Thread: Are we getting more vintage reaction figures soon or not?

Are we getting more vintage original figures soon or not?

I've bought about 6-7 of them and LOVE them these look like they would have fit in the vintage line back in the day.

Saying this are more coming and if so when? I haven't seen any more info about them?

And on a side note I got Shadow Weaver and she is awesome beats paying almost $400-500 for ONE custom figure from some place in Europe that was god awful too high...

Keep them coming S7!
    Last edited by Megalodon; February 6, 2020 at 10:09pm.

Heroic Warrior
    From what we've been told the last two are the Battlecat and Panthor sets.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    I must possess all, or I possess nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by aca1raven2002 View Post
    From what we've been told the last two are the Battlecat and Panthor sets.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    I know he said reaction figures but it sounds to me like he means the neo vintage (Original) style MOTU figures. ‘Expensive European customs’ sounds like the Lulu-Berlu stuff.

Megalodon, if you mean the original style MOTU figures from Super 7 those are done. Shadow Weaver/Evil-Seed wave was the final one.
    Last edited by whakojacko; February 6, 2020 at 09:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Megalodon, if you mean the original style MOTU figures from Super 7 those are done. Shadow Weaver/Evil-Seed wave was the final one.
    Why what happened?

‘Expensive European customs’ sounds like the Lulu-Berlu stuff.
    That's them only the rich could collect those figures....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Why what happened?
    Basically Mattel pulled the plug on them. Mattel is releasing their own line called Masters of the Universe Origins soon and Super 7’s Vintage style figures were probably deemed to be too similar to what Mattel wants to offer. The Origin figures will have a lot more articulation than the originals and Super 7’s vintage style figures but the basic overall look will be retained I suppose you could argue. Mattel doesn’t want too many similar products available at the same time as their own and Super 7 basically has to defer to Mattel in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    That's them only the rich could collect those figures....
    They look really nice too. I’d probably own every single one if they were about a tenth of the cost.
    Last edited by whakojacko; February 6, 2020 at 10:32pm.

Widget
    It seemed reaction motu was heading to a more filmation look to be less like origins, e.g. the horde figures were based on filmation to the toys I still hold out hope for more motu reaction, filmation look moss man, man e faces, roboto, whiplash, webster, two bad, fisto, tunglasher, hose nose, leech, horde trooper, etc would be fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Ausbot View Post
    It seemed reaction motu was heading to a more filmation look to be less like origins, e.g. the horde figures were based on filmation to the toys I still hold out hope for more motu reaction, filmation look moss man, man e faces, roboto, whiplash, webster, two bad, fisto, tunglasher, hose nose, leech, horde trooper, etc would be fantastic
    And more classic figures like Icer (was mentioned on back of Teela's card) and figures that never were made like the above mentioned as well as character's like Masque,Shokoti etc. like we got in Classics...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Basically Mattel pulled the plug on them. Mattel is releasing their own line called Masters of the Universe Origins soon and Super 7’s Vintage style figures were probably deemed to be too similar to what Mattel wants to offer. The Origin figures will have a lot more articulation than the originals and Super 7’s vintage style figures but the basic overall look will be retained I suppose you could argue. Mattel doesn’t want too many similar products available at the same time as their own and Super 7 basically has to defer to Mattel in this case.

They look really nice too. I’d probably own every single one if they were about a tenth of the cost.
    I hear you they had some cool figures but the price point was ridiculous....