Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins news & reveals at Spielwarenmesse, Nuremberg 2020

I'm stoked!!! Best Motu news in ages. I absolutely love the line ups. All my young family members fell immediately in love with my Motu vintage toys, there is no doubt that when Motu hits retail again, kids will go for the colourful, creative good old 'good Vs evil' action figures! The whole Motu figures/packaging/masters logo is like a magnet for kids. I remember how hooked I was on them immediately on my first sight.

BRILLIANT news regarding Castle Grayskull, the Motuc castle has the perfect size for the the 5" figures.
    I will buy everything double or triple even and guard some stuff for my future children

Thank you Mattel, I mean it from the heart.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Wave 4 Trap Jaw! Oh yeah! And I can't wait to see what they do with Roboto. The Club Grayskull Roboto from Super7 felt like it was phoned in. When I realized his gears do not spin when you twist his waist, I kind of cried a little inside. Not very "toyetic" guys. Mattel did an awesome job with the Roboto in the 80s, so here's hoping several decades of toy technology gives us a really cool one this time! Domo Arigato!

Quote Originally Posted by smeddie45 View Post
    First of all Iím excited by what Iíve seen in this list! But Iím going to show my newness to Mattel and toys releases, what would be the time frame of the six waves? Letís say this line starts hitting stores in September 2020, and they would the expectation be that waves 1 & 2 would be out before the end of the year with waves 3-6 hitting quarterly throughout 2021? Or am I just jumping ahead on this.
    From what I understand, Wave II will be hitting stores a year from now in February 2021. So the typical 4-6 months per wave seems applicable.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior
    Can anyone explain how mail in toys work? I'm too gen Z for that.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Sounds like we might end up with a scaled down Battle Ram and a MOTUC Wind Raider....so the sizes look to be a little all over the shop.

Can someone stick an Origins He-Man in a Classics Wind Raider so we can have a look at it?
    I don't have the MOTUC Wind Raider anymore, but it worked just fine with vintage figures.

Please keep in mind this is just a rumored list. I'm not saying that because I know something. Instead, I'm saying it because this could just as easily be a rumored list made up by someone.
    My advice is to remain optimistic, but cautiously optimistic.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if Man-E-Faces will have his extra weapons or not

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    From what I understand, Wave II will be hitting stores a year from now in February 2021. So the typical 4-6 months per wave seems applicable.
    I do hope you're wrong about that timeline, because we've already seen figures from wave 3 (Scareglow) and wave 4 (Trap Jaw). I have a hard time believing those waves are 18-24 months away and Mattel is showing nearly 3 years of products right now. I am hoping for a bit more of an accelerated release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I do hope you're wrong about that timeline, because we've already seen figures from wave 3 (Scareglow) and wave 4 (Trap Jaw). I have a hard time believing those waves are 18-24 months away and Mattel is showing nearly 3 years of products right now. I am hoping for a bit more of an accelerated release schedule.
    I agree. I feel like things will have to move quicker then that like quarterly wave so waves 1 in fall 2 in winter and by this time wave 3 is hitting that's the slowest it can go. If its slower all the reveals will be stale quick and the line will feel stagnant by power con 2021. " Hey guys same figures but wave 3 should be shipping now." I feel like the move would be Grayskull with Wave 2 as a Xmas item.

Wave 1 figures were shown 15 months ahead of launch. Wave III should be hitting around 16-17 months from now. Industry standard for Waves is 4-6 months. What part of that timeline is hard to believe?

Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Wave 1 figures were shown 15 months ahead of launch. Wave III should be hitting around 16-17 months from now. Industry standard for Waves is 4-6 months. What part of that timeline is hard to believe?

I have a hard time believing Mattel has shown 6 waves of figures right now and it will take them nearly 3 years for all those figures to be released. Without vehicles and repainted 2-packs there are only 25 figures listed in those 6 waves, many of which reuse a lot of parts. McFarlane just launched their new DC line with 11 figures and a vehicle right out of the gate. Hasbro cranks out well over 100 Marvel Legends each year, granted that product line is much more mature and popular.

Heroic Warrior
    I've been looking at the wrestling figures, and I noticed that the Man-E-Faces guy has a removable head. I wonder if we'll get alternative head drums/the Classics ones will be compatible. Also, I hope this means we can display Man-E-Faces like in that one UK comic where he has the normal head (I think the head from an Ozymandias figure would work).

Ive been collecting the Power Rangers Legacy Figures and Those have been dropping in Quaterly Waves. The wave is similar in size to these (3-4 figures) and it seems like there is way more new pieces in those waves. It just seems weird to Hype 3 years worth of a line so far in advance.

I have a hard time believing Mattel has shown 6 waves of figures right now and it will take them nearly 3 years for all those figures to be released. Without vehicles and repainted 2-packs there are only 25 figures listed in those 6 waves, many of which reuse a lot of parts. McFarlane just launched their new DC line with 11 figures and a vehicle right out of the gate. Hasbro cranks out well over 100 Marvel Legends each year, granted that product line is much more mature and popular.
    Probably what will happen is the first two waves of the figures and the first batch of vehicles/beasts will be released in the fall of this year, and the rest will be released through out of next year; every 3 months or so!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

First of all, Val has cautioned us on the validity of the list.

Second, if the list is accurate, I have 2 thoughts. 1 thought is that more than one series or wave will drop at a time. 3-4 figures on the pegs seems very lite for a budget line. Power rangers still has a budget line that releases quite a few figures. My second thought is Mattel is trying hard to say that they are in this for the long haul, look at all the stuff planned.

It does seem to go against the norm to announce that much at once though.
    Last edited by horseman1981; February 6, 2020 at 05:44pm.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Everything about that list sounds rad with the exception of Faker being a mail away. Generally having to go through extra hoops to get a figure is irritating and making my favorite one the pain in the butt to get would be kind of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post

TO be fair, they already have gone way against the norm by showing figures well over a year before they hit the pegs when they revealed the line back at SDCC last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    First of all, Val has cautioned us on the validity of the list.

Second, if the list is accurate, I have 2 thoughts. 1 thought is that more than one series or wave will drop at a time. 3-4 figures on the pegs seems very lite for a budget line. Power rangers still has a budget line that releases quite a few figures. My second thought is Mattel is trying hard to say that they are in this for the long haul, look at all the stuff planned.

The entire purpose behind waves is so that the retailer isn't inundated with more product than they can sell. Mattel dropping two waves simultaneously would be completely unprecedented and logistically suicidal.

3-6 figures per wave spaced out 3-4 months apart is industry standard for a line like this and I don't understand why anyone expects anything different. It's not Netflix, you aren't going to be able to binge purchase three waves this fall.

Let's look at WWEternia. Wave 1 dropped last fall. We're in February and Wave 2 hasn't dropped yet, and it's a hot line. I think it's safe to assume Origins will follow a similar schedule.

The entire purpose behind waves is so that the retailer isn't inundated with more product than they can sell. Mattel dropping two waves simultaneously would be completely unprecedented and logistically suicidal.

3-6 figures per wave spaced out 3-4 months apart is industry standard for a line like this and I don't understand why anyone expects anything different. It's not Netflix, you aren't going to be able to binge purchase three waves this fall.

Let's look at WWEternia. Wave 1 dropped last fall. We're in February and Wave 2 hasn't dropped yet, and it's a hot line. I think it's safe to assume Origins will follow a similar schedule.
    I did say they were thoughts.

Wwe is very popular. I don’t see 4 motu figures sitting on the pegs at Walmart as a viable future. Giving a large assortment at once would help turnover. When marvel sets are on clearance a month after release and Star Wars is all but deleted, I have little hope of this line having much of a future. How many kids are going to go nuts for evil lyn. Just like the motuc vs dc sets, once the hardcore fans get them, they rot on the shelves.

Either way we will have some clear view at toy fair....I hope. After all,mattel never messes up retail action figure lines, especially motu.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Wave 1 hit just before Christmas online (maybe earlier in some areas) It wasn’t widely available in stores until after Christmas. And I still wouldn’t call it widely available.

Widget
    I'm extremely excited about this news and am looking forward to their release. A member of a Australian Facebook group reached out to Matel and asked them about release in Australia, and it was good news. Australians will see them in retailers from October.

Although the discussion is leaning towards these waves being released quartelrry, I guess that;s not a bad thing when it comes to our wallets. For many of us I'm sure we will be buying more than one of each of these figures. Having 4 figures come out at a time allows us to save our money and buy the ones we want and how many we want.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayskullPrime View Post
    Australians will see them in retailers from October.
    Thanks for sharing! I haven't checked out the toys section of a local retailer in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    That's a really cool lineup if true. I really hope we get MOTUO in the UK. It would be so good to buy these off the shelves instead of online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I agree 100%. If these aren't available worldwide at retail it will be a real disappointment.
    I'm a little worried that with the Origins international releases (which we'll probably get in the UK) will get mini-comics with no speech bubbles like the WWE figures. Then I'll end up getting them from the US anyway just to have mini-comics with text.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I really hope that Big Bad Toy Store can end up getting these waves in. I really don't want to have to hunt down these figures when they are released.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I'm a little worried that with the Origins international releases (which we'll probably get in the UK) will get mini-comics with no speech bubbles like the WWE figures. Then I'll end up getting them from the US anyway just to have mini-comics with text.
    Considering the length and writing quality of those WWE figures comics I really couldn't care about getting comics with the Origins figures.

Heroic Warrior
    So I have a bunch of the vintage figures, most of the S7 "Filmation" figures and I really don't want more 5,5" figures on my shelves...but who am I kidding, these look amazing. Damn you Mattel.