Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from NECA

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Looks like Irma's coming soon!

"How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Plus, they announced another cool exclusive: The Pizza Monsters!
    Yes and at limit 2. WHY?!?!

This makes ZERO sense. There were 3 in the series. Why not let fans buy 3 so they can recreate the scenes from the show? Randy once again proves why he's one of the most hated people in the industry. Neca is once again leaving money on the table. Pathetic and quite stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Looks like Irma's coming soon!

[
    Please come with REX-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Please come with REX-1.
    No Rex -1 would have to be a deluxe figure like Metealhead or Chrome Dome given his size.

She could come with Mona Lisa and knock out two of my top wants in one set!

Please come with REX-1.
    Rex-1 would be awesome.

Yes and at limit 2. WHY?!?!

This makes ZERO sense. There were 3 in the series. Why not let fans buy 3 so they can recreate the scenes from the show? Randy once again proves why he's one of the most hated people in the industry. Neca is once again leaving money on the table. Pathetic and quite stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Please come with REX-1.
    Yeah. Just dumb. I ordered 2 but they showed three, even in a couple of promo photos. Lol.
    cogito ergo doleo

Unless NECA is forced to limit the items they open for preorder on their site, I really don't understand why they put any limit on how many you can purchase.

If it's an item that's already been produced that has a set number that was made? Yes, I fully endorse limiting how many each person can buy so scalpers don't grab them all up.

But presumably something like the Pizza Monster, or last year's Tokka/Rahzar set, is something that's not been made yet, and so I'd think they'd want to make as many units as they possibly could. Sort of like how Super7 does with their preorders. Why limit the number per order for something that is yet to be made?

It would also allow places like BBTS and EE to place orders as well and could help people who may not have the money to buy these during the very small preorder window they give.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Unless NECA is forced to limit the items they open for preorder on their site, I really don't understand why they put any limit on how many you can purchase.

If it's an item that's already been produced that has a set number that was made? Yes, I fully endorse limiting how many each person can buy so scalpers don't grab them all up.

But presumably something like the Pizza Monster, or last year's Tokka/Rahzar set, is something that's not been made yet, and so I'd think they'd want to make as many units as they possibly could. Sort of like how Super7 does with their preorders. Why limit the number per order for something that is yet to be made?

It would also allow places like BBTS and EE to place orders as well and could help people who may not have the money to buy these during the very small preorder window they give.

I am assuming they already have a set amount 'on order' or in production hence why they can get these out to us by the fall?
    cogito ergo doleo

A lot of people are buying multiples of these guys... it would almost have made sense for Neca to put them in a 3-Pack.

I'm excited to see who goes up for order tomorrow!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

So it seems the new set up for pre-order is Ace Duck with Mutagen Man.

Hopefully next week Irma is put up. No idea who she could be packaged with. I doubt she'd come alone. It could be someone out of left field. I mean I thought Muckman was coming with Mondo Geko since they were revealed togheher, but it seems Muckman is coming as a deluxe (with Joe Eyeball of course) and Mondo's coming with Kerma from "Planet of the Turtleoids". Wasn't expecting him but then we are getting Chrome Dome and a Dirtbag/Groundchuck pack is rumored.

The old sets now up are Zarak/Zork and Splinter/Baxter... which is kinda upsetting as those are two I've had no problem finding in stores. They need to re-offer April and Casey!

Speaking of which it seems they may actually have worked out something and will be releasing an unmasked movie Casey.

Hopefully next week Irma is put up. No idea who she could be packaged with. I doubt she'd come alone. It could be someone out of left field. I mean I thought Muckman was coming with Mondo Geko since they were revealed togheher, but it seems Muckman is coming as a deluxe (with Joe Eyeball of course) and Mondo's coming with Kerma from "Planet of the Turtleoids". Wasn't expecting him but then we are getting Chrome Dome and a Dirtbag/Groundchuck pack is rumored.

The old sets now up are Zarak/Zork and Splinter/Baxter... which is kinda upsetting as those are two I've had no problem finding in stores. They need to re-offer April and Casey!

Speaking of which it seems they may actually have worked out something and will be releasing an unmasked movie Casey.
    I am honestly hoping for movie character like Oroku Saki/Hamato Yoshi 2 pack that was teased.
    cogito ergo doleo

Yeah and the pack looks really good. I ordered 2. Hopefully I can maybe trade the extra one for another Pizza Monster ( SINCE THERE WAS A LIMIT OF ONLY 2!!!!).

I mean I thought Muckman was coming with Mondo Geko since they were revealed togheher, but it seems Muckman is coming as a deluxe (with Joe Eyeball of course)
    Muckman was supposed to come with Mondo but Muckman costed out too high. Muckman & Joe were just too expensive to produce at the 2 pack cost so he was moved to the "deluxe" figure like Android Krang was and NECA added in a few extra accessories to round him out.

...and Mondo's coming with Kerma from "Planet of the Turtleoids". Wasn't expecting him but then we are getting Chrome Dome and a Dirtbag/Groundchuck pack is rumored.
    With Muckman now a deluxe figure, it left NECA to release Mondo also as a deluxe figure. To help justify the extra cost, Kerma was added to Mondo's release. Originally he was slated for release with a different figure but since the Mondo SKU needed something and Kerma was already sculpted and finished, he was just added to Mondo's release.

I mentioned the Groundchuck and Dirtbag 2 pack weeks ago. It was found in Target's system back in February.

They have. It was announced a few months ago by Randy. They're still trying to secure the likeness rights for Toshishiro Obata but it doesn't sound like he's willing to give NECA the rights.

Also, tomorrow (April 18) is the last day to pre-order your Pizza Monsters, Vernon/Rat King, and Roadkill Rodney packs!!!

They have. It was announced a few months ago by Randy. They're still trying to secure the likeness rights for Toshishiro Obata but it doesn't sound like he's willing to give NECA the rights.
    I wonder if Ernie Reyes will allow his likeness to be used for a Keno figure?

I would assume this is already in the works, but I haven't read anything about it...

Heroic Warrior
    Mutagen Man whether its the old action figure or the newer one, the character and the design creep me out.

skin sort of rotting off his arms and legs held together by a glass containment thing with his intestines and brain and eyes inside

April's April Takeover EP02:

This is pretty cool to see the process of figure creation... these videos lead me to believe that the April figure is much farther along than I originally thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are Neca's Week 3 offers!

Antrax & Scumbug 2-Pack!

Plus, Ultimate Krang’s Android Body and the General Tragg and Granitor 2 pack!

April's April Takeover EP02:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnlelCwXMXc

This is pretty cool to see the process of figure creation... these videos lead me to believe that the April figure is much farther along than I originally thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are Neca's Week 3 offers!

https://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-c...size=768%2C960

Antrax & Scumbug 2-Pack!

Plus, Ultimate Krang’s Android Body and the General Tragg and Granitor 2 pack!
    Those April videos are very cool.
    Scumbag and Anthrax look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Those April videos are very cool.
    Scumbag and Anthrax look great.
    Yeah, they really surprised me!

I was totally expecting Irma and maybe Burnes.

The NECA April O'Neil figure looks great.
    https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...l-movie-figure
    Looking at the background it seems a movie van might be getting released.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    The NECA April O'Neil figure looks great.
    https://www.superherohype.com/geek-c...l-movie-figure
    Looking at the background it seems a movie van might be getting released.
    I checked out the link and I was like "Yeah, that does look pret...OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER KNEES!"

Those knees make the female Origins knees look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I checked out the link and I was like "Yeah, that does look pret...OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH HER KNEES!"

HAH! Yeah, that is... that is "interesting".
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Yeah her knees don't look great. I agree the Origins knees look better. She really didn't need double jointed knees.
    They remind me of movie Casey's elbow joints.

I agree April's knees are weird, but nothing is worse than the Origins female knees.

CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Yeah those look horrendous. IMO the face looks off but that's probably due to the paint ops. The unpainted prototype though looked really good.

I tried like heck to get that Signature Edition April O'Neil... but, it sold out in minutes!

I wanted that raincoat dangit! Now I'm even more miffed, because it looks long enough to cover those knees... what an odd choice for articulation.

I tried like heck to get that Signature Edition April O'Neil... but, it sold out in minutes!
    Yeah expect more stupid exclusives like this in the future. It clearly was a success for Neca. I must be crazy cause I see nothing spectacular about it. The fact that they were able to dupe 2,000 people to overpay for a figure just for a cheap looking raincoat is ridiculous.

If the coat is all you really wanted, just wait till the figure gets released and there will be ebay sellers selling replica coats all over the website. Those will likely be even better quality than Neca's coat.

Yeah expect more stupid exclusives like this in the future. It clearly was a success for Neca. I must be crazy cause I see nothing spectacular about it. The fact that they were able to dupe 2,000 people to overpay for a figure just for a cheap looking raincoat is ridiculous.

If the coat is all you really wanted, just wait till the figure gets released and there will be ebay sellers selling replica coats all over the website. Those will likely be even better quality than Neca's coat.
    Yeah, I immediately started thinking about the Phicen TBLeague 1:12 outfits and accessories.

Also, I can use the yellow raincoat from my 7" Coroline figure. (It actually looks really good... not sure if I want to take it away from her or buy another one.)