Thread: Wanted: Help with selling some items from my collection that I no longer want

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

Wanted: Help with selling some items from my collection that I no longer want

I live in Virginia and have quite a few items I need helping selling. I have some medical reason that prevent me from driving for one. There are some loose figures, a few boxed items and some books/magazines/comics. My living situation makes it not very possible for me to do this myself. This is mostly to help make some space and a bit of pocket money. Would prefer an experienced seller. Would be willing to pay a commission on help with sales. Private Message me here on the .org for more details. I would prefer also the seller to be on a long time .org member. You would mainly be needed to help with the sales and some of the actual shipping. I have boxes but transportation options are limited for me. There are some medical reasons that make this difficult. I am also hoping for the help to be from Virginia or a nearby bordering state/city.

Moderators if this is not the right place for this or I accidentally violated the rules then please delete this and Private Message me the proper procedures.
    Last edited by griffen112182; January 28, 2020 at 10:59pm.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Quote Originally Posted by griffen112182 View Post
    I live in Virginia and have quite a few items I need helping selling. I have some medical reason that prevent me from driving for one. There are some loose figures, a few boxed items and some books/magazines/comics. My living situation makes it not very possible for me to do this myself. This is mostly to help make some space and a bit of pocket money. Would prefer an experienced seller. Would be willing to pay a commission on help with sales. Private Message me here on the .org for more details. I would prefer also the seller to be on a long time .org member. You would mainly be needed to help with the sales and some of the actual shipping. I have boxes but transportation options are limited for me. There are some medical reasons that make this difficult. I am also hoping for the help to be from Virginia or a nearby bordering state/city.

Moderators if this is not the right place for this or I accidentally violated the rules then please delete this and Private Message me the proper procedures.
    Bumping this post back to the top
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon

hey,

PM me, i offer consulting service on collectibles and can help you find your best route based on what you own.

Thanks
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Bumping this post back to the top
    I need physical help from someone in my state, Virginia, or a nearby State to complete this task. I need someone to help with order processing and get stuff to the post office. I can box stuff and carry it to the car but I am unable to drive. I have zero experience selling on Ebay, Amazon, or the .org marketplace, that is why I need an experienced seller. Again I will pay a commission for the help. North Carolina, D.C., and West Virginia are nearby states that help could come from. I don't want anyone going out of their way for this.

What I am mostly selling is in 3 large and 1 small plastic tub. Some is unopen stuff from Loot Crate, loose Spider-Man 1 (Tobey McGuire version) figures, some loose The Mask Animated Series figures, and some Happy Meal toys from McD's and a few other places some still in plastic that were made in the last couple of years.
    Last edited by griffen112182; April 24, 2020 at 07:41pm.

Please someone help me? Info in posts above. ^^^^

Heroic Warrior
    I know a guy in VA on fb. He might he able to help you. I'll see if I can get a link to him to see if he can assist you.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I know a guy in VA on fb. He might he able to help you. I'll see if I can get a link to him to see if he can assist you.

Okay that sounds cool. I am not on FB though but if he can contact me here that work also.

Please is there someone out there that can help me with this? This is not a joke.

Also on a separate note I have some loose MOTU 80's stuff that I might add to the pile. These are leftovers that were needed for parts or at the very least extras that I have on hand. Mostly figure but there are a few vehicles/beasts and the outer shell of an old Castle Grayskull. Also maybe 1 extra NA Slushead minus a lot of part as well, if I still have my little brothers one.

Doesn't USPS offer a service to pick up items for shipment directly from your door? If you've prepaid with the shipping label online, I mean. Pretty sure that's an option.

Honestly, if I were you I'd take some pics of what you've got available and post them here for everyone to see. If you've got stuff of value, many of the collectors here will be able to tell you right away whether it's worth anything. Particularly the He-Man stuff, but there's a number of folks who are knowledgeable about other lines, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Doesn't USPS offer a service to pick up items for shipment directly from your door? If you've prepaid with the shipping label online, I mean. Pretty sure that's an option.

Honestly, if I were you I'd take some pics of what you've got available and post them here for everyone to see. If you've got stuff of value, many of the collectors here will be able to tell you right away whether it's worth anything. Particularly the He-Man stuff, but there's a number of folks who are knowledgeable about other lines, as well.
    The issue isn't just shipping I need help selling the stuff as well. I don't know how to do ebay, PayPal or this marketplace. I know how to buy stuff not sell. Someone who can help with posting, photos, what the right price should be and how to pack the stuff to ship. I looked into consignment shops around here but they mostly deal in antique toys. I checked with some comic shops as well but didn't like the numbers I was getting and most don't do selling by proxy work. If it gets to close to my deadline I may have to rent out a small storage space and that is money out not in. I need some expert or at least semi-expert help.

I may try the photo idea and post some pics but I still need someone to back me up on this.

eBay is probably your best bet for getting a fair market price, or here on the .Org. If your stuff is from the '80s, it might fetch a decent price. If it's '90s or newer, might not get much for it yet. Ninja Turtles are just now starting to go up in value, but they probably still won't be worth a whole lot for another 5-10 years probably.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how to do ebay, PayPal or this marketplace.

eBay and here on the .Org people generally use PayPal, although you can sometimes work out other agreements about ways to pay. I believe all you need to open a PayPal account is a credit card.

To sell on the marketplace here, you mostly just need to post a picture of your item along with the description, then you and the buyer can work out the transaction in private messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    eBay is probably your best bet for getting a fair market price, or here on the .Org. If your stuff is from the '80s, it might fetch a decent price. If it's '90s or newer, might not get much for it yet. Ninja Turtles are just now starting to go up in value, but they probably still won't be worth a whole lot for another 5-10 years probably.

- - - Updated - - -

eBay and here on the .Org people generally use PayPal, although you can sometimes work out other agreements about ways to pay. I believe all you need to open a PayPal account is a credit card.

To sell on the marketplace here, you mostly just need to post a picture of your item along with the description, then you and the buyer can work out the transaction in private messages.
    This is why I am offering a commission to someone who can help me. Like I said I have some medical matters that make this a problem and I am NOT an EXPERIENCED seller.

This is why I am offering a commission to someone who can help me. Like I said I have some medical matters that make this a problem and I am NOT an EXPERIENCED seller.
    I am going to add pictures of some of what I need help selling. I just need to get it organized, I will be adding pics this weekend. Like I said I need help from an experienced seller who can help me with this.

I am going to add pictures of some of what I need help selling. I just need to get it organized, I will be adding pics this weekend. Like I said I need help from an experienced seller who can help me with this.
    If their are any moderators who can direct me toward some help that would be great. Still working on pics had some issues with the microwave that got in the way.

If their are any moderators who can direct me toward some help that would be great. Still working on pics had some issues with the microwave that got in the way.
    I'd love to be able to direct you to someone who can help but other than this request you've already made in this thread I'm not sure what else to suggest. Is there some kind of online community local to your state such as a forum or FB group that you could ask for help in?
    If you want to learn how to use ebay try their help/FAQ's section or watch some Youtube videos on how to sell on ebay.
    Here's its pretty much listing what items you have for sale in a thread then if anybody replies with interest then negotiate a price.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    I honestly would just make a fb account and sell it local pick up on the market place. Just know your values on the items and post see if any bites take place. Then have them come to your house to look the item over and buy. Or meet up. Just wear protection like a mask and such things since you're compromised.

I guess I will look into consignment shops again but I need help from an actual human because of some medical issues. If you know of any comic or consignment shops that could help me that would be great. Again I am in Virginia and really need the help and space.

Heroic Warrior
    What kind of medical issues do you have? Honestly the easiest way to sell your stuff and get the value you want for them.and that they deserve, fb market place is the best route. No fees no shipping no loss of time nor money also no traveling. You post pics with prices and they contact you. You tell them to come by and have a look. It's that simple. Using a comic shop, you might as well just give them to someone. They are cheapskates that want to pay little and sell for lots pretty much no different than a scalper. They are on the same level of scum in my book. Pawn shop what have you. Titles means nothing to me when the concept is the same. Anyway that's the only advice I can give you for your situation. This site don't have the traffic it once did much like all forums these days. They been replaced with fb groups. If you notice this place has the same like 15 people that post lol. By judging on that the community would be considered super tiny. Furoms are on their last breath and eventually will he forced to shut down cause at the end if the day there's one dude that pays to keep it running and there's only 6 members commenting lol its not worth it lol.