Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Greyskull under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    But I think there is a certain feeling of satisfaction that comes from a job well done. It's looking great!
    Hey thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I can't wait to get this dio done so I can post pics. Found out I have one bottle of laguna. Can't get another bottle at all on line. But I might put in an order at Michaels on colors that are close and have them drop it off for 8 bucks. But I also need chains cause I'm not sure the chains I have in my supplies are the right scale for what I'm doing. And also need styrene but again. I need to pick that kind of stuff out in person so I can judge the thickness. Buying online don't seem logical. I'm clueless on the thickness gauges.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I can't wait to get this dio done so I can post pics. Found out I have one bottle of laguna. Can't get another bottle at all on line. But I might put in an order at Michaels on colors that are close and have them drop it off for 8 bucks. But I also need chains cause I'm not sure the chains I have in my supplies are the right scale for what I'm doing. And also need styrene but again. I need to pick that kind of stuff out in person so I can judge the thickness. Buying online don't seem logical. I'm clueless on the thickness gauges.

Iíve seen some nice chain in the aisle at Hobby Lobby where they carry all the supplies for making necklaces some of it looks like real chain only in the scale that would fit our figures

jburnett1975 - out of curiosity, have you thought about doing some kind of fogging setup in and around the diorama when it's been done to add atmosphere to the piece? I reckon it would look really cool and give it a dangerous-savage-world vibe (not that I am saying you have to go for that "mood").

Your comment about chains reminded me of a video I recently watched - Al Figures' chains and cuffs tutorial. You may find it helpful.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnuVRo8rNyA

jburnett1975 - out of curiosity, have you thought about doing some kind of fogging setup in and around the diorama when it's been done to add atmosphere to the piece? I reckon it would look really cool and give it a dangerous-savage-world vibe (not that I am saying you have to go for that "mood").

Your comment about chains reminded me of a video I recently watched - Al Figures' chains and cuffs tutorial. You may find it helpful.
    I wonder if that could be done with cotton balls? Pulled real thin so that they arenít too white but kinda transparent

Quote Originally Posted by jburnett1975 View Post
    I wonder if that could be done with cotton balls? Pulled real thin so that they arenít too white but kinda transparent

That could probably work and would be fairly easy to set up I think.

I was thinking more of something like a fogger / mist maker. For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVQSEMknyg

You can also check out a youtube channel called Lizard Landscapes, which has videos on how to make tabletop fountains, etc. that contains some info about foggers. But the video above is the shortest one I could find. I am not sure if that's a good brand / make, as I don't have any experience in this area but I thought it would look cool.

Wow, that's just awesome!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Iíve seen some nice chain in the aisle at Hobby Lobby where they carry all the supplies for making necklaces some of it looks like real chain only in the scale that would fit our figures

Yeah I get my chains from the craft stores. But all my craft stores are curbside pick up so matching paints and looking for the correct scale of chain would be lots of wasted money. I still have chains in my supply box but haven't had the time to check the scales yet. So I might be OK on that but for some reason I think I wanted to go with a hair bigger links than the chains I have.

I will watch this in a minute. Always love watching people ideas and then incorporating them with my ideas. Thanks

I looked into a minature fogger for my granamyr diom but they were pricey. Inn this case with this dio, I wouldn't be able to house a fogger. This is basically a 4 ft x 3 ft bookshelf with a big plexiglass glass door. I don't have any pics on my phone to show. I had to delete for more room.

Cotton balls pulled apart do make great smoke or fog for certain applications. But this is a grayskull dungeon dio. Like I'm making an image of what the dungeon could look like within the castle. Pretty much just gonna keep it a prisoner area and some torture devices. Then on the other side I'll have a wishing well is the best way to describe it. Probably make it as that's where the spirit of grayskull resides in. And might do a table with some small bottles filled with something for like an alchemy look. I'm just having fun with it. Came across small bottles and was like I'll add them for extra eye candy and detail.. as soon as I get this finished, no telling when that will be due to time, and supplies, but I'll post here to let you guys know so you can check it out.

I'm glad you made this thread. Great place for people like us that do Dios to come and chat though that wasn't the point of your post. But still cool to interact and talk about things we enjoy outside the action figure part.

That could probably work and would be fairly easy to set up I think.

I was thinking more of something like a fogger / mist maker. For example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVQSEMknyg

You can also check out a youtube channel called Lizard Landscapes, which has videos on how to make tabletop fountains, etc. that contains some info about foggers. But the video above is the shortest one I could find. I am not sure if that's a good brand / make, as I don't have any experience in this area but I thought it would look cool.
    That is cool!!!

Yeah I get my chains from the craft stores. But all my craft stores are curbside pick up so matching paints and looking for the correct scale of chain would be lots of wasted money. I still have chains in my supply box but haven't had the time to check the scales yet. So I might be OK on that but for some reason I think I wanted to go with a hair bigger links than the chains I have.

I see your point that would be a pain. The hobby lobby here finally opened back up bout a week ago. I was having withdrawals lol I get so many ideas when I go in there.

Heroic Warrior
    I see your point that would be a pain. The hobby lobby here finally opened back up bout a week ago. I was having withdrawals lol I get so many ideas when I go in there.

Seriously. Craft shops and hobby stores are like toys stores to an artist lol.

Last edited by unclassified; May 24, 2020 at 06:41am.

Seriously. Craft shops and hobby stores are like toys totes to an artist lol.

LOL thatís so true

https://youtu.be/n-JaQoEkoKk

This is an earlier video of my torches in action

Hah...video really shows how it looks great... nice.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Hah...video really shows how it looks great... nice.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Thank you!!

This is an earlier video of my torches in action

Oh is that the Infinite Corridor display you are using? It's such a smart idea.

I've just subscribed to your channel, and can see some of your other videos - you got skillz!

Oh is that the Infinite Corridor display you are using? It's such a smart idea.

I've just subscribed to your channel, and can see some of your other videos - you got skillz!
    Thatís it. I too love the infinite corridor it just adds some realism or animation to the dio and thanks on the other stuff Iíve done. KITT and R2-D2 where my childhood heroís lol

seriously great work here! I know how much time and effort these things take and im so super impressed . How easy was it to wire in the torches ?

Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    seriously great work here! I know how much time and effort these things take and im so super impressed . How easy was it to wire in the torches ?
    Not bad at all and it plugs into an outlet. The funny thing is when you unplug them the donít just go off instantly they just kinda fade out like the candle is burning out lol

Heroic Warrior

That's dope man. Someone recommended them to.me last year for a project. I had no clue what he was talking about. Still don't have a clue. Do you have a link to them so I can see what they are?

That's dope man. Someone recommended them to.me last year for a project. I had no clue what he was talking about. Still don't have a clue. Do you have a link to them so I can see what they are?

https://youtu.be/qBp1XUFHfwQ

This is the guy that inspired me to put an infinity mirror into my castle Grayskull

https://youtu.be/gk9CRfsgIME

I thought this one with the bones and skulls was cool also

Heroic Warrior
    This is the guy that inspired me to put an infinity mirror into my castle Grayskull

Sucks that king of random dude passed away. I'm gonna checkout these videos now. Thanks.

Sucks that king of random dude passed away. I'm gonna checkout these videos now. Thanks.

Sure does. Your welcome!

Heroic Warrior
    Man I been working on my duo for like 3 weeks maybe 4 and still far from being done lol. I can't wait til it's done so I can make a thread that goes unnoticed and only seen by like 2 people haha. Fb groups is where I get my love and respect from. I been posting wip pics in a motu thread on a Joe/toy site. There's like 2 guys in the thread only 1 is a motu collector but both love the work I do. Though this gate will be fixed shut, it actually was constructed to work. But for what I'm going for it has no point to swing open. But I'm all about detail and practicality.

Tapatalk won't let me post pics. I'll try later

Can't Can't see in the pic. But on the left side looking at it. There's a keyhole and it's made from the scare glow key. I have some stuff on its way to make casts. I'm gonna cast that key or a few and put tyem on a ring and they will be hung on the wall near the cell door. Makes sense since that's the key to grayskull. There's so much going on here lol. Far from done. This thing is 4 ft x 12 inch. It's made to slip in one of the shelves in one of the display cases I recently built. It will have a lot of cool things going on.

Here's the hinges and door stop /lock all rusted up.

Dang man you been working hard but looks very good!

Man I been working on my duo for like 3 weeks maybe 4 and still far from being done lol. I can't wait til it's done so I can make a thread that goes unnoticed and only seen by like 2 people haha. Fb groups is where I get my love and respect from. I been posting wip pics in a motu thread on a Joe/toy site. There's like 2 guys in the thread only 1 is a motu collector but both love the work I do. Though this gate will be fixed shut, it actually was constructed to work. But for what I'm going for it has no point to swing open. But I'm all about detail and practicality.

LOL you sound like me. I put all that work into Castle Grayskulls jaw bridge detail both sides now Iím not sure If Iíd be able to shut it due to the castle teeth being so large

I got it to work but I had to remove 2 of the back teeth on the jaw Bridge

I got it to work but I had to remove 2 of the back teeth on the jaw Bridge

It's looking good!

It's looking good!
    Thank you