Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTU Origins Man-E-Faces

It's ironic certain people, Super 7 fans especially, are complaining about Origins proportions when Classics had their issues with proportions and the Super 7 female figures had some of the worst proportions in the line.

I am loving this line.

For me, it's hitting all the right notes with the vintage "chunky " buck, yet with more articulation.

Yes, I am miffed that New Adventures was never completed in MOTUC, but at the same time, it feels nice to go back to these 5.5" vintage-styled RETAIL action figures.

I am looking forward to this new era in MOTU, what with the Netflix deals and Origins, it's a good time to be an old-school He-Fan!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Nope. The origins figure looks like 2 different figures put together. I think some of it is the articulated arms. The legs are way off on the origins figure. The legs look thinner than the arms. Perhaps it’s the pose, but I don’t think so.
    The legs on both vintage and Origins are thinner than the arms. The legs look slightly longer on origins though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It's ironic certain people, Super 7 fans especially, are complaining about Origins proportions when Classics had their issues with proportions and the Super 7 female figures had some of the worst proportions in the line.
    Dude, I’m trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    The legs on both vintage and Origins are thinner than the arms. The legs look slightly longer on origins though.
    The legs just look awful in that pic, in my opinion. Hopefully there are some org fans at toy fair and we can get some good shots.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I am loving this line.

For me, it's hitting all the right notes with the vintage "chunky " buck, yet with more articulation.

Yes, I am miffed that New Adventures was never completed in MOTUC, but at the same time, it feels nice to go back to these 5.5" vintage-styled RETAIL action figures.

I am looking forward to this new era in MOTU, what with the Netflix deals and Origins, it's a good time to be an old-school He-Fan!
    I completely agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, I’m trying.
    It's okay man, the comment was aimed at some of the more vocal Super 7 fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I am loving this line.

Same here! And who knows? Maybe we'll see some New Adventures characters get the 5.5 "chunky" treatment! That would be incredible...I'd go crazy for an Origins style NA He-Man and Skeletor!
    SKELETORTILLA...It's taco night at Snake Mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Yes. 5.5" scale. They'll be slightly larger due to the added articulation.
    Thanks. Too small then, I was hoping I could fill any holes in my Classics vehicles collection with these, should we get any. But at that scale they’d be too small.

Does anyone know when the Kofi Kingston (New Day) MEF from the MoU WWE line will come out? I'm really excited for these two figures and comparision pics of them

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I completely agree.

- - - Updated - - -

It's okay man, the comment was aimed at some of the more vocal Super 7 fans.
    Don't know if you can presume to know that fans are exclusively pro Super7. That's a huge presumption. I think it's safe to say many are fans of Super7 continuing Classics and Club Grayskull. That's not at all what you're projecting.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Don't know if you can presume to know that fans are exclusively pro Super7. That's a huge presumption. I think it's safe to say many are fans of Super7 continuing Classics and Club Grayskull. That's not at all what you're projecting.
    Not making any presumptions. There are some here that are extremely pro Super 7.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Still have Zero interest in Origins.

I want to go forward with Classics Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull not backwards with Origins.
    At one point I wanted Classics to die because Super7 could not make a decent figure for multiple waves. Their figures were in the D+ to F range. It seems these last few characters they finally were able to make decent figures (B+ to C-) and then Mattel tells them to not make any more. I would still rather have Mattel made figures (Like Horde Zombie He-man) as those are the best made figures(A+ to C-), but It seemed Super7 was at least getting to a level of ALMOST being worth the 35-45 dollar price point. Before they got their stuff together it was infuriating to think that people might have to pay that much money for a sub-par product with a very poor representation of loved characters. But it SEEMS that Super7 is actually getting this right after about 5 waves. We shall see how the rest of their Ultimates wave's turn out (I will assume that their ability to release figures on time will still be poor. Although I never really cared about that, just the quality of the figures.)

With this origins line, I was pretty interested at the outset. Mish-Mashing the figures with WWE seemed incredible, with amazing part swaps being possible. If they made vintage WWE wrestlers from the same era of the early 80's as MOTU it would be even more of an amazing nostalgia bomb.

The SDCC 2 pack of Adam and He-man was incredible. The Figures were a B+ and the Box was an A+. I was excited. Since then, almost every new reveal has looked to me to be in the C to F category for me. The WORST offender being the Teela/Evil-lyn mold. Say what you will about Mattel and Super7 having issues with the Female figures in classics, those Origins figures are BAAAD. I would say almost every figure shown for Origins so far looks worse to me than the vintage version. after 30+ years I expect the figures to look the same or better.

I will probably cherry pick some of these figures that actually look good to me. But to buy them just because they are MOTU even though they are not great figures is crazy considering how much vintage, 200x and the amazing spread of classics stuff I have. Most people would have to have a storage unit to keep all this stuff in if they bought it all, and would be almost impossible to display it all.

If they make the Vehicles scale with classics, I might buy some of those if they come out well. Really hoping for a Vintage Attak-Trak to go with Classics.

As it is now, I am really more into the Mega Construx line. Talk about a smaller footprint. And most of those figures look better at 1.5 inches than the Origins do at 5.5. I am looking at you Scareglow. If you are lucky enough to have a Construx Scareglow, just look at that figure real close, then look at the Origins version reveal photos. It is very striking.
    Although the contrux line isn't perfect to me (I don't really care for the Battlecat/Panthor sculpt, mostly the head) for the price, quality and aesthetic sculptwise it is much more appealing to me.

It is a crazy time to be a MOTU fan. Snake Mountain is on the way (fingers crossed it comes out great), all of the new media and so many new toys that you can be selective of what you want to buy. Could be worse.

By the way, in reference to the actual thread topic, I think the Man-e-Faces is a solid C. Some of it looks good but a lot of the proportions look bad. I had heard at one point that the Horsemen were helping with this line. I can't imagine they have had a hand in ALL of these sculpts and final decisions. They are way better than this.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; February 15, 2020 at 07:47pm.

Court Magician

MOTU Origins Man-E-Faces

Nope. The origins figure looks like 2 different figures put together. I think some of it is the articulated arms. The legs are way off on the origins figure. The legs look thinner than the arms. Perhaps it’s the pose, but I don’t think so.
    Are Origins not based on the looks and proportions of the vintage figures? If so, Man-E, Trap Jaw, Roboto, etc. will need smaller legs that are out of proportion with the upper body to have that vintage vibe. And so far, they’ve accomplished that:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they mute the colors somewhat. He's practically yellow.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I saw a tweet from the official MOTU account over the weekend, that this line will be available in the UK
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I saw a tweet from the official MOTU account over the weekend, that this line will be available in the UK
    That would be awesome.

It is a teaser of the Origin Castle Grayskull version on the back?
    I just compared with all Castle Grayskull toys existing and no one is looking like that...
    Check the size of the door, sculpts, details etc...

EDIT: So... looking better it is the Classics version, wrong alert lol
    Last edited by TOKYONEVER; February 17, 2020 at 11:00am.

Widget
    The only problem with this line in my opinion are the heads on he-man and skeletor. the extra vintage head on the SDCC was good, but why is bone heads mouth open!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by idunno86 View Post
    The only problem with this line in my opinion are the heads on he-man and skeletor. the extra vintage head on the SDCC was good, but why is bone heads mouth open!!
    He's yawning?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!