Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from NECA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    I'm sure I'd read they'd got moveable mouths.
    ironic if the do... since the source costumes really didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    These are really good. Question though - I see them with wide open and semi open mouths - are there 2 heads or do these mouths actually move? I donít see or read anywhere about extra heads?
    They don't come with extra heads (although they do have extra bandana accessories), so I am curious how the mouths move... is it a soft rubber? A hinged jaw?

The soft part scares me because of degradation...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    They look accurate to the source material and NECA did a great job with the sculpts and packaging etc...but I have no interest in these at all.
    Yeah. I was expecting some kind of Animated variant set of exclusive character not in the Target 2 packs.

I haven't bought a NECA figure in a long time. I was very disappointed with the quality. The pins in the joints were easily breakable, a problem shared with the old DC Direct figures. Has NECA's figures gotten any better? I could pass on the cartoon turtles but the movie figures are very tempting.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I haven't bought a NECA figure in a long time. I was very disappointed with the quality. The pins in the joints were easily breakable, a problem shared with the old DC Direct figures. Has NECA's figures gotten any better?
    It depends. Some figures have no problems while others still suffer. I know the Aliens figures had some really bad QC but as far as TMNT goes, I haven't heard of anything serious. Bebop had some ankle issues "supposedly" but mine has none.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Bebop had some ankle issues "supposedly" but mine has none.
    My biggest problem with Bebop is being unable to actually find the pack with him and Rocksteady.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    My biggest problem with Bebop is being unable to actually find the pack with him and Rocksteady.
    You need to make some friends overseas where they aren't exclusives.

So, it appears that these TMNT do, in fact, have hinged jaws!

It was just too hard to see in the original promo-pics.

Also, apparently, this set will only be available starting July 23rd at Target.com and at Target in-store. My question about this is, will Target have them actually - physically - in-stock next Thursday??

I'm sure that trying to purchase a set on the website will be a waste of time because Target doesn't prevent bots from buying like Neca's webstore does... so, I'm willing to go to Target next Thursday if they'll actually have them.

Otherwise... it looks like I'll be lining the pockets of some scalper in the near future...

image.jpg
    Iím not a massive turtle fan so Iím only occasionally dipping into this line but these will be getting opened shortly.

Hold on to your pepperoni!!!

Whoo-boy!! My wallet is already needing life-support...

Neca never fails to impress! These are going to be awesome additions!

I can't believe how deep this line is getting!

Awesome reveals. I just hope I can actually obtain them!

Awesome reveals. I just hope I can actually obtain them!
    This. Even my overseas friends are having a hard time getting them. NECA has completely dropped the ball with all their TMNT lines. If Randy doesn't fix this soon, lots of people will be jumping off this line including me. Collecting this line really isn't that fun any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    This. Even my overseas friends are having a hard time getting them. NECA has completely dropped the ball with all their TMNT lines. If Randy doesn't fix this soon, lots of people will be jumping off this line including me. Collecting this line really isn't that fun any more.
    For sure.

All I want is a Casey Jones to go with my Comic accurate collection, but I'm not paying 100+ for him.

Even the 50.00 retail for 2 figures at Target (if you could actually buy them) is way out of line.

Found my Casey Jones tonight in St. Louis. Actually a whole bunch of us found them in multiple locations. No Metalhead sightings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    Found my Casey Jones tonight in St. Louis. Actually a whole bunch of us found them in multiple locations. No Metalhead sightings yet.
    Congrats!

I went to 5 Targets over the last 2 days and found nothing. Three of them even had the NECA boxes in the back still sealed from NECA, and none had any TMNT items.

Wish me luck... I'm hitting up Target tomorrow in hopes of finding the SDCC Musical Mutagen Tour pack.

According to Neca, some stores should have already received stock of them.

They're supposed to be put out tomorrow to coincide with the online sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Wish me luck... I'm hitting up Target tomorrow in hopes of finding the SDCC Musical Mutagen Tour pack.

According to Neca, some stores should have already received stock of them.

They're supposed to be put out tomorrow to coincide with the online sale.
    Good luck!

Is it known what time the Tour figures are supposed to go up for sale on Target's site?

Is it known what time the Tour figures are supposed to go up for sale on Target's site?
    I've not heard. I'm really curious if this set is going to be obtainable. I've heard so many fans say "easy pass," but wondering if they're really going to stick to that in the end. Ultimately, I feel like this is going to be another lost cause, but I'll try like a fool anyway.

UPDATE - I just checked Neca's Facebook post about the SDCC release at Target, and it's supposed to be at 4PM Eastern time (adjust for your time zone accordingly). They said there is a limit of 1 per customer. We'll see how this goes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wayne-klops; July 23, 2020 at 08:42am.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Well, I stopped at two target stores shortly after opening, and they had nothing... an associate found a bunch of SDCC POP's in the back, but no new Neca stock.

He told me to check back later, which was fine because I had class until 12:30. I went back to the store and still nothing. He checked the UPC and assortment numbers and said nothing was scheduled to ship for until August 14th.

Since my class was a far distance from my house, I decided to check a couple more Targets on the way back home. Same story -zilch!

So, I figured I'd try my luck online (the sale was set to go live on Target.com at 2:00 pm local time) and logged on at 1:52pm... waited.... 2:00pm "sold out"... hit refresh.... "sold out"... hit refresh... "sold out" (I did this until 2:30 and figured they had been snapped up by bots.)

BUT, my troubles weren't all for naught. I did find the Casey Jones / Damaged Foot Soldier 2-pack and Metal Head (which I didn't even realize was a Target exclusive)!! So, I was pretty happy with that.

Sadly, when I checked eBay for the Musical Mutagen Tour 4-Pack, people were already hard at work listing them for 2, 3, and 4X the MSRP...

I mean, look at this!!!!!

Attachment 123209

...and people are PAYING it!!!!

Agh, it isn't fair to people who actually just want the toys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Well, I stopped at two target stores shortly after opening, and they had nothing... an associate found a bunch of SDCC POP's in the back, but no new Neca stock.

He told me to check back later, which was fine because I had class until 12:30. I went back to the store and still nothing. He checked the UPC and assortment numbers and said nothing was scheduled to ship for until August 14th.

Since my class was a far distance from my house, I decided to check a couple more Targets on the way back home. Same story -zilch!

So, I figured I'd try my luck online (the sale was set to go live on Target.com at 2:00 pm local time) and logged on at 1:52pm... waited.... 2:00pm "sold out"... hit refresh.... "sold out"... hit refresh... "sold out" (I did this until 2:30 and figured they had been snapped up by bots.)

BUT, my troubles weren't all for naught. I did find the Casey Jones / Damaged Foot Soldier 2-pack and Metal Head (which I didn't even realize was a Target exclusive)!! So, I was pretty happy with that.

Sadly, when I checked eBay for the Musical Mutagen Tour 4-Pack, people were already hard at work listing them for 2, 3, and 4X the MSRP...

I mean, look at this!!!!!

Attachment 123209

...and people are PAYING it!!!!

Agh, it isn't fair to people who actually just want the toys!!
    Actually, I found out a guy on the Technodrome forums was purposely putting insane bids on these listings with the intention of winning them and never paying the seller to get back at the scalpers for preventing the rest of us from getting a shot. Pretty genius in my opinion

CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Actually, I found out a guy on the Technodrome forums was purposely putting insane bids on these listings with the intention of winning them and never paying the seller to get back at the scalpers for preventing the rest of us from getting a shot. Pretty genius in my opinion

YES!!

Nice! I would love for that to happen... these "resellers" are predators who prey on actual fans and, worse, children who just want some cool toys!

I was out at Walmart on a lunch break looking for MOTU Origins, MOTWWEU, and the Funko MOTU stuff when I stumbled upon the NECA two packs of the turtles. I already had Michelangelo and Donatello but this was a more cost effective way to pick up Raphael and Leonardo even though I had to buy both sets. Wish I had found Raph and Casey Jones, though. Now I gotta find someone to trade or sell my duplicates too.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

That is awesome.

That guy is my hero!