Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minor things you hate...

Quote Originally Posted by Spikor1982 View Post
    • When people take up two parking spots.
    • When a car swerves around a right-lane turning car just to get 2 seconds ahead.
    • Ebay buyers giving me a long winded story about how they need this item but want it way cheaper/get it elsewhere cheaper.
    • People who think anything old is automatically cheesy.
    • When people instantly assume I LOVE the Big Bang Theory because I'm a nerd/collector. [secret: I don't!]
    • At the guitar shop and someone is playing riffs: Smoke on the Water, Sweet Child O Mine, Schism, Teen Spirit, Eruption.
    • When people describe music they like as "melodic" OR "it has a good beat".
    AMEN on the big bang theory thing ...

I work in construction so literally no one here likes anything nerdy. They all assume im a huge fan... and i am not
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; February 13, 2020 at 03:48pm.
    Check out by trade thread...looking to sell off parts

I work in the hospitality industry and went to great lengths to create automated replies with links etc for people who enquire about pricing and availability. I cannot stand the fact that those who enquire about it STILL respond AFTER getting the automated reply that they wanna know what a hotel room will cost!!! The irony is the hotel has soooo many different room types AND they don’t realize that the price depends on the date they wish to stay.... Do people ever really read properly?!?!?!

Master of New Adventures!
    Try to be patient and understand that there are still many people alive who are old school and prefer to speak with a live human and get the information from them. Hang in there. Twenty years or so from now and you won't have to deal with seniors like me any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    I work in the hospitality industry and went to great lengths to create automated replies with links etc for people who enquire about pricing and availability. I cannot stand the fact that those who enquire about it STILL respond AFTER getting the automated reply that they wanna know what a hotel room will cost!!! The irony is the hotel has soooo many different room types AND they don’t realize that the price depends on the date they wish to stay.... Do people ever really read properly?!?!?!

• When a car swerves around a right-lane turning car just to get 2 seconds ahead.
    • Ebay buyers giving me a long winded story about how they need this item but want it way cheaper/get it elsewhere cheaper.
    • When people instantly assume I LOVE the Big Bang Theory because I'm a nerd/collector. [secret: I don't!]
    • At the guitar shop and someone is playing riffs: Smoke on the Water, Sweet Child O Mine, Schism, Teen Spirit, Eruption.
    My man. If youíre even in NYC hit me up and Iíll buy you a drink. I donít like BBT either.

There are a lot of riffs that I find cringe at the music shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    AMEN on the big bang theory thing ...

I work in construction so literally no one here likes anything nerdy. They all assume im a huge fan... and i am not
    Yeah me too.

1. It's a lot better than people parking on Disable spot

2. You wouldn't want me to drive your car, friend.

Pass on 3/4

5. Prefer on people instantly assume I love D&D because I'm a nerd.

6. Glad those days are over thanks to YT. ; )

7. Give 'em Sex Pistol or AxCx

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Idiots who move out to the country and decide to let their dogs run loose without even trying to keep them on their property. How this doesn't qualify as animal abuse is beyond me, especially when you consider the big response from most large farm or ranch animals to something unfamiliar and wolf like is to stomp it into a pancake.

People who use a family member's handicap placard to park where they want. The idea is so the handicapped person themselves has an easier time, not so their kids or spouse can enjoy special status.

Ebay buyers who can't be bothered to read the description of an item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    1. When people younger than me, call me bud. I'M NOT YOUR SIX OLD NEPHEW!
    2. People standing in doorways talking, oblivious to everyone trying to get through.
    3. Flat brim hats and skinny jeans.
    4. People who discount things because it happened before they were born. I was born in 1978, but I'm down with the Beatles.

There are more, but as I look at this list I realize I am fast becoming my Grandpa...
    THIS oh so much. And when you walk through them, they act like you're the one being rude.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

One thing I noticed since we bought the house is that cat owners think it is OK to allow their cats to run around the neighborhood and cause havoc. If I let my dogs run people would be calling the police on me. Meanwhile there are freaking cats all over the place. 1.) I hate cats 2.) My hubby and son are allergic to them.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    1.) I hate cats.
    Yet you are 'IceyCat'?

Imo, cats are one step above reptiles.

One thing I noticed since we bought the house is that cat owners think it is OK to allow their cats to run around the neighborhood and cause havoc. If I let my dogs run people would be calling the police on me. Meanwhile there are freaking cats all over the place. 1.) I hate cats 2.) My hubby and son are allergic to them.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Yet you are 'IceyCat'?
    Ha! Those are my initials :P
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Maybe I should have used something more inpired and clever lol.

Oh. I see...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Maybe I should have used something more inpired and clever lol.
    Ha, me too! I usually go by Ice Empress, but I think it was taken or something when I tried to sign up. I cannot remember.

Video game trophies that require another person's participation to acquire, especially those of the "score this many wins against an online opponent" variety. Too many people are just willing to disconnect rather than have a lose recorded for themselves. This also includes trophies that require the benevolence of the random number god to obtain.

Heroic Warrior
    When you sell something on EBay via an auction, but the winning bidder doesn’t pay until days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Video game trophies that require another person's participation to acquire, especially those of the "score this many wins against an online opponent" variety. Too many people are just willing to disconnect rather than have a lose recorded for themselves. This also includes trophies that require the benevolence of the random number god to obtain.
    Yeah, I never get that type of achievements or trophies like that... while playing games and getting achievements on good progress is always encouraging but same like you, here's another video on "What not to put an achievement on your consoles"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAjAC3t_IOQ (Harsh language).

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    When you sell something on EBay via an auction, but the winning bidder doesn’t pay until days later.
    And when they don't pay at all and don't respond to multiple messages for over a week.

Heroic Warrior
    And when they don't pay at all and don't respond to multiple messages for over a week.
    That too...

I make it specific that I only give five business days for payment. If I need to do a three day turnaround for shipping stuff, they can log in and send me a payment in a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Yeah, I never get that type of achievements or trophies like that... while playing games and getting achievements on good progress is always encouraging but same like you, here's another video on "What not to put an achievement on your consoles"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAjAC3t_IOQ (Harsh language).
    I remember when trophies first started getting traction, people were against them precisely because they'd just start putting in stupid stuff that meant nothing or nigh impossible tasks nobody would want to do anyway.

I get one of my nice white dress shirts back from the dry cleaners and at lunch time I manage to drop a glob of spaghetti sauce on it. Sigh...

Heroic Warrior
    Life

Oh and people who jump queues

People who stand on escalators. They are the worst!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    But you are supposed to stand on those. If you are going to walk take the stairs

building with MCX bricks Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    [Makes a mental note] trap-grr hates when people stand on escalators. I should start getting into the habit of sitting down when riding 'em instead. Maybe I'll start a trend.
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    [Makes a mental note] trap-grr hates when people stand on escalators. I should start getting into the habit of sitting down when riding 'em instead. Maybe I'll start a trend.
    No you won't Buddy!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk