Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins news & reveals at Spielwarenmesse, Nuremberg 2020

I’d really love to see the unreleased figures like Lord Grasp and the 3 prototype figures get brought into this line. I’m all in. I cherry picked the classics as I wasn’t a fan of the size, but I love the 5.5 scale and having added articulation is the best of both worlds. Also, I sold off my Castle Greyskull years ago when I was money strapped so I’m 100% in on the rerelease! I always felt it was more in scale to the 5.5 than it was to the 7”.
    [This space for rent. Inquire within.]

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless-Focus View Post
    Iíd really love to see the unreleased figures like Lord Grasp and the 3 prototype figures get brought into this line. Iím all in. I cherry picked the classics as I wasnít a fan of the size, but I love the 5.5 scale
    Same here. I would like to use this line to supplement my already complete American release vintage collection. Let's see Potog, and the 88 figures. Stuff that was supposed to come out in the 80s, but didn't make a cut. Also the laser figures and giants. Those things would really get me excited.
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Same here. I would like to use this line to supplement my already complete American release vintage collection. Let's see Potog, and the 88 figures. Stuff that was supposed to come out in the 80s, but didn't make a cut. Also the laser figures and giants. Those things would really get me excited.
    Recently, Mattel Origins social media pages showed a handful of Ed Watts' concept art for vehicles, including the Gigantisaur concept. This shows that they're at least aware of these prototypes if not willing to fit them in the line.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    The Classics Battle Ram is definitely too big for vintage scale figures.
    Definitely need vintage sized!
    Screenshot_20200207-161645_Instagram.jpg
    @thunder_punch_heman :Instagram
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    Any pics of him on the classics version?
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Court Magician
    That's a pretty exciting lineup. And it would be great to see them in stores. Though I have absolutely no interest in starting yet ANOTHER collection. Between the original vintage line, Classics, Club Grayskull and Super 7 Series, I can't justify having 5 versions of the same figure. As a Filmation fan, I was so happy to FINALLY have figures released in that version, only to have the lines end before all the figures could be released.
    My Movie and TV Filming Locations Blog: http://rtrlocations.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    So, does the Powercon reveal mean the leak was fake?

No I donít think so. Power Con exclusives were going to be their own thing and exclusive to their reveals of their choosing. They wouldnít be shown off at an overseas toy show. Maybe the German con has their own exclusive, that might have been shown there. Thereís been parts of the list sort of confirmed and some things seem hard to believe from it, like the amount of waves showcased. There was another person that chime in on more info about Grayskull so it could be legit. Another odd thing to consider is since the post got more notice, itís completely deleted from reddit. The other things is retailer exclusives usually are not presented at Toy fairs but not always the case. A good example is last year at NYTF, the Transformers Generations group had their showcase for the press which had a nice little battle diorama set up. A few hours before that though, a guy from Marvel was touring the booth and in his video background you could see the same table set up with the Walmart and Target exclusives, not the diorama. So that little goof was the only thing we saw of those figs til they were announced at SDCC if Iím not mistaken.

I have a few pics of the SDCC He-Man in various vehicles I grabbed from a YouTube vid. I think the guy was Orkoís Secret or something like that. It was an awesome and thorough review.

4A555E58-E63A-46E7-A538-9B25CAB4985D.jpeg

I still need to get that SDCC set......
    Gaping holes in my collection: Origins SDCC 2019 2 Pack, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Heroic Warrior
    Damn, He-Man looks good in that Wind Raider. Does anyone know if it can fit on the wrestling ring? I might get it to use as a landing platform.

Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    I have a few pics of the SDCC He-Man in various vehicles I grabbed from a YouTube vid. I think the guy was Orko’s Secret or something like that. It was an awesome and thorough review.

Whoo-Hoo!!

He-Man looks awesome in these vehicles!!

I am getting pumped for this line... it is touching all the right nostalgia notes for me while keeping up with modern toy articulation.

Can't wait!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

The vehicle size seems acceptable. I’m hopeful future origins vehicles can be used with classics.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hlinhk128 View Post
    No I don’t think so. Power Con exclusives were going to be their own thing and exclusive to their reveals of their choosing. They wouldn’t be shown off at an overseas toy show. Maybe the German con has their own exclusive, that might have been shown there. There’s been parts of the list sort of confirmed and some things seem hard to believe from it, like the amount of waves showcased. There was another person that chime in on more info about Grayskull so it could be legit. Another odd thing to consider is since the post got more notice, it’s completely deleted from reddit. The other things is retailer exclusives usually are not presented at Toy fairs but not always the case. A good example is last year at NYTF, the Transformers Generations group had their showcase for the press which had a nice little battle diorama set up. A few hours before that though, a guy from Marvel was touring the booth and in his video background you could see the same table set up with the Walmart and Target exclusives, not the diorama. So that little goof was the only thing we saw of those figs til they were announced at SDCC if I’m not mistaken.

I have a few pics of the SDCC He-Man in various vehicles I grabbed from a YouTube vid. I think the guy was Orko’s Secret or something like that. It was an awesome and thorough review.

Rad! Thanks for sharing that pic!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    The vehicle size seems acceptable. I’m hopeful future origins vehicles can be used with classics.
    If the rumours are true and Wind Raider and Castle Grayskull are repackaged/repurposed from MOTUC, this gives me hope that we might get something like Attak Trak in Origins that'll work with the Classics line! Fingers crossed!
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

If this line ends up in my local Smyths toy shop here in the UK I can see me getting them. I’ll leave CG tho as I’m lucky enough to own the classics one so they will still go well with that. The jail cell might even work better.

If this list IS accurate, some of the PowerCon exclusives could be in the store exclusive sets....
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

How long until we get a Mosquitor?
    [This space for rent. Inquire within.]

Again my big issue is that everyone wants motu widely available. Being that classics was subscription, and that it was tough for late comers to join in. Yet the very first showing of this line is a 2-pack that only those that pre-ordered,paid ahead and then signed in at comic con could obtain. Now it sits as an eBay exclusive for around $150-$200. The next showing is 6 power-con figures at $240 that can only be guaranteed if you attend power-con. That she-ra will sell out. So again they become eBay exclusives. Then most likely another sdcc 2 pack with the same hoops to jump through. That is rumored to be skeletor and keldor.

So by my count, by the time this line launches as a Walmart exclusive(good luck with that) 8 figures will have been released as eBay exclusives.

I’m sorry but to heck with that. I’m to damn old to play these games. I’ll pick up vehicles and playsets if they fit with classics but I’m out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless-Focus View Post
    How long until we get a Mosquitor?
    Let's see, he was originally released in 1986...so 2024

Court Magician
    I wonder if this line will make it to South Africa.

Leonard

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Yeah, I am only buying things that will mesh with Classics... like that Orko maybe.

Mattel should have made the heads be swappable between Classics and Origins.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Again my big issue is that everyone wants motu widely available. Being that classics was subscription, and that it was tough for late comers to join in. Yet the very first showing of this line is a 2-pack that only those that pre-ordered,paid ahead and then signed in at comic con could obtain. Now it sits as an eBay exclusive for around $150-$200. The next showing is 6 power-con figures at $240 that can only be guaranteed if you attend power-con. That she-ra will sell out. So again they become eBay exclusives. Then most likely another sdcc 2 pack with the same hoops to jump through. That is rumored to be skeletor and keldor.

So by my count, by the time this line launches as a Walmart exclusive(good luck with that) 8 figures will have been released as eBay exclusives.

I’m sorry but to heck with that. I’m to damn old to play these games. I’ll pick up vehicles and playsets if they fit with classics but I’m out.
    I'll get them because I'm a 5.5" line completist, but sometimes it really sucks being a MOTU fan. Compared to GI Joe or Thundercats, we seem to get the short end of the stick most often.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I'll get them because I'm a 5.5" line completist, but sometimes it really sucks being a MOTU fan. Compared to GI Joe or Thundercats, we seem to get the short end of the stick most often.
    I might argue that, overall, ThunderCats fans have been given a pretty short end as well...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Thundercats fans have had it a lot worse the MOTU and G.I. Joe fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Thundercats fans have had it a lot worse the MOTU and G.I. Joe fans.
    Compared to the type of hoops we've had to jump through and the sheer headache and money shelled out completing MOTUC and now Origins, I'd say Thundercats fans are lucky in comparison.

I once heard Keith Giffen say that MOTU fandom was the saltiest bunch of folks to please, but we were also the most faithful. Basically everyone that gets ahold of some facet of the franchise mines us for cash while riding the property until it dies, and we still keep coming back for punishment. I'd say that's pretty apt.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if we'll see a retail He-Man with a full power sword.

Court Magician
    When Origins was first announced I was only planning on grabbing Skeletor and Battle Cat if I ever saw them. Purely for nostalgic reasons. And maybe grab a couple for my kids if they showed any interest. I'm very happy with my Classics collection, and still have my vintage collection from when I was a kid.

But now, with teased Lords of Power Origins and rumours of Alcala minicomic retailer exclusive Origins, I'm glued to boards for more information! I was not expecting, nor have I budgeted, for Origins to be anything like this!

I'm even contemplating whether I can justify buying a third Castle Grayskull (yes... yes I can)!