Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Man-E-Faces

Heroic Warrior

MOTU Origins Man-E-Faces

See video on Twitter
    See video on Instagram

It looks like we'll be able to remove the "helmet", so I hope this means more faces. Hopefully we'll get prototype inspired faces and the faces from the Classics version.

Cool, can't wait to get all this stuff in my hands. I'll be crossing my fingers for the Nuremberg list to be just 🐂💩 though.
    Try to see it my way,
    Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.
    While you see it your way
    There's a chance that we may fall apart before too long.
    We can work it out,
    We can work it out.

Heroic Warrior
    It looks it, as Man-E-Faces is getting a fall release, which probably isn't going to be wave three.

I wonder if this means we'll get the full eight back set at launch.

- - - Updated - - -

oop, I'm stupid and thought Man-E-Faces was eight back

Heroic Warrior
    Here we go, the first official re-use of a MOTU Classics part in the MOTU Origins line: Man-E-Faces' helmet. More re-use to come now, I'm sure.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Here we go, the first official re-use of a MOTU Classics part in the MOTU Origins line: Man-E-Faces' helmet. More re-use to come now, I'm sure.
    Are you sure? I don't own any Classics figures. And I would have been pre-pubescent when Man-E-Faces was released.
    But if it is, I may have to stock up on like custom head drums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Are you sure? I don't own any Classics figures. And I would have been pre-pubescent when Man-E-Faces was released.
    But if it is, I may have to stock up on like custom head drums.
    unnamed.jpg

99.9% certain it is.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the bottom of the helmet, now I'm not sure...hmmmm....might just be because it's painted on the Origins figure, but the bottom of the helmet does look a tad longer maybe...?

It will be interesting to compare this in-hand next to the Classics version.
    Last edited by abaddon; February 12, 2020 at 08:29pm.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

You can tell it’s not the Classics head. The Classics one is narrower, whereas the Origins one looks slightly fatter.

I like him but his legs look a bit thinner than what I've expected. But definitely he is one my top favorite MOTU characters and I can't wait to get him in hands when he's released.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

It is not the Classics head. Take a screenshot of the Origins head closeup in comparison to the example above, and you will clearly see they are not the same.

For example, look at the vertical ridges on the bottom of the helmet in between the 2 horizontal lines. On the Classics head, those ridges do not carry over into the bottom rectangular piece with the 2 small rivets and 1 large one. Compare that with the Origins head, where the ridges do carry over and overlap.

Now look at the sides of the helmet for Classics head. Notice the 2 rectangular pieces on each side of the helmet, the small one on top and the larger one on the bottom. Notice the small rivets on the bottom of said pieces, just above the larger rivet on the piece where the tubes connect. Now look at the Origins head, only 1 rivet where the tubes connect, and none above that.
    Last edited by Shecky; February 12, 2020 at 09:57pm.

I am so glad they painted the eyes white on the human face

unnamed.jpg

99.9% certain it is.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the bottom of the helmet, now I'm not sure...hmmmm....might just be because it's painted on the Origins figure, but the bottom of the helmet does look a tad longer maybe...?

It will be interesting to compare this in-hand next to the Classics version.
    They are different sculpts. The new one is shorter and doesn't have the extra detailed lines and the rivets on its bottom sides like the Classics version has!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Definitely not the Classics MEF helmet, but very likely the New Day helmet from WWEternia. https://www.wwe.com/inside/mattel/ga...s#fid-40381962

If it's being pushed up to Wave 1 then it's probably because the New Day figure is already in production.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Definitely not the Classics MEF helmet, but very likely the New Day helmet from WWEternia. https://www.wwe.com/inside/mattel/ga...s#fid-40381962

If it's being pushed up to Wave 1 then it's probably because the New Day figure is already in production.
    Actually, the New Day helmet might be the Classics version. Look at the example I posted above in regards to the rivets on the second rectangular piece (below the smaller one) on the sides of the helmet. The Classics version has those rivets, the Origins one does not.

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if that was a prototype and they're going to use the new Origins version for what we actually get.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post

Yeah, I knew the New Day one shared the same MEF Classics helmet...but yeah, looks like I was wrong about the Origins one!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    They are different sculpts. The new one is shorter and doesn't have the extra detailed lines and the rivets on its bottom sides like the Classics version has!
    Good eye! I need to go to my optometrist for a check up, apparently!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    It is not the Classics head. Take a screenshot of the Origins head closeup in comparison to the example above, and you will clearly see they are not the same.

For example, look at the vertical ridges on the bottom of the helmet in between the 2 horizontal lines. On the Classics head, those ridges do not carry over into the bottom rectangular piece with the 2 small rivets and 1 large one. Compare that with the Origins head, where the ridges do carry over and overlap.

Now look at the sides of the helmet for Classics head. Notice the 2 rectangular pieces on each side of the helmet, the small one on top and the larger one on the bottom. Notice the small rivets on the bottom of said pieces, just above the larger rivet on the piece where the tubes connect. Now look at the Origins head, only 1 rivet where the tubes connect, and none above that.
    Thanks for explaining that! No Classics re-use in this line just yet then!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    You can tell it’s not the Classics head. The Classics one is narrower, whereas the Origins one looks slightly fatter.
    Gotcha!

I know others have made mention of it before, but I hadn't noticed it until the Man-E-Faces reveal... the arms do seem a little ape-ishly long, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I know others have made mention of it before, but I hadn't noticed it until the Man-E-Faces reveal... the arms do seem a little ape-ishly long, don't they?
    Yeah, that's true of most of the vintage figures. It's harder to tell with them because you can't straighten out the arms.

Wow amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Yeah, that's true of most of the vintage figures. It's harder to tell with them because you can't straighten out the arms.
    That makes sense, actually!
    I have my fingers crossed that Mattel will pack in all the brown "Man-E-Weapons" in with him like back in the day.

This line is not for YOU exclusively, but also for new generations to enjoy the awesomeness of Motu in their youth as we did when we were young.
    Young kids deserve to have an epic 'good Vs evil' line like Motu. It's important that Motu lives on with another generation besides ours, or else there won't be anything Motu related in a short time.
    Let kids enjoy the goodness of the 80's like we did. Don't be selfish with unreasonable arguments. (Man-E-Faces looks gorgeous and definitely not a Motuc copy'. Let me add, the more the origins line look like the vintage, the better they will be! That's the design we all fell in love with)

Hopefully the Nurnberg list is true! Everything in the list sounds perfect!
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

MEF looks pretty cool. I wonder how many waves might be available at launch. If Mattel is really pushing the brand and this line in particular as we keep hearing/reading, then it's possible he is in Wave Three and will still be available at launch or soon after.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Hopefully the Nurnberg list is true! Everything in the list sounds perfect!
    I partially agree with you, the figures are looking great, the selection of the characters sounds great, the vehicles and the Grayskull castle also sound great, the only thing that doesn't sound so great to me is the way they are supposed to sell some of those items (Mail-away Faker).
    Try to see it my way,
    Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.
    While you see it your way
    There's a chance that we may fall apart before too long.
    We can work it out,
    We can work it out.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    That makes sense, actually!
    I have my fingers crossed that Mattel will pack in all the brown "Man-E-Weapons" in with him like back in the day.
    Hear! hear! I kinda want to see what his accessories will look like. I wish they gave us a full view of him equipped.

Still have Zero interest in Origins.

I want to go forward with Classics Collectors Choice and Club Grayskull not backwards with Origins.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.