Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins news & reveals at Spielwarenmesse, Nuremberg 2020

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveFork View Post
    Any theories on when we'll start seeing online pre-orders for the Origins line (outside of the Power-Con exclusives)?
    Some Spanish online shops have them on pre-order already:

https://comicsbarcelona.com/#/dfclas...name=match_and

https://www.triguetech.es/categoria-.../?orderby=date

https://www.pixelatoy.com/en/309-mas...f-the-universe

https://www.tiendasaintseiya.com/en/5162-motu

In USA the MotU Origins line will be a Walmart exclusive in 2020 and launched at other retailers in 2021: https://twitter.com/PixelDan/status/1231946842461626369

But this strange list in the first post of this thread was a hoax.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Ohhh, I didn't realize they were exclusive to Wal-Mart at first. I don't look forward to that chase, but hopefully all the same figures will be available on a wider basis come next year. Thanks!

Figures are up for order in the UK on toysarama, I couldnít order he-man or battlecat yet but Iíve ordered scareglow, trap jaw, skeletor and man-e-faces for now.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Figures are up for order in the UK on toysarama, I couldnít order he-man or battlecat yet but Iíve ordered scareglow, trap jaw, skeletor and man-e-faces for now.
    I just looked at them, and christ, Scareglow looks awful. Like, why's he solid? Wasn't it stated early on that he was going to have a translucent gitd plastic like the Mega Construx figure? Also, wow. Man-At-Arms is a wave two character, wasn't expecting that.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I just looked at them, and christ, Scareglow looks awful. Like, why's he solid? Wasn't it stated early on that he was going to have a translucent gitd plastic like the Mega Construx figure? Also, wow. Man-At-Arms is a wave two character, wasn't expecting that.
    Gotta agree with you, Scareglow looks terrible. Trap Jaw looks awfully cheap too. I hope for the sake of Origins fans they end up looking better in person.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Like, why's he solid? Wasn't it stated early on that he was going to have a translucent gitd plastic like the Mega Construx figure?
    I believe Mattel stated the final production figure of Scareglow was to be cast in translucent plastic. All these sites are using photographs of prototypes.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    I believe Mattel stated the final production figure of Scareglow was to be cast in translucent plastic. All these sites are using photographs of prototypes.
    Okay, I really hope that's the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Gotta agree with you, Scareglow looks terrible. Trap Jaw looks awfully cheap too. I hope for the sake of Origins fans they end up looking better in person.
    Imo Trap Jaw isn't that bad. He looks almost zombie-ish with the eyes, and I don't mind it. Although, he needs some Eyebrows (which if he doesn't get before release, I will definitely be adding later on.

I'm also kinda miffed about Teela not having a sword, though. But again, that's easily fixed (Wonder Woman's sword from DC Primal Age should be perfect).

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    Found them on the site but there is no option to pre-order, just the product description and image. I'll keep checking.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Hopefully theyíll come back up at some point, Iíd like to order he-man and battle cat as well, it does say theyíre for release september/october, which might be a bit premature as well.

Heroic Warrior
    First bunch of figures went up for pre-order at a German online retailer (used them before, a bit slow but always got my stuff in the end) - 13,99€ per figure (over the suggested 18,99 at retail) is a pretty aggressive price, but they have done such pre-order discounts in the past with limited quantities.
    http://www.figureshop.de/epages/es12...IVERSE/Origins

Suffice it to say, ended up pre-ordering everything even tho I am not *super* interested in this line, but hard to go wrong at those prices...
    Last edited by Lasastard; June 3, 2020 at 10:17am.

They're on Amazon UK now. End of August release. I've managed to find Skeletor, Evil Lyn, Teela, Beastman and Battle-Cat on there. Haven't come across He-Man yet, though:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Uni...1194239&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Masters-Uni...1194297&sr=8-4

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Of all German online retailers, figureshop is the single one no one ever should recommend. Tons of collectors keep complaining to never get their stuff at all, and getting refunds was nigh-impossible. There's even reports of several legal problems. Outbidding all other shops is pretty much the only reason why they still get to do business.
    https://www.planeteternia.de/cgi-bin...=95883;Page=29
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    That is certainly a fair point; I can only speak from my personal experience here - but I will admit that I have not used them *a lot*, so may just have been lucky so far.

Have we seen packaged pics of Teela, etc. before? You can see them on that amazon.co.uk listing.

I can't find all of them on Amazon UK, here are packaged pictures:

Cool... thanks for the larger images! Those seem to be the same as what's on UK Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Cool... thanks for the larger images! Those seem to be the same as what's on UK Amazon.
    Yes they are the same ones, I took them from Amazon UK lol
    I can't find Man-At-Arms, He-Man, Stratos and the other ones...

I love these cards!

A huge wave of nostalgia just washed over me... I especially like the subtly altered artwork on the Battle-Cat package.

Good times!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Did they fix Skeletorís boots? It looks like it from the carded picture, but it might be a trick of perspective. The loose photos show the original boots, with the purple calf muscles.

Those look great. This line can't hit shelves soon enough.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Iím getting antsy. I wish at least another wave of the WWE line would hit soon; theyíve n riding us over.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Did they fix Skeletorís boots? It looks like it from the carded picture, but it might be a trick of perspective. The loose photos show the original boots, with the purple calf muscles.
    Yes, they are fixed. We got to see that in person at Nuremberg ToyFair, too.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    First bunch of figures went up for pre-order at a German online retailer (used them before, a bit slow but always got my stuff in the end) - 13,99Ä per figure (over the suggested 18,99 at retail) is a pretty aggressive price, but they have done such pre-order discounts in the past with limited quantities.
    http://www.figureshop.de/epages/es12...IVERSE/Origins

Suffice it to say, ended up pre-ordering everything even tho I am not *super* interested in this line, but hard to go wrong at those prices...
    Don't order at figureshop.de, it's known for multiple fraud and delayed shipments for months and years.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He-Man is now available on Amazon UK
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I wasn't a fan of the origins line to begin with. That said, on seeing the recent UK Amazon photos, I'm finding that I am now liking them quite a bit. Pre-ordered