Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from NECA

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    That book was the first Mirage TMNT comics I got so that is why I like these designs more than the original NECA Mirage figures.
    It makes sense. We all gravitate to what brought us to a property. Hence why for so many people the cartoon is the definitive version. Or the movies.

I started with the 3rd print of #1 and 2nd print of #2 in early 85.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Don't fight it... they are good looking figures.

And, they could legitimately be called Eastman/Laird Turtles as well. I mean, just look at the cover of TMNT Book II:

https://d1466nnw0ex81e.cloudfront.ne...600/946871.jpg
    This is an Eastman penciled/Laird inked drawing.
    All the Mirage guys had their own unique look, but they were definitely much closer to one another stylistically around this period (say, issues 10-21). It's much easier to tell the various turtle artists apart in latter years. (Talbot isn't in the art below, but one can absolutely say the same about him)

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    so apparently there is now a blue Renet helmet in the case. I had hesitated to pre-order the red one because I somehow knew as soon as I did they'd make a proper blue one. Gonna wait and see what the deal there is before I order anything.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    so apparently there is now a blue Renet helmet in the case. I had hesitated to pre-order the red one because I somehow knew as soon as I did they'd make a proper blue one. Gonna wait and see what the deal there is before I order anything.
    The moment blue goes up for preorder, I'm canceling red. They shouldn't have pulled that trick to start with. When I first read your post, I briefly thought "Would I want blue AND red?" No. Honestly, I think I'd rather buy two blue (one for w/ and w/o helmet) than one blue and one red.

Edit:

Here's a shot of it from Pixel Dan's latest walkthrough:

blue renet.jpg
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; July 22, 2022 at 04:53pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    The moment blue goes up for preorder, I'm canceling red. They shouldn't have pulled that trick to start with. When I first read your post, I briefly thought "Would I want blue AND red?" No. Honestly, I think I'd rather buy two blue (one for w/ and w/o helmet) than one blue and one red.

Edit:

Here's a shot of it from Pixel Dan's latest walkthrough:

blue renet.jpg
    Same.

Found this on Twitter as well:

Vaughn Michael aka [email protected]
    I showed the figures to Jim Lawson last night & he loved them all but didnít understand why Renet was wearing brown & red. He said sheís always worn blue. I told him about the one single time IDW reprinted the comics & they changed so many colors. Iím very happy to see this option

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    It makes sense. We all gravitate to what brought us to a property. Hence why for so many people the cartoon is the definitive version. Or the movies.

I started with the 3rd print of #1 and 2nd print of #2 in early 85.
    The first TMNT comics I got were the Archie comics. Actually the first one was issue #1 of the UK comic which I still have in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    The moment blue goes up for preorder, I'm canceling red. They shouldn't have pulled that trick to start with.
    You, me and everyone else too.

I can't wait to see what Randy has to say about us on social media after that happens!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

You, me and everyone else too.

I can't wait to see what Randy has to say about us on social media after that happens!
    Not everyone, Iíll keep my red one as itís just a figure I like the look of, the colour doesnít mean anything to me.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Not everyone, Iíll keep my red one as itís just a figure I like the look of, the colour doesnít mean anything to me.
    I'm not that much bothered about the character so if I was to buy one I would be happy enough with either colour.

The problem is, this is how Renet first appeared in 1986:

So a lot of fans figured this is how she should have been released to begin with. It's part of her identity, just like Superman's costume... we wouldn't want a brown and red version of Superman -knowing that it is incorrect...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/comicgeeks/...g?t=1616256267

So a lot of fans figured this is how she should have been released to begin with. It's part of her identity, just like Superman's costume... we wouldn't want a brown and red version of Superman -knowing that it is incorrect...
    It's strange they did her red unless they were just using the IDW reprints. IDW also coloured Shredder blue instead of red.

I mean, it's not just how she first appeared, it's pretty much how she's always appeared except that one issue recolor.

Beyond that cover, she was blue in the First Publishing colored version of the same issue, she was blue on the cover of 47, she was blue in that packet of art prints that Mirage released back then, she was blue in the 2003 cartoon, blue in the 2012 cartoon, and blue in the IDW comics. She was even blue in the other recolors of Mirage and new covers for Mirage collections. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head; I'm sure there are other examples as well.

I feel the same way about the recolored Shredder/Foot Clan too: equally illegitimate.

The problem is, the first time I saw her was the figure that Neca showed, which to me looked good enough to buy, oh and if a brown and red version of Superman looked good enough to go on my shelf then Iíd want one

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    My Usagi and Neutrinos arrived today. I like that the Neutrinos come with stands since their feet are so small they'd have trouble keeping up otherwise especially Kala. Can't figure out how to attach Usagi's sheaths to him though. He does come with a cloth belt but it doesn't seem to hold tight enough.

EDIT: okay after fooling with it a bit more I think what you're supposed to do is stretch the small belt over his body down to his waist then tuck it under top ab joint to hold it tighter. still it's holding the sheaths to his side with tension only. A plug in peg might have been better.

Almost glad there's only a few left I want because I am really running out of room for everyone.
    Last edited by Lord_Of_Destruction; July 30, 2022 at 01:09am.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Neca is starting to run out of options with the cartoon series...

I think that their next best bet is to move over to the Archie Comics versions of the Turtles and surrounding characters. There is a lot of gold to mined over there!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I wish they would re-release their cartoon figures without all the black line work and cel shading/ shadowing.

The Shredder that came with the Stern Pinball set is great. Just wish it was proper colors.

I hate the black outlining and REALLY hate the two tone shading.
    Last edited by Grayskull Guardsman; August 2, 2022 at 08:48am.

Destroyer of Tough Stains Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I wish they would re-release their cartoon figures without all the black line work and cell shading/ shadowing.
    At this point I wouldn't rebuy them all (and with me constantly rethinking my collecting priorities, I may eventually sell off the figures that I have, but I'm not at that point yet), but I do agree that I would have preferred them without the black line work, etc.

Back when NECA first released the Arcade Game Turtles figures (and before the ever showed or announced actually making cartoon figures), I had come across images of the figures in the pic below, which are repaints someone did of the Arcade figures. And coincidentally, a few weeks back when doing a google search for NECA's TMNT figures, I happened to come across them again. In terms of the colors, these look SO much better in my opinion than the official NECA cartoon Turtles, because they don't have the black line work, etc.

I got Usagi and Neutrinos today and love them!!

Neca is starting to run out of options with the cartoon series...
    I said before that after the Neutrinos come out I feel personally that the line is complete. All of the essential characters have been done IMO and everything else is gray. I'll be buying the stuff they showed off at SDCC, including the dioramas, if I can get them but I won't stress over them at all. If they announced the line was dead tomorrow, I'd be fine with it quite honestly.

I still though want a new April.

I think that their next best bet is to move over to the Archie Comics versions of the Turtles and surrounding characters. There is a lot of gold to mined over there!
    I would believe that this is the plan. Less toon stuff and more Mirage and Archie stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

I still though want a new April.

I would believe that this is the plan. Less toon stuff and more Mirage and Archie stuff.
    Yes. I want a new April as well... with a new head sculpt and maybe just a tad bigger overall.

Hopefully, Neca will followup their Archie reveals from a while ago with more characters from that universe...

Just the Mutanimals alone would be awesome. I know we already saw a bunch of these, but the Archie designs are unique enough to double-dip.

Just the Mutanimals alone would be awesome. I know we already saw a bunch of these, but the Archie designs are unique enough to double-dip.
    I'll buy every Archie figure they put out. IMO it's the best incarnation of the franchise. I was an avid reader of that series in my youth and it was always my TMNT.

I think a lot of the Archie figures will fit right in with the toon line. I saw some photos with Ray with some toon figures and he looked great...which is a relief since toon Ray is garbage. I plan adding a lot of these in my toon display and also having a separate Archie display.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I really like these Turtles for some reason. I donít collect TMNT but would buy these 4 for sureÖ

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I'll buy every Archie figure they put out. IMO it's the best incarnation of the franchise. I was an avid reader of that series in my youth and it was always my TMNT.

I think a lot of the Archie figures will fit right in with the toon line. I saw some photos with Ray with some toon figures and he looked great...which is a relief since toon Ray is garbage. I plan adding a lot of these in my toon display and also having a separate Archie display.
    Yup... I feel that the Archie faction is the one that gets overlooked most often.

People associate the Archie comics with the 80s cartoon... but, although they were closely related, the Archie stuff was it's own unique universe. Especially later on in the Archie run, it completely separated itself from all other incarnations at the time.

I would love a series dedicated to the Archie designs... for me, the Turtles always looked so eye-catching and different from the other stuff. (With the branding designs being the closest - like the TMNT cereal box art...)

I would definitely want more Archie TMNT figures. I read lots of those growing up and still have most of my originals and the IDW reprints.
    Of all the Archie designs I would want a Raphael in his black suit and an Archie Shredder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I would definitely want more Archie TMNT figures. I read lots of those growing up and still have most of my originals and the IDW reprints.
    Of all the Archie designs I would want a Raphael in his black suit and an Archie Shredder.
    If I had to guess, I'd bet that Neca has already got "Ninja Suit" Raph in the works.

I really want Archie versions of all four of the brothers... they are a bit more exaggerated than the toon turtles, but less angular than the Mirage... they are somewhere in-between that just hits the spot for me.

(This is probably why I prefer the S.H. Figuarts TMNT over any other versions of the figures.)

So, I just watched the Mad Hatter review of the Secret of the Ooze 2-pack turtles.... and, I don't like them.

Their expressions look really goofy, which they did in SOTO as well, but I wanted a more serious look knowing that there is an accessory pack on the way.

Also, their brighter skin tone does not look as good (I think they did this so that the spots would be more apparent) and the brown on the belts looks too much like plastic instead of leather.

(Also, Mikey's "holsters" look really dumb.)

Here's hoping that Neca has some TMNT III turtles in the works!!