Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from NECA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I'm gonna die poor, but I don't care!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!

i don't know i think splinter looks awfully 'squat' i know that 'cartoon' is the aesthetic, and i can respect how faithful neca are being. but i think in some cases other choices could have been made in order to achieve a 'better' figure in terms of posability. april o'neil for instance.

Very impressive. Still think April's head could be a bit more detailed but they all look awesome.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Pixel Dan put up a quick video of the NECA TMNT items (he will have a full NECA walk through video later). One of the guys from NECA demonstrates that Tokka's eye brow areas are posable, and you can adjust them to get different expressions, like anger, surprised, etc.

YES!!!!

Splinter!!! Finally!

This is my personal favorite rendition of Splinter (followed closely by IDW's...) and I have to say, congratulations Neca!

We have had to wait a long time for him, but man! It's looking like it will worth the wait!

WOOT!!

Tokka and Rhazar look sweet too!

They all look so good! I am in agreement with Bonehead, I'm gonna be POOR... but, I'll be the happiest person in the poorhouse!

A quick note: I stopped by my Target last weekend and they got a heavy restock of the TMNT wave 2. So, if you're still looking, check your store, they may have shown up!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Overall I prefer the Super7 TMNT stuff. However, I much prefer the NECA Splinter and Baxter Stockman. But yeah, all in all, both companies are doing old-school TMNT proud.

These latest reveals are amazing, but the switch to Walmart for the movie figures is a bummer, scalpers are going to make a killing.

Quarter scale toon Turtles are coming!!

Also, movie Casey!!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    These latest reveals are amazing, but the switch to Walmart for the movie figures is a bummer, scalpers are going to make a killing.
    Scalpers will love it for sure... but, it might also make these more widely available to fans. Target's method is making it nigh impossible for people in some parts of the country to get the toon waves.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Lots of really nice reveals, I love the cartoon Splinter! Definitely be picking him up. Also nice to see the movie line expanding.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Yeah that was a bit of a shock to a lot of people. Getting them at Gamestop was pretty painless IMO.

Also NECA said to expect the cartoon deco Street Scene Diorama out later this year along with a possible toon accessory pack with lots of the little stuff from the dioramas in the display case like maybe Roadkill Rodney. Neca is still trying to figure out the pack outs.

Yeah that was a bit of a shock to a lot of people. Getting them at Gamestop was pretty painless IMO.

Also NECA said to expect the cartoon deco Street Scene Diorama out later this year along with a possible toon accessory pack with lots of the little stuff from the dioramas in the display case like maybe Roadkill Rodney. Neca is still trying to figure out the pack outs.
    Oh, gawds! I would love another Street Scene Diorama!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I can't wait for these! I've been collecting them since the SDCC exclusive 8 pack. Eagerly awaiting the Stone Warriors, Metalhead, Splinter, April, Casey and Krang's Android Body. Heck even the Roadkill Rodneys.

Too bad getting them from Target is a royal pain. The NECA guy comes at random and stocks the shelves himself. Which means the figures could show up at any time, not like early in the morning when the store first opens up. Sometimes employees will put them in the normal toy aisles.

I wish NECA would make the Turtles in Time Slash for the cartoon series. I always liked that design better.

Heck, I wish NECA would make a Mirage Splinter and Casey. Finish that line out!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

many of these new reveals look fantastic, and I'm certainly in for a movie Casey Jones.

Otherwise, I'm sticking with Super7.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I am loving all of the TMNT goodness we are receiving from both NECA and Super7. I am definitely collecting both lines because all these different iterations are looking amazing. It definitely helps plug the hole that the lack of Classics is leaving behind.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I am loving all of the TMNT goodness we are receiving from both NECA and Super7. I am definitely collecting both lines because all these different iterations are looking amazing. It definitely helps plug the hole that the lack of Classics is leaving behind.
    its sucks that MOTUC may be over permanently. I’m still holding out that in 5 years they start over with a 2.0 buck.

But having TMMT, Thundercats, and GI Joe making big come backs more than fills the void. Especially with having 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party Transfomers companies innovating like crazy continuously...
    Last edited by Creedog; February 26, 2020 at 01:03am.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Im not a massive turtles fan but for what I want Ill be picking neca over super 7, I have bebop and rocksteady on order and also leatherhead and slash and I just happened to get a movie leonardo in the post today, I dont really want any turtles but he was cheap on ebay and hes a nice enough figure. roblox auto clicker
    Im shocked that they still havent even teased Splinter yet. He has to be next up on their list. They already released movie Splinter.
    Last edited by Chipxission; March 2, 2020 at 05:12am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, the Sewer Surfin' boards are cool!

I hope that Neca releases a set of Neon Night Rider boards as well... I actually prefer those versions!

https://www.mobygames.com/images/sho...screenshot.png https://www.mobygames.com/images/sho...screenshot.png
    Love that game! and that "my toe my toe" line always made me laugh.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Here are some new solicitation pics of Casey and Raph in disguise.

These are exclusive to Walmart... and, unfortunately, it doesn't look like we will get an alternate Elias Koteas head.

Yeah, THAT set is a must for me. I still need to track down a Splinter and Shredder. (I think I'll pass on the Foot Ninja, just to save some dough.)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I would've killed for the cartoon line as a kid! However, as much as I appreciate how good these figures are, I just don't have as much interest in the cartoon versions of these characters any more. I've almost pulled the trigger on them more than once (like had them in my hands at the store), but I just can't ever go through with it. I'm sure I'll either give in one day or regret it later.

What I REALLY want though, is a continuation of the Mirage line. I know in my heart that's a pipe dream, but THAT's the line I'd kill for now, even if it just had to be convention exclusives. I desperately want Mirage versions of Splinter, Casey, Fugitoid, Triceratons, Renet, Savanti Romero, Radical, Complete Carnage, Leatherhead, Chote, Karai, Shadow....etc. (personally, I'd even take characters more obscure than these, but I KNOW that would never happen). I'd even like other versions of the comic turtles: Dooney's turtles, Lawson's turtles, Talbot's turtles, later (circa City at War, #50 cover) Eastman and Laird turtles, etc.

I'd also LOVE an IDW line... That could be a full scale, retail toy line in and of itself (licensing issues and whatnot notwithstanding).
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; March 31, 2020 at 10:12am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I would've killed for the cartoon line as a kid! However, as much as I appreciate how good these figures are, I just don't have as much interest in the cartoon versions of these characters any more. I've almost pulled the trigger on them more than once (like had them in my hands at the store), but I just can't ever go through with it. I'm sure I'll either give in one day or regret it later.

What I REALLY want though, is a continuation of the Mirage line. I know in my heart that's a pipe dream, but THAT's the line I'd kill for now, even if it just had to be convention exclusives. I desperately want Mirage versions of Splinter, Casey, Fugitoid, Triceratons, Renet, Savanti Romero, Radical, Complete Carnage, Leatherhead, Chote, Karai, Shadow....etc. (personally, I'd even take characters more obscure than these, but I KNOW that would never happen). I'd even like other versions of the comic turtles: Dooney's turtles, Lawson's turtles, Talbot's turtles, later (circa City at War, #50 cover) Eastman and Laird turtles, etc.

I'd also LOVE an IDW line... That could be a full scale, retail toy line in and of itself (licensing issues and whatnot notwithstanding).
    Don't give up hope.

Neca is killing it with their Turtle figures... the Mirage Shredder/Foot set sold like hot-cakes!

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw, at the very least, a Mirage version of Splinter, Fugitiod, and Casey.

Speaking of Eric Talbot, I want these figures!

Don't give up hope.

Neca is killing it with their Turtle figures... the Mirage Shredder/Foot set sold like hot-cakes!

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw, at the very least, a Mirage version of Splinter, Fugitiod, and Casey.

If I remember correctly, they don't have the rights to the comic book versions any longer. Neca commented on this back at SDCC or NYTF. They are though doing that Lootcrate Shredder so maybe they reacquired them?

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Don't give up hope.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20160530094025
    Me too!

I also want his future Raph!

01.jpg

If I remember correctly, they don't have the rights to the comic book versions any longer. Neca commented on this back at SDCC or NYTF. They are though doing that Lootcrate Shredder so maybe they reacquired them?
    I honestly haven't followed Neca's licensing situation, so I'm not sure. I think the crate with that Shredder is supposed to be entirely Mirage themed. I doubt I'd ever get a lootcrate, but I may pick up that Shredder on the secondary market if I can find a reasonable price (which is highly doubtful). I wonder if they'll go back and do the various Foot ninjas in this color to match him? I actually much prefer the coloring we already have, so it's no great loss to me either way.
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; April 1, 2020 at 04:54pm.

Here are promo pics of Neca's Metalhead!!!

This figure looks epic!

I can't wait for him!

In the U.S., Metalhead is a Target exclusive coming in June.

I ordered the knock off NECA Movie Turtles off Wish for my birthday and have the official NECA movie Shredder coming as well (from EB Games/Gamespot here in Canada). Exciting! I wanted the VHS style box set and didn't want to pay $300-500 for it. Wish had it for $99 Canadian. Saw the videos on Youtube about the knock-offs and decided those will be good enough
    Sent from my iPhone

Here are some promotional images from Neca of their upcoming toon packs:

I love 'em all.... except for April.

Her face looks weird. I hope that this gets fixed for production, but I'm afraid this IS production.