vintage card art?

MOTU Violation

sounds like season 2 of Kevin Smiths Netflix show.
    Auto correct changed Filmation lol.

Now seeing there were more pictures on hisstank.

I think the line was always going to have a problem of never making everyone happy, with liking at least some part being quite vocal about their dislike.

I don't think people should have really based their hopes on Snake Eyes design, let's be honest he's had one of the most consistent looks of any character over the various iterations. Also lacking an actual face plays to his benefit, because of a few different things. One is it's easy to not mess up, which is pretty obvious. The second is from what I have noticed action figure faces is a large number of action figure faces don't photo very well from all angles, face forward or mostly face forward most will look great but at anything more than 3/4 profile in any direction they can distort or not look as good. Note, I didn't say all.

For Roadblock and Scarlett they both have quite a number of different versions released that have in some cases fairly drastic looks. Roadblock, they probably went with his second design to more distinguish him from Duke outside of just skin color, in the fact both have a fairly generic military look to them. Scarlett's problem isn't too much color, it's certain parts are just overdesigned specifically her boots, gauntlets made more apparent by the brightness of the colors compared to what she would be wearing underneath it. The Chest plate is on the side of fine in terms of design. For perspective she has showing almost 3 times as many points on her boats over roadblocks boots, not including the knee pads.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Now seeing there were more pictures on hisstank.

I think the line was always going to have a problem of never making everyone happy, with liking at least some part being quite vocal about their dislike.

I don't think people should have really based their hopes on Snake Eyes design, let's be honest he's had one of the most consistent looks of any character over the various iterations. Also lacking an actual face plays to his benefit, because of a few different things. One is it's easy to not mess up, which is pretty obvious. The second is from what I have noticed action figure faces is a large number of action figure faces don't photo very well from all angles, face forward or mostly face forward most will look great but at anything more than 3/4 profile in any direction they can distort or not look as good. Note, I didn't say all.

For Roadblock and Scarlett they both have quite a number of different versions released that have in some cases fairly drastic looks. Roadblock, they probably went with his second design to more distinguish him from Duke outside of just skin color, in the fact both have a fairly generic military look to them. Scarlett's problem isn't too much color, it's certain parts are just overdesigned specifically her boots, gauntlets made more apparent by the brightness of the colors compared to what she would be wearing underneath it. The Chest plate is on the side of fine in terms of design. For perspective she has showing almost 3 times as many points on her boats over roadblocks boots, not including the knee pads.
    I've been saying over on HissTank, that my biggest issue with the Scarlett design is her overly busy boots. They are distracting, and draw the eye unnecessarily. Give her some boots closer to her Resolute look, and I'd be perfectly fine with this update.

Attached Images Attached Images