Thread: Nostalgia is my jam!

Widget

Nostalgia is my jam!

Greetings and Salutations!

Grew up loving He-man, Transformers, Thundercats, Star Wars and TMNT and still have a love of all those things! And just like when I was a lot younger I am once again drawing the characters I remember. My goal is to draw every He-man action figure by the end of 2020! Still debating on whether I will be drawing battle damage He-man along with the normal He-man.

My current list has 69 figures in the original line. I also saw in the forum a list showing 71 or 72. Is there a consensus on this? If so would love the list!

Below is an example of a He-Man illustration. My style is all about keeping it simple and happy. Just like I remember childhood being! Anyways thank you for looking and pleasure to meet everyone here!

he-man_1100x.jpg

The first wave gallery!

On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, frooney!!

We're glad to have you join our site and we hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting and interacting on He-Man.org. And if you have any questions, you are welcome to send me a PM for more information.

If you want to buy and trade you will need to upgrade your account to have access to the Marketplace. Please click here and read the section entitled "What are the limitations for users with Gmail/AOL/Yahoo accounts?" for more information. For details on how the upgrading system works click here.

Hello!! Welcome to the community!! Very cool art, I can't wait to see the next wave!! Make sure to share your art in the Fan Creations section, we'd love to see it. We have the best He-Fans and She-Ravers around and as always, we have great ongoing MOTU and POP discussions, so feel free to join in the conversation!!

Enjoy your time here and welcome!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Welcome aboard! You should start a thread in the Fan Art section where you can showcase all of your illustrations!

Fun! I started a similar project last year, but I was just doing pencil drawings of each character. I started backwards chronologically, hoping that the promise of drawing He-Man and Skeletor at the very end would give me enough motivation to keep with it, but I think I got through Ninjor before I stopped. I hope you get much further than I do and complete the series!

Widget
    Think I might be the exact opposite! The more obscure the character the more interested I am in making it! You can always pick back up and start!

And I may do that! I mean, I scribbled at least one Teela and one Evil-Lyn on post its at work today, so...

Quote Originally Posted by frooney View Post

Grew up loving He-man, Transformers, Thundercats, Star Wars and TMNT and still have a love of all those things! And just like when I was a lot younger I am once again drawing the characters I remember. My goal is to draw every He-man action figure by the end of 2020! Still debating on whether I will be drawing battle damage He-man along with the normal He-man.

My current list has 69 figures in the original line. I also saw in the forum a list showing 71 or 72. Is there a consensus on this? If so would love the list!

Below is an example of a He-Man illustration. My style is all about keeping it simple and happy. Just like I remember childhood being! Anyways thank you for looking and pleasure to meet everyone here!

he-man_1100x.jpg

The first wave gallery!
    Awesome man, welcome to our belong forums
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

he-man_1100x.jpg

The first wave gallery!
    That piece of art is pretty epic. Have you done the other characters?

And if nostalgia is your jam, this forum will be your peanut butter!
    Last edited by Adam-X; February 21, 2020 at 05:08pm.

Widget
    @rank_and_vile Have you done anymore? Keep up the momentum!

@Adam-X - Working my way through and currently have 12 done - Check out the thread
    Last edited by frooney; February 25, 2020 at 02:21pm.

@rank_and_vile Have you done anymore? Keep up the momentum!

@Adam-X - Working my way through and currently have 12 done - Check out the thread
    I haven't! I've been working on 1,000 other projects. I'll make my way back around to MOTU eventually! Your series is coming along nicely, man. When do we get Evil-Lyn?

Done! I love those pieces!