View Poll Results: Should there be vintage vehicles in the new movie?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,that would be great

14 82.35%
  • No vehicles are not necessary

2 11.76%
  • Maybe I can't really see a need for them either way

1 5.88%

Thread: Vehicles in the new movie yes or no

Vehicles in the new movie yes or no

So I'm still excited to see how or when they're going to launch the Masters of the universe movie but what I really want to know is if they're going to include the classic vehicles like the Roton or the road Ripper or battle Ram Wind Raiders,Stridor/s Talon fighter those sort of things. This is just a little poll to see how the community feels about it.

Personally I think it would be great for the movie to include many of the classic vehicles and to go the route of Eternia having to recover from the last great wars and having many of the vehicles come from those generations. As to say they would have to ReDiscover them over the period of a few movies. I believe there should still be common vehicles found everywhere all over eternia but still have the rare occasion where you and go to say where the arachnid people would live and find Spydor the living mechanical monster hidden somewhere in a large cavern. I think it would add that layer to help make Eternia seem like that much bigger of a place
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

I guess vehicles are not necessary.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Heroic Warrior
    Anything you can add to make it less 'random space barbarian' and more identifiably 'HE-MAN' and I'm all in. There WILL be vehicles in the movie... Why NOT use recognizable ones? There WILL be a ton of characters... Use the REAL characters. This is a lot like Transformers and GIJoe... there are SOOOOOO many characters who have every specialty known to man covered... and whatever character you need, we HAVE an established character that would be perfect for it. Use every tool you have to make the PERFECT MOTU movie.

Honestly that's always been my problem with the original He-man movie. Too much Saurod and Gwildor's and not enough Trap-Jaws and Orkos. No battle cat, very little eternia... lot of generic space troopers... but nothing that said 'He-man!'

Worst thing to do is just reinvent the wheel and give us stuff that we know are placeholders for something different.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    I guess vehicles are not necessary.
    Why not? I'd say some vehicles such as the Sky Sled/Battle Ram or the Wind Raider are as iconic of the brand as any A-list character.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Why not? I'd say some vehicles such as the Sky Sled/Battle Ram or the Wind Raider are as iconic of the brand as any A-list character.
    I want it to have filmation wind raider and attack trak, I will be happy with that.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Vehicles are a must, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Vehicles are a must, IMO.
    I agree!

I don't think you need to have all of the vehicles but the main ones that are visually noticeable and will spark memories to the fans of the original toyline that have been gone for 30+ years.

Wind Raider
    Roton
    Attak-Trak
    Sky Sled (Possibly a Battle Ram in the distance)

Getting too deep may be a bit much for the first film.

I'm along with the "Why Not?" crowd. If the movie exists in anything resembling recognizable MOTU reality (which is to say not entirely designed from whole cloth) then vehicles exist in that world, and why not utilize some designs since they already exist? They do not even need to be featured prominently. Maybe a few, as per script requirements, but it would be quite satisfying to see some sky sleds flying by overhead, or a Stridor or more being utilized in the background or whatever.

Either way I think the script should dictate the needs of what appears so I dont want them forced in sort to speak. But unless the world is depicted very differently than I would expect (which it certainly could) some of them would fit in.

Caveat to this. If the movie design style is way outta MOTU familiarity then I dont really care about what is in it, since it would be entirely novel anyway, I'd rather not see something not immediately recognizable and be told that it is the battle ram or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Anything you can add to make it less 'random space barbarian' and more identifiably 'HE-MAN' and I'm all in. There WILL be vehicles in the movie... Why NOT use recognizable ones? There WILL be a ton of characters... Use the REAL characters. This is a lot like Transformers and GIJoe... there are SOOOOOO many characters who have every specialty known to man covered... and whatever character you need, we HAVE an established character that would be perfect for it. Use every tool you have to make the PERFECT MOTU movie.

Honestly that's always been my problem with the original He-man movie. Too much Saurod and Gwildor's and not enough Trap-Jaws and Orkos. No battle cat, very little eternia... lot of generic space troopers... but nothing that said 'He-man!'

Worst thing to do is just reinvent the wheel and give us stuff that we know are placeholders for something different.
    That's something I think the Marvel Movies have excelled at (often anyways). Example: I love Batroc the Leaper. He was in Captain America: Winter Soldier. Sure, he didnt look much like the character. Colors were right. He wasn't in it much. But instead of generic minor baddie, he was a real guy that some people, like myself, would appreciate being in there. References, background details, ect. There is such an enormity of source material tap into it, lean into it, and lay groundwork since clearly this is big multi-picture franchise they would be fools not to try to create.

Heck, I still am aching for them to bring back The Leader (hulk villain) since I love him and they dropped an origin in there for him. I dont expect it anymore and that is a huge shame BUT at least he was there to give me a thrill in that movie rather than just be some rando scientist.