Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from NECA

Yes!!! Scrag does come with swappable bat parts!!!

00-Lootcrate-Scrag-01__scaled_600.jpg00-Lootcrate-Scrag-02__scaled_600.jpg

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I haven't been following the thread super close lately since it's generally dominated by news from the toon line (which I don't collect, but completely acknowledge is amazing!), so I just saw the loot crate stuff. I've gotta say that I'm REALLY bummed that we're finally getting a totally new Mirage figure and it's....a Return to New York Shredder clone?? Ugh. I can't believe with all the amazing characters they had to choose from they chose THAT. Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I haven't been following the thread super close lately since it's generally dominated by news from the toon line (which I don't collect, but completely acknowledge is amazing!), so I just saw the loot crate stuff. I've gotta say that I'm REALLY bummed that we're finally getting a totally new Mirage figure and it's....a Return to New York Shredder clone?? Ugh. I can't believe with all the amazing characters they had to choose from they chose THAT. Boo!
    They chose that character cause it's a niche character and one that probably would not sell at retail. Neca has hinted at more new Mirage figures for later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    They chose that character cause it's a niche character and one that probably would not sell at retail. Neca has hinted at more new Mirage figures for later this year.
    I'm glad to hear about more Mirage figures in general. I assume retail means Target? Not super keen on that, but I guess it's theoretically better than nothing.

I wonder what they consider niche and not niche in Mirage? Outside of characters they've already done, Splinter, Casey, and Baxter, pretty much all Mirage characters seem pretty niche to me as far as retail goes.

I'm glad to hear about more Mirage figures in general. I assume retail means Target? Not super keen on that, but I guess it's theoretically better than nothing.

I wonder what they consider niche and not niche in Mirage? Outside of characters they've already done, Splinter, Casey, and Baxter, pretty much all Mirage characters seem pretty niche to me as far as retail goes.
    They should redo the Mirage Turtles. I get that they are based on the first issue but they had better proportions as the comic went on.
    Also it would be good if NECA could start using better plastic and stop painting joints and just cast the piece the correct colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    They should redo the Mirage Turtles. I get that they are based on the first issue but they had better proportions as the comic went on.
    Also it would be good if NECA could start using better plastic and stop painting joints and just cast the piece the correct colour.
    Or, at least re-release the set of four.

After all these years, the original Neca Mirage TMNT are some of my very favorite figures ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes!!! Scrag does come with swappable bat parts!!!

00-Lootcrate-Scrag-01__scaled_600.jpg00-Lootcrate-Scrag-02__scaled_600.jpg
    That is an awesome figure!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

It seems like we've talked about it in this thread a long time ago, but I'd be down for seeing the turtles as drawn by various Mirage artist: later E/L, Dooney, Talbot, Lawson, etc. You could definitely go down a rabbit hole with that though. But yeah, I think them releasing another Mirage take on the turtles would kill two birds with one stone: it could get another version of the turtles out there for die hard fans that likely already have the first set, and also provide a jumping on point for people who would like to start collecting the comic line now. Honestly, I'd be down for them re-releasing or doing new version of all their Mirage stuff. I procrastinated on April because she was in the $30 range for years, but when she jumped, she jumped hard. I like the figure, but I don't $125+ like it. I'd also love to get more foot clan at a reasonable price. I can't bring myself to unbox the ones I have because they've jumped up in price so much. And then of course, my Turtles are KOs. They're great, but I'd like to know I had some legit ones too.

But I definitely want figures of other Mirage characters the most. Splinter, Casey, Baxter, Fugitoid, Mirage Triceratons, Renet, Savanti Romero, Mirage Leatherhead, Chote, Karai, Complete Carnage, Radical, future Raph (with dead rabbit, sai staff, eye patch, and hooded cloak accessories, of course), kid and future Shadow Jones, and of course, Klunk. Those are just some off the top of my head, lol.

It seems like we've talked about it in this thread a long time ago, but I'd be down for seeing the turtles as drawn by various Mirage artist: later E/L, Dooney, Talbot, Lawson, etc. You could definitely go down a rabbit hole with that though. But yeah, I think them releasing another Mirage take on the turtles would kill two birds with one stone: it could get another version of the turtles out there for die hard fans that likely already have the first set, and also provide a jumping on point for people who would like to start collecting the comic line now. Honestly, I'd be down for them re-releasing or doing new version of all their Mirage stuff. I procrastinated on April because she was in the $30 range for years, but when she jumped, she jumped hard. I like the figure, but I don't $125+ like it. I'd also love to get more foot clan at a reasonable price. I can't bring myself to unbox the ones I have because they've jumped up in price so much. And then of course, my Turtles are KOs. They're great, but I'd like to know I had some legit ones too.

But I definitely want figures of other Mirage characters the most. Splinter, Casey, Baxter, Fugitoid, Mirage Triceratons, Renet, Savanti Romero, Mirage Leatherhead, Chote, Karai, Complete Carnage, Radical, future Raph (with dead rabbit, sai staff, eye patch, and hooded cloak accessories, of course), kid and future Shadow Jones, and of course, Klunk. Those are just some off the top of my head, lol.
    I had the official NECA Turtles. The figures were fine but their weapons were quite fragile. My Leonardo's sheath broke off his the blade broke at the hilt and Raphael's Sai also snapped. Thankfully I was able to repair them all with super glue.
    Even just re-using the new cartoon/video game buck body for the TMNT would be good, just give them all red masks.
    A new Mirage April would be great as the last one wasn't that great.
    Some Mirage versions though of Splinter, Casey, Leatherhead, Triceratons and Rat King etc would be awesome.
    Personally I would love some figures based on the Archie comics.

I've been waiting to pull the trigger on all four loot crate packages, but I've been wondering if these typically sell out within a month? Is there a cutoff date, or is it just based on supply? Seems weird that it would be based on a set number of inventory since these won't come out until five-six months from now and it feels like a preorder.

Quote Originally Posted by anti_climacus View Post
    I've been waiting to pull the trigger on all four loot crate packages, but I've been wondering if these typically sell out within a month? Is there a cutoff date, or is it just based on supply? Seems weird that it would be based on a set number of inventory since these won't come out until five-six months from now and it feels like a preorder.
    there is a cut off date but they can also sell out so if you want to get all the crates, do it now.

It's basically a pre-order but likely with set quantities already ordered. I.e they know they will sell about 10,000. The factory says they can produce in quantities of 10,000, 12,000, 14,000 etc.

SO they know, by how sales are going they won't hit the next minimum order amount so the close it gets to 10,000 the close they get to 'sold out'.

The last wave of crates did in fact end before the final cut off date.
    cogito ergo doleo

Super helpful King Kahn, thanks so much!

The Loot Crates are an incredible way of securing any "Limited" figures you would like to add to your collection.

It is totally worth the price of admission- even if you are only interested in one or two figures. The resale value on these things is through the roof!

Usually, the figures that you don't want / need can be sold online for 4X the purchase price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The Loot Crates are an incredible way of securing any "Limited" figures you would like to add to your collection.

It is totally worth the price of admission- even if you are only interested in one or two figures. The resale value on these things is through the roof!

Usually, the figures that you don't want / need can be sold online for 4X the purchase price.
    Can confirm all of this. I bought a second Lootcrate for a friend of mine but he backed out of it leaving me with an extra set. Little did I know that there would be a huge demand for these when they were released. I was able to sell the extra set on ebay and all 4 Crates together literally paid for both of the Wave 1 sets along with my Wave 2 set.

"Welcome to Ninja Pizza, Home of the Nice Slice!"

Here are some shots of the Neca Turtles in Disguise 4-Pack!

These have loads of accessories!

But, my main reason for this purchase will be for the extra, interchangeable toon heads that come with each turtle!

"Welcome to Ninja Pizza, Home of the Nice Slice!"

Here are some shots of the Neca Turtles in Disguise 4-Pack!
    It's a great set. I hope it's somewhat easy to find. Krang and the Splinter/Baxter set was pretty plentiful but Rat King/Vernon seems to not be as easy to find.

More Rat Kings and Vernons on the way: https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status...830672384?s=21

It's a great set. I hope it's somewhat easy to find. Krang and the Splinter/Baxter set was pretty plentiful but Rat King/Vernon seems to not be as easy to find.
    It's always hit-or-miss with Neca...

I just wish that they would offer their products through an online pre-order system (similar to their Tokka/Rahzar & Super Shredder figs), in addition to a retail store like Target.

Quote Originally Posted by anti_climacus View Post
    More Rat Kings and Vernons on the way: https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status...830672384?s=21
    This is good news!

It's always hit-or-miss with Neca...
    No kidding. I'm looking at you Flash.

I just wish that they would offer their products through an online pre-order system (similar to their Tokka/Rahzar & Super Shredder figs), in addition to a retail store like Target.
    Yeah. Some new info has surfaced about their license from an employee and it seems that they actually can sell the Toon stuff online. They have to be exclusives if in actual B&M stores but that doesn't include online sales of direct market stores like BBTS or EE. I wish they would just move the line to online sales and drop Target. They would make a ton more just on re-releases. Many people don't buy the line cause they missed out on the core characters in the first year or so. Get the main cast out to those customers and they'd likey buy the newer figures coming out also.

Well, if you are like me, then you already have 10+ Foot Soldiers in your Neca collection... but, if you need one more, check this guy out:

The Ultimate Foot Soldier will come with gobs of accessories and interchangeable heads.

Also revealed today, the Toon TMNT Giant-Sized Donatello (plus the previously announced Raph):

Well, I saw that the loot crates are listed as almost sold out now, so I decided to bite the bullet on the Mirage one. I still find the character choice highly dubious (not only is this guy like #20 on the most wanted list, now I have to think about the fact that I'm going to be missing the other two Shredder Clones every time I look at this guy!), but I'll take almost anything they want to give us from Mirage. I also wonder what color they'll do him in. I hope they do him in the normal Shredder colors like from the cover of issue 21. Part of me wonders if they'll try to make him match the colors of the last Loot Crate Shredder they released though. I just hope they don't do him solid red like the Color Classics colorization; that was awful and completely inexplicable. I know everything else in the crate will be on the junky side, but I hope it's a little better than their last one. I don't even mind that the stuff was trivial junk, I just thought the theme was kinda weak.

On a completely unrelated note, I meant to comment on the following after I first saw it, but I never did.

Even just re-using the new cartoon/video game buck body for the TMNT would be good, just give them all red masks.

We can't be friends any more.

We can't be friends any more.
    LOL.

BTW what's the plastic quality like for the weapons of the cartoon and video game figures?

Heroic Warrior
    I saw a video on youtube today, posted today I think, so it's not old, and the guy said in passing that the NECA movie figure two-packs are showing up en mass at certain wal-mart stores. Are these like a full assortment of all the figures, or just one or two specifically? Has anyone heard of this?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I saw a video on youtube today, posted today I think, so it's not old, and the guy said in passing that the NECA movie figure two-packs are showing up en mass at certain wal-mart stores. Are these like a full assortment of all the figures, or just one or two specifically? Has anyone heard of this?
    Almost the entire movie assortment was repackaged as part of Neca's Movie 2-Packs. (The only movie figures you won't find at Wal-Mart are Tokka & Rahzar.)

-Leo & Don

-Raph & Mike

-Casey & Raph

These sets were all released on schedule during the early days of the pandemic.

-Foot Ninja (2X)

-Shredder & Splinter

-Super Shredder

These two packs eventually made it to store shelves, albeit late and in smaller numbers.

It stands to reason that these would all start seeing the light of day again... and, personally, I hope that a healthy stock of them start showing up.

These are some of the best figures Neca has ever released, and they deserve to be seen, collected and played with by anyone who wants them.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I saw a video on youtube today, posted today I think, so it's not old, and the guy said in passing that the NECA movie figure two-packs are showing up en mass at certain wal-mart stores.
    They are along with the new decoed Super Shredder. Unfortunately it seems only a very few stores have received these massive restocks. There are pics of entire encaps overrun with the movie figures.

Also the Wave 2 Lootcrates have all sold out so I hope everyone who wanted one got one.

Ordered the whole lootcrate set four days before they were all sold out! Was hoping for the full reveal of the Mirage and Cartoon figures, but all we got was a very dark preview shot of the mutant shredder. Still excited though!

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 7.27.21 PM.png