Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from NECA

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Looks like Usagi is coming to the line!
    Yeah and the render looks great. I hope he's a single release and they just load him with lots of cool stuff.

In related news I finally got Muckman and Mondo from my Neca store order. I love both of them but Muckman is one of the best figures they've done on this line. I never thought this line would get this far into the character selection that we'd be getting characters like this. This line just keeps going.

I wish Neca though would have found a better way to distribute these instead of Target and their own store. I don't see why they couldn't find a way to let the larger online stores distribute these as well. It would make collecting this line so much easier. I'd even pay a few extra bucks if I could just preorder them from BBTS or EE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Yeah and the render looks great. I hope he's a single release and they just load him with lots of cool stuff.

In related news I finally got Muckman and Mondo from my Neca store order. I love both of them but Muckman is one of the best figures they've done on this line. I never thought this line would get this far into the character selection that we'd be getting characters like this. This line just keeps going.

I wish Neca though would have found a better way to distribute these instead of Target and their own store. I don't see why they couldn't find a way to let the larger online stores distribute these as well. It would make collecting this line so much easier. I'd even pay a few extra bucks if I could just preorder them from BBTS or EE.
    yeah it is gonna kill me when they say Usagi will be a target release like the other stuff. The issues they have on distro is likely directly related to Playmates and their interference.

I am also hoping for a variant to be released directly on Sakai's personal site like he did with the last playmates figure.
    cogito ergo doleo

Yeah, the render definitely looks good!

He might be part of a two-pack with Punk Disguise Leo (he wore this disguise for a good part of the ep.)... that would be a pretty cheap reuse for Neca.

Or, he could come with someone totally random like Groundchuck.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, the render definitely looks good!

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...8/1yojimbo.jpg

He might be part of a two-pack with Punk Disguise Leo (he wore this disguise for a good part of the ep.)... that would be a pretty cheap reuse for Neca.

Or, he could come with someone totally random like Groundchuck.
    I don't recall that episode. Isn't Groundchuck being released with Dirtbag?
    A figure of Tattoo the Sumo would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    A figure of Tattoo the Sumo would be cool.
    Yes!!!

Tattoo is in my top 10 favorite vintage TMNT characters!

Yes!!!

Tattoo is in my top 10 favorite vintage TMNT characters!
    He would be an awesome figure.
    I've never owned a figure of a Sumo wrestler...which is kind of ironic considering I have owned around 200+ wrestling figures,and yet I have never owned a Yokozuna.

I would love a Panda Kahn figure but he never appeared in the cartoon. I had the vintage toy growing up.

Yes. Both were in the same episode so it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love a Panda Kahn figure but he never appeared in the cartoon. I had the vintage toy growing up.
    Loved that figure as well. I hope he's in one of the future S7 TMNT waves.

Here is a good look at the Shadow Warriors 2-Pack from the Fwoosh:

https://thefwoosh.com/2021/09/neca-t...rriors-review/

I was actually able to find the Neca Shadow Warriors 2 pack at my Walmart last week. I couldn't buy it though because it wasn't listed in their system despite being on their shelves. The person who entered the items into the system was not working at the time. I was not happy.

I went back Monday (4 or 5 days later) and they still had the same 2 sets. I picked one up.

I like it. The ab articulation on these guys is kind of ugly and it doesn't have the best range of movement on my figures anyway. It might be too tight.

Other than that I love the set.

It is really cool to get an unarmored Shredder in just a karate Gi.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I was actually able to find the Neca Shadow Warriors 2 pack at my Walmart last week. I couldn't buy it though because it wasn't listed in their system despite being on their shelves. The person who entered the items into the system was not working at the time. I was not happy.

I went back Monday (4 or 5 days later) and they still had the same 2 sets. I picked one up.

I like it. The ab articulation on these guys is kind of ugly and it doesn't have the best range of movement on my figures anyway. It might be too tight.

Other than that I love the set.

It is really cool to get an unarmored Shredder in just a karate Gi.
    Nice!

I've read that these seem to be easier to find in the wild... and most fans are stumbling upon them without even going on the hunt.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I've been waiting for Chrome Dome only to find out today he came and went on the Neca site like two weeks ago and I never got the notice!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    I've been waiting for Chrome Dome only to find out today he came and went on the Neca site like two weeks ago and I never got the notice!
    That was for an in-stock sale. They'll do another preorder, I'm sure.

I haven't gotten any notifiations for any of their sales for months. They seem to only announce these on Facebook or Twitter which I both avoid. A few days ago there was a sale for the Ult. Foot Soldier, the 2nd Frog 2 pak, and the GRanitor/Traag 2 pak. I missed that too.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    That was for an in-stock sale. They'll do another preorder, I'm sure.

I haven't gotten any notifiations for any of their sales for months. They seem to only announce these on Facebook or Twitter which I both avoid. A few days ago there was a sale for the Ult. Foot Soldier, the 2nd Frog 2 pak, and the GRanitor/Traag 2 pak. I missed that too.
    Yeah Granitor and Traag are still in stock but I already have them and the Ult. Foot soldier (actually found him in store at Target!) Hopefully I'll be able to get Groundchuck and Dirtbag when they go up.

Honestly I can't think of too many more they haven't done/announced that I want. Just mainly Mona Lisa and the Neutrinos.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Yeah Granitor and Traag are still in stock but I already have them and the Ult. Foot soldier (actually found him in store at Target!) Hopefully I'll be able to get Groundchuck and Dirtbag when they go up.

Honestly I can't think of too many more they haven't done/announced that I want. Just mainly Mona Lisa and the Neutrinos.
    I only needed the 2nd Frog pack. It's just hitting stores now so maybe I'll get lucky. I did find Mondo and Muckman a few weeks ago but I already had them from the online sale. Also they had a few disguise 4 packs so I got one of those. I was lucky cause all but the one I bought had horrible paint ops. It was the first time in almosyt a year that I had found any TMNT items at my Target. I always seem to have to go to the ones out of town to find anything NECA. Even Gremlins stuff is hard to get here.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I think this news is about a month old or more now, but it must have slipped by me. I didn't see anyone else post a pic here yet, so I figured I would.

I bought in on this one and didn't have high hopes, but I think it turned out ok for what it is. I still can't believe that this "character" was chosen to be made. Even solely in Mirage, this guy probably doesn't crack my top 20. Now we're in this awkward position where this guy seems weird without the other two, but I definitely don't want them wasting two more potential slots on these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I think this news is about a month old or more now, but it must have slipped by me. I didn't see anyone else post a pic here yet, so I figured I would.

https://i.toynewsi.com/g/generated/N...scaled_600.jpg

I bought in on this one and didn't have high hopes, but I think it turned out ok for what it is. I still can't believe that this "character" was chosen to be made. Even solely in Mirage, this guy probably doesn't crack my top 20. Now we're in this awkward position where this guy seems weird without the other two, but I definitely don't want them wasting two more potential slots on these guys.
    See for me the mutant shredders were some of my favorite mirage creations and I absolutely want them to use slots to get the rest since we have never got all three in one toy line. Itís always been two of them and the third never gets made so I have high hopes that neca will finally deliver on this. Maybe the large 4 arm shredder and tint shredder can be packed together.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Even solely in Mirage, this guy probably doesn't crack my top 20. Now we're in this awkward position where this guy seems weird without the other two, but I definitely don't want them wasting two more potential slots on these guys.
    This is the perfect kind of character for their Lootcrate. It's an obscure character that mainly only die hard fans will want. It's not essential at all.

I'll probably end up selling mine. While I love the Mirage stuff, I gave up on it years ago when it looked like Neca had given up as well. At this point, I'd much rather have an Archie series of figures. Those stories were always my favorite.

This is the perfect kind of character for their Lootcrate. It's an obscure character that mainly only die hard fans will want. It's not essential at all.

I'll probably end up selling mine. While I love the Mirage stuff, I gave up on it years ago when it looked like Neca had given up as well. At this point, I'd much rather have an Archie series of figures. Those stories were always my favorite.
    exactly. all the choices are great figures but not necessarily great retail figures.

However, it wasn't that Neca gave up. It was that Playmates pushed them out.
    cogito ergo doleo

Here's a good look at the Tokka and Rahzar toon set...

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...15395388657665

And, here is a video review of the Neca Danny Pennington figure... ugh, what a massive disappointment.

He is in an entirely different scale! He looks like a miniature version of the actual person when standing next to Casey or Mikey...
    Last edited by Ornclown; September 29, 2021 at 11:55pm.

And, here is a video review of the Neca Danny Pennington figure... ugh, what a massive disappointment.
    Yeah he looks just as bad as April. They really have not done any good humans from the movies with the exception of Shredder.

- - - Updated - - -

Got my Lootcrate with Danny in. He's rough. The arms are laughable but the detailing on the shirt and pants does look good. Undecided if I will sell him or keep him. The rest of the crate is OK. A set of coasters with the Mirage Turtles on one and Mirage Shredder on the other. These are really cool. Also a pin set of Casey and Ralph's heads. They're OK. Then you get a neon green long sleeve shirt. Pretty neat but the sizing on it seems a bit big.

I got a great deal on the NECA Chromedome figure.
    https://www.365games.co.uk/tv-and-mo...-action-figure

Looks like they are re-releasing April with better knees... because of course they are. I need to stop buying the first releases of neca figures. lol
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Looks like they are re-releasing April with better knees... because of course they are. I need to stop buying the first releases of neca figures. lol
    From the pictures I have seen, yes, the knees technically look better, but not by much. They remind me of the leg flap knees of the first Origins female figures

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    From the pictures I have seen, yes, the knees technically look better, but not by much. They remind me of the leg flap knees of the first Origins female figures

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Yeah better but still not great but def better.

I have no idea what it is about female and male knees and articulation that companies just can't get right when they have done them before and were fine.

The knee flap articulation companies have been doing is just weird and doesn't look right.
    cogito ergo doleo

The NECA Chromedome arrived today, and WOW, it is amazing.
    A big figure just short of 10" high.
    Very solid and quite heavy with great articulation.
    The best figure in the NECA TMNT line.