Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 230

Thread: Castle Greyskull under construction

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    But I think there is a certain feeling of satisfaction that comes from a job well done. It's looking great!
    Hey thank you!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,838
    I can't wait to get this dio done so I can post pics. Found out I have one bottle of laguna. Can't get another bottle at all on line. But I might put in an order at Michaels on colors that are close and have them drop it off for 8 bucks. But I also need chains cause I'm not sure the chains I have in my supplies are the right scale for what I'm doing. And also need styrene but again. I need to pick that kind of stuff out in person so I can judge the thickness. Buying online don't seem logical. I'm clueless on the thickness gauges.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I can't wait to get this dio done so I can post pics. Found out I have one bottle of laguna. Can't get another bottle at all on line. But I might put in an order at Michaels on colors that are close and have them drop it off for 8 bucks. But I also need chains cause I'm not sure the chains I have in my supplies are the right scale for what I'm doing. And also need styrene but again. I need to pick that kind of stuff out in person so I can judge the thickness. Buying online don't seem logical. I'm clueless on the thickness gauges.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Iíve seen some nice chain in the aisle at Hobby Lobby where they carry all the supplies for making necklaces some of it looks like real chain only in the scale that would fit our figures


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    816
    jburnett1975 - out of curiosity, have you thought about doing some kind of fogging setup in and around the diorama when it's been done to add atmosphere to the piece? I reckon it would look really cool and give it a dangerous-savage-world vibe (not that I am saying you have to go for that "mood").

    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I can't wait to get this dio done so I can post pics. Found out I have one bottle of laguna. Can't get another bottle at all on line. But I might put in an order at Michaels on colors that are close and have them drop it off for 8 bucks. But I also need chains cause I'm not sure the chains I have in my supplies are the right scale for what I'm doing. And also need styrene but again. I need to pick that kind of stuff out in person so I can judge the thickness. Buying online don't seem logical. I'm clueless on the thickness gauges.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Your comment about chains reminded me of a video I recently watched - Al Figures' chains and cuffs tutorial. You may find it helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnuVRo8rNyA

  5. #80
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    jburnett1975 - out of curiosity, have you thought about doing some kind of fogging setup in and around the diorama when it's been done to add atmosphere to the piece? I reckon it would look really cool and give it a dangerous-savage-world vibe (not that I am saying you have to go for that "mood").



    Your comment about chains reminded me of a video I recently watched - Al Figures' chains and cuffs tutorial. You may find it helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnuVRo8rNyA
    I wonder if that could be done with cotton balls? Pulled real thin so that they arenít too white but kinda transparent


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #81
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    I wonder if that could be done with cotton balls? Pulled real thin so that they arenít too white but kinda transparent


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That could probably work and would be fairly easy to set up I think.

    I was thinking more of something like a fogger / mist maker. For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVQSEMknyg

    You can also check out a youtube channel called Lizard Landscapes, which has videos on how to make tabletop fountains, etc. that contains some info about foggers. But the video above is the shortest one I could find. I am not sure if that's a good brand / make, as I don't have any experience in this area but I thought it would look cool.

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior Drakken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Coral Gables, Florida
    Posts
    979
    Wow, that's just awesome!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    Iíve seen some nice chain in the aisle at Hobby Lobby where they carry all the supplies for making necklaces some of it looks like real chain only in the scale that would fit our figures


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I get my chains from the craft stores. But all my craft stores are curbside pick up so matching paints and looking for the correct scale of chain would be lots of wasted money. I still have chains in my supply box but haven't had the time to check the scales yet. So I might be OK on that but for some reason I think I wanted to go with a hair bigger links than the chains I have.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    jburnett1975 - out of curiosity, have you thought about doing some kind of fogging setup in and around the diorama when it's been done to add atmosphere to the piece? I reckon it would look really cool and give it a dangerous-savage-world vibe (not that I am saying you have to go for that "mood").



    Your comment about chains reminded me of a video I recently watched - Al Figures' chains and cuffs tutorial. You may find it helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnuVRo8rNyA
    I will watch this in a minute. Always love watching people ideas and then incorporating them with my ideas. Thanks

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

    I looked into a minature fogger for my granamyr diom but they were pricey. Inn this case with this dio, I wouldn't be able to house a fogger. This is basically a 4 ft x 3 ft bookshelf with a big plexiglass glass door. I don't have any pics on my phone to show. I had to delete for more room.

    Cotton balls pulled apart do make great smoke or fog for certain applications. But this is a grayskull dungeon dio. Like I'm making an image of what the dungeon could look like within the castle. Pretty much just gonna keep it a prisoner area and some torture devices. Then on the other side I'll have a wishing well is the best way to describe it. Probably make it as that's where the spirit of grayskull resides in. And might do a table with some small bottles filled with something for like an alchemy look. I'm just having fun with it. Came across small bottles and was like I'll add them for extra eye candy and detail.. as soon as I get this finished, no telling when that will be due to time, and supplies, but I'll post here to let you guys know so you can check it out.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

    I'm glad you made this thread. Great place for people like us that do Dios to come and chat though that wasn't the point of your post. But still cool to interact and talk about things we enjoy outside the action figure part.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  9. #84
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    That could probably work and would be fairly easy to set up I think.

    I was thinking more of something like a fogger / mist maker. For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVQSEMknyg

    You can also check out a youtube channel called Lizard Landscapes, which has videos on how to make tabletop fountains, etc. that contains some info about foggers. But the video above is the shortest one I could find. I am not sure if that's a good brand / make, as I don't have any experience in this area but I thought it would look cool.
    That is cool!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Yeah I get my chains from the craft stores. But all my craft stores are curbside pick up so matching paints and looking for the correct scale of chain would be lots of wasted money. I still have chains in my supply box but haven't had the time to check the scales yet. So I might be OK on that but for some reason I think I wanted to go with a hair bigger links than the chains I have.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    I see your point that would be a pain. The hobby lobby here finally opened back up bout a week ago. I was having withdrawals lol I get so many ideas when I go in there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #85
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    I see your point that would be a pain. The hobby lobby here finally opened back up bout a week ago. I was having withdrawals lol I get so many ideas when I go in there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously. Craft shops and hobby stores are like toys stores to an artist lol.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by unclassified; May 24, 2020 at 06:41am.

  11. #86
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Seriously. Craft shops and hobby stores are like toys totes to an artist lol.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    LOL thatís so true


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    https://youtu.be/n-JaQoEkoKk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    This is an earlier video of my torches in action


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    https://youtu.be/n-JaQoEkoKk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hah...video really shows how it looks great... nice.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Hah...video really shows how it looks great... nice.

    Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Thank you!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #89
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    This is an earlier video of my torches in action


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh is that the Infinite Corridor display you are using? It's such a smart idea.

    I've just subscribed to your channel, and can see some of your other videos - you got skillz!

  15. #90
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Oh is that the Infinite Corridor display you are using? It's such a smart idea.

    I've just subscribed to your channel, and can see some of your other videos - you got skillz!
    Thatís it. I too love the infinite corridor it just adds some realism or animation to the dio and thanks on the other stuff Iíve done. KITT and R2-D2 where my childhood heroís lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior skeletorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Taunton UK
    Posts
    464
    seriously great work here! I know how much time and effort these things take and im so super impressed . How easy was it to wire in the torches ?

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    seriously great work here! I know how much time and effort these things take and im so super impressed . How easy was it to wire in the torches ?
    Not bad at all and it plugs into an outlet. The funny thing is when you unplug them the donít just go off instantly they just kinda fade out like the candle is burning out lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    https://youtu.be/n-JaQoEkoKk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's dope man. Someone recommended them to.me last year for a project. I had no clue what he was talking about. Still don't have a clue. Do you have a link to them so I can see what they are?

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    That's dope man. Someone recommended them to.me last year for a project. I had no clue what he was talking about. Still don't have a clue. Do you have a link to them so I can see what they are?

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    https://youtu.be/qBp1XUFHfwQ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    This is the guy that inspired me to put an infinity mirror into my castle Grayskull


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    https://youtu.be/gk9CRfsgIME


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I thought this one with the bones and skulls was cool also


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #95
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    This is the guy that inspired me to put an infinity mirror into my castle Grayskull


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sucks that king of random dude passed away. I'm gonna checkout these videos now. Thanks.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  21. #96
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Sucks that king of random dude passed away. I'm gonna checkout these videos now. Thanks.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Sure does. Your welcome!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #97
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,838
    Man I been working on my duo for like 3 weeks maybe 4 and still far from being done lol. I can't wait til it's done so I can make a thread that goes unnoticed and only seen by like 2 people haha. Fb groups is where I get my love and respect from. I been posting wip pics in a motu thread on a Joe/toy site. There's like 2 guys in the thread only 1 is a motu collector but both love the work I do. Though this gate will be fixed shut, it actually was constructed to work. But for what I'm going for it has no point to swing open. But I'm all about detail and practicality.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

    Tapatalk won't let me post pics. I'll try later

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

    ..........

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

    Can't Can't see in the pic. But on the left side looking at it. There's a keyhole and it's made from the scare glow key. I have some stuff on its way to make casts. I'm gonna cast that key or a few and put tyem on a ring and they will be hung on the wall near the cell door. Makes sense since that's the key to grayskull. There's so much going on here lol. Far from done. This thing is 4 ft x 12 inch. It's made to slip in one of the shelves in one of the display cases I recently built. It will have a lot of cool things going on.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

    Here's the hinges and door stop /lock all rusted up.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  23. #98
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Dang man you been working hard but looks very good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Man I been working on my duo for like 3 weeks maybe 4 and still far from being done lol. I can't wait til it's done so I can make a thread that goes unnoticed and only seen by like 2 people haha. Fb groups is where I get my love and respect from. I been posting wip pics in a motu thread on a Joe/toy site. There's like 2 guys in the thread only 1 is a motu collector but both love the work I do. Though this gate will be fixed shut, it actually was constructed to work. But for what I'm going for it has no point to swing open. But I'm all about detail and practicality.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    LOL you sound like me. I put all that work into Castle Grayskulls jaw bridge detail both sides now Iím not sure If Iíd be able to shut it due to the castle teeth being so large


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    I got it to work but I had to remove 2 of the back teeth on the jaw Bridge


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior Iluvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    I got it to work but I had to remove 2 of the back teeth on the jaw Bridge

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's looking good!

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior jburnett1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Gladeville, Tennessee
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    It's looking good!
    Thank you


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •