Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from NECA

That Triceraton looks amazing.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I've been wondering ever since I first read about it...what could possibly be the point of this new system that Neca and Walmart have come up with? Why would anyone want to buy a toy/collectible and not have it?

Then I saw a facebook comment on Neca's site that made this whole thing ten times grosser than it already was: this system makes it even more convenient for scalpers because now they don't even have to bother with handling/storing/shipping the physical product.

Some of these practices are getting so vile that I feel like I need to take a shower after hearing them. At least they aren't selling $1,000 proxies (for all the Magic: The Gathering fans out there).

I see the first Blue Renet up on eBay for 99.95 already.

They say on Twitter that there's supposed to be a restock tomorrow around 10am EST.

Edit: Unless "around" means give or take 6 hours like it has in the past with these crappy exclusive drops or they sold out between every-few-second refreshes, then they were just lying.

Update: Spent three and a half hours refreshing every few minutes, and almost exactly when I had to be away from a computer, that's when they apparently went up for sale.
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; October 7, 2022 at 02:45pm.

Here's Donatello as the invisible man:

I like the effect of the invisible shell!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Not exactly NECA but I got the Lightning Collection Power Rangers Ninja Turtles figures are they are really fun figures. My only criticism of the figures would be that Shredder is difficult to balance to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Not exactly NECA but I got the Lightning Collection Power Rangers Ninja Turtles figures are they are really fun figures. My only criticism of the figures would be that Shredder is difficult to balance to stand.
    These are great figures!

Really well built and just plain fun!

A second TMNT x Power Rangers crossover has been announced too!

I received my Archie Slash today.

TL, DR:

Archie Slash is awesome. If you love Slash or TMNT you should pick him up.

---------

I have two Neca Slash figures - Turtles in Time and the Archie.

Of the two I love the Archie Slash. I don't own the Fred Wolf Slash.

This Slash is built on the animated Tokka body so it's nice and chunky.

I do worry about the hand knife gauntlets. It's Neca so you know they'll break if you're not careful.

No palm tree or alt head here are notable omissions.

All in all a great addition to my toy collection.

However, I'm not blown away by this figure.

I actually like the Animated Neca Tokka more. I love the colors and overall aesthetic on the body more. I appreciate the articulated jaw too.

The big comparison is between the S7 Slash and the Archie Slash.

I had a very hard time choosing between the Neca Tokka and S7 Slash but suprisingly there's no contest among the two Slashes, the S7 Slash is my preferred Slash figure.

I really love the Playmates colors, the sculpting, the size and chunkiness, and I love the alt head on the S7.

I'm glad I bought both.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I received my Archie Slash today.

TL, DR:

Archie Slash is awesome. If you love Slash or TMNT you should pick him up.

---------

I have two Neca Slash figures - Turtles in Time and the Archie.

Of the two I love the Archie Slash. I don't own the Fred Wolf Slash.

This Slash is built on the animated Tokka body so it's nice and chunky.

I do worry about the hand knife gauntlets. It's Neca so you know they'll break if you're not careful.

No palm tree or alt head here are notable omissions.

All in all a great addition to my toy collection.

However, I'm not blown away by this figure.

I actually like the Animated Neca Tokka more. I love the colors and overall aesthetic on the body more. I appreciate the articulated jaw too.

The big comparison is between the S7 Slash and the Archie Slash.

I had a very hard time choosing between the Neca Tokka and S7 Slash but suprisingly there's no contest among the two Slashes, the S7 Slash is my preferred Slash figure.

I really love the Playmates colors, the sculpting, the size and chunkiness, and I love the alt head on the S7.

I'm glad I bought both.
    I like both the NECA Archie and Super7 Ultimates Slash figures but I think of the two overall I prefer the Archie Slash...but the colours on the Ultimates are nice.

I like both the NECA Archie and Super7 Ultimates Slash figures but I think of the two overall I prefer the Archie Slash...but the colours on the Ultimates are nice.
    Despite the double jointed knees and elbows I feel like I can get better posing with the S7.

But I love both figures so it doesn't matter at the end of the day. They're both awesome.

The Archie Slash has always been my favorite version of the character, and the Neca figure is amazing.

I really want an entire Archie line of TMNT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The Archie Slash has always been my favorite version of the character, and the Neca figure is amazing.

I really want an entire Archie line of TMNT.
    Definitely. I really like a lot of the Archie designs.

I think the Archie figures I would want most are the Turtles in their IWF outfits and Archie Shredder.

THe Archie comic was were I first seen Slash and Ray Fillet so I really would like to get the NECA Archie figures of those characters.

The Neca/Walmart/AutoT Vault ventures continues to be perhaps the biggest train wreck of a system I've ever witnessed.

https://toynewsi.com/139-44849

On top of the issue discussed in the article, apparently there's been a tremendous amount of people who've just had their orders/purchases cancelled by Walmart and there seems to be no response to this that I'm aware of. Others claim that the Vault website shows their item as being shipped but there's no tracking info and no figure has shown up. I know people have them up on ebay, but I've yet to find any evidence of someone who's actually received a figure in hand.

I really wanted a blue Renet, but this entire process seems so shady at the moment that I'm not sure I'd buy a "legit" code for it even if I could. I kind of regretted getting the red Renet, especially when they announced this one right after I got my red one in hand. However, I'm glad to have it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post

I really wanted a blue Renet, but this entire process seems so shady at the moment that I'm not sure I'd buy a "legit" code for it even if I could. I kind of regretted getting the red Renet, especially when they announced this one right after I got my red one in hand. However, I'm glad to have it now.
    100%

This whole thing actually makes me actively not want a blue Renet.

I can learn to love the red.

Destroyer of Tough Stains Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    The Neca/Walmart/AutoT Vault ventures continues to be perhaps the biggest train wreck of a system I've ever witnessed.

https://toynewsi.com/139-44849

On top of the issue discussed in the article, apparently there's been a tremendous amount of people who've just had their orders/purchases cancelled by Walmart and there seems to be no response to this that I'm aware of. Others claim that the Vault website shows their item as being shipped but there's no tracking info and no figure has shown up. I know people have them up on ebay, but I've yet to find any evidence of someone who's actually received a figure in hand.

This video addresses this situation pretty hilariously...

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    This video addresses this situation pretty hilariously...

That... is AWESOME!!

Just received an email from NECA

Thank you for your pre-order of one of our TMNT sets.

Currently we are shipping out the Tokka & Rahzar 2 Pack (54127), Secret of the Ooze Accessory Set (54241), and Secret of the Ooze Turtles 4 pack in VHS packaging (54238) and we can no longer make changes to these orders.

It's my first time buying directly from NECA, will they later provide a shipping number? I have to register the package for import tax to Europe.

BBTS:

Thank you for pre-ordering TMNT Ultimate Casey Jones (Mirage Comics) (Standard Grade) from BigBadToyStore!

We are expecting this item to arrive soon (barring any unforeseen complications or shipping delays) and will begin processing pre-orders as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse.

------------------

Thank you for Pre-ordering TMNT Ultimate Utrom (Mirage Comics) from BigBadToyStore!

We are expecting this item to arrive soon (barring any unforeseen complications or shipping delays) and will begin processing Pre-orders as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse.

The NECA Archie Comics Slash arrive yesterday and it is a really awesome figure.
    Definitely my favourite version of Slash I first seen Slash in the Archie Comics.

Heroic Warrior
    WARNING: I just got an update for my Tokka & Rahzar movie two pack that it should be shipping soon.

As a reminder to anyone else who may be getting something from NECA in the mail, remember there is a better chance of breakage if the figure is cold, so let it sit inside for a good while, to warm up the plastic before you try to open/pose anything from NECA, that is cold from shipping.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; November 19, 2022 at 08:38pm.

Got my shipping notice for Casey.

And Utrom.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; November 22, 2022 at 12:45pm.

I got my Neca Fugitoid and Casey in the mail.

Fugitoid: I'm not feeling this one. A rare miss by Neca for me. There's nothing wrong with the figure, but I don't like the bendy arms and legs. The aesthetics of the figure are great.

Casey: I really like this figure. The Neca movie Casey looks great but I didn't find him very fun to pose. The Mirage version is much better. The articulation and comic paint deco is so cool. I love Neca's video game, animated, and comic deco figures anyway and this one works for me.

I'm not sure which figure I like better the Neca Mirage or S7 Casey. As much as I love this Mirage Casey I do love the Playmates design S7 gave us.

Both are good figures and now I have both.

Neca's Utrom should be next.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    WARNING: I just got an update for my Tokka & Rahzar movie two pack that it should be shipping soon.

As a reminder to anyone else who may be getting something from NECA in the mail, remember there is a better chance of breakage if the figure is cold, so let it sit inside for a good while, to warm up the plastic before you try to open/pose anything from NECA, that is cold from shipping.

You have to heat up EVERY NECA figure regardless of the weather conditions. I always give mine a nice hot tub bath right out of the package.

Casey, Fugitiod, Slash, and Renet are all in stock at BBTS right now... if anyone was curious or still looking.

Honestly, all four of these figures are fantastic. Neca has increased their quality these past 5 years and it really shows with these four. Especially Slash, he's a beast! (I want more "Adeventures" figures!!)

I received my Mirage Utroms today (I ordered 2).

These guys are amazing, easily the best of the Mirage figures I have so far (Casey and Fugitoid. I have no interest in Renet).

The one is articulated nicely, I love the comic deco, the sculpt of the circuits on the body, the utrom sculpt is cool, and the alt damaged head.

He has no double jointed knees, the thigh rotation is minimal, but the waist twist and upper torso cut make up for it.

The figure feels sturdy too.

I definitely recommend picking this one up.