View Poll Results: Adult Collector Preferred Lines

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original Vintage (including PoP, and 80's stuff)

11 37.93%
  • Vintage New Adventures of He-Man

5 17.24%
  • 200x (including miniatures, Rotocast, McDonalds, etc)

6 20.69%
  • COMMEMORATIVE

2 6.90%
  • ALL MATTEL CLASSICS

20 68.97%
  • ALL SUPER7 CLASSICS

16 55.17%
  • Minis

4 13.79%
  • GIANTS

4 13.79%
  • NECA (STACTIONS and STATUES)

2 6.90%
  • PCS Collectibles Statues

0 0%
  • Sideshow Collectible Statues

1 3.45%
  • SUPER 7 5.5" VINTAGE Style "AS SEEN ON TV"

4 13.79%
  • SUPER 7 REACTION

4 13.79%
  • FUNKO POP

3 10.34%
  • FUNKO VYNL

3 10.34%
  • MONDO 1/6

6 20.69%
  • MEGACONSTRUX

12 41.38%
  • ORIGINS

12 41.38%
  • OTHERS / MEDIA

3 10.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Adult Collector Preferred Lines (2020 Poll)

Adult Collector Preferred Lines (2020 Poll)

Where is the interest of MOTU collectors pointing now?

The purpose of this poll is to measure the interest within orgers about collecting MOTU figures, scaled statues and other licensed products, and rating these lines in order of preference of Adult collectors and demand.

With the last news announcing the final releases of Classics, and the promising coming Mattel Origins line, let's see what is the current interest and taste in MOTU collectible figures lines/products in this forum. Vintage, old, used, new, Coming, pre-orders, projects, doesn't matter, just pick your line (or lines) of preference, or currently collecting (or wish to). If there is something missing in the lines, pick "Other" and specify it in a reply to this thread.
    Last edited by modulok02; January 28, 2020 at 09:26am.

Classics and only Classics. And I mean Classics proper, as in CC. As in, not CG.

edit: I get it, Classics is essentially dead (or "on hiatus", or whatever). Even so. I hold a silver of hope, a vigil, of sorts, for the return of MOTUC some day, to some extent. I don't care what source material it would pull from (movie, NA, etc, blah) - just make more Classics, and I'll buy them w/o hesitation.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; January 22, 2020 at 10:53am.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Mega Construx for me. That's all I'm buying now, anyway. I have a reasonable set of vintage and 200X figures, but I'm not adding to them, whereas I'm excited for more Mega Construx!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Classics. That's my true love.

I collect Mega Construx, but I'm not super excited by it. Just collecting it because it's something small that's MOTU and doesn't take up much space. I'll get Origins, but that's only because it's at retail and I won't be able to help myself. I also dabble in Reaction, but I'm certainly no completist with that particular line.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Only interested in Origins and vintage toys...and to a lesser extent Super 7's 5.5" figures.

Classics. Not interested in the Club Grayskull line, though I'd be happy if/when it comes back for those who do take to those figures.

I'll continue to pick up extra Classics for customs and army-building, though I doubt I'll ever bother getting many of the CG line, which I largely skipped. I'm excited for Origins and maaaaaybe some minis, but I'm passing on MCX.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Classics and Sideshow Statues are my bread and butter. The Sideshow Statues are the best, but pricey. Classics are nice and have the best selection.
    Load the spaceships with the rocket fuel!!!

My MOTU preference in order:

1) Vintage (including 80's stuff/comics)
    2) Classics Mattel
    3) Classics Super7
    4) Origins
    5) Mondo 1/6
    6) 200x & Neca Stactions
    7) Vintage NA
    8) Equal position/weight for: Giants, Minis, Megaconstrux, Super7 Vintage, and/or ReAction

I don't collect any of the other lines, but I'm glad for those who do. It's good to know that there is Motu for different tastes. (Sometimes is too much, like this new "SODA" line from Funko) but the fact that they keep considering MOTU for those diverse collectible lines (toys, adult figures, variants, exclusive editions, statues, glasses or whatever...) helps to keep this franchise alive. At the end of the day, we as MOTU fans regardless of our individual preferences and tastes, want this franchise to stay with us, and pass that interest on to next generations.
    Last edited by modulok02; January 28, 2020 at 10:50am.
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

Heroic Warrior
    I'm seventeen, so idk if I count as an adult collector, but I'll probably just stick to Origins and maybe some Classics for accessories and parts for Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I'm seventeen, so idk if I count as an adult collector, but I'll probably just stick to Origins and maybe some Classics for accessories and parts for Origins.
    Many of these adult collector lines specify in the box "for ages 14+, 15+, etc". Yes, you count.
    And viceversa: 40's ~50's count as kids, when we start buying Origins (toyline) and playing with them .

Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post
    ...we want this franchise to stay with us, and pass that interest on to next generations.
    You are proof of this point.

Welcome to the MOTU collecting journey!

Classics or bust for me.