Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonic the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And that trash Harley Quinn Birds Of Prey film.....
    It was enjoyable... I hope the damn game would live up to the movie.... or release a game based on the movie like Sonic 2006

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Heroic Warrior
    I really enjoyed the movie, I will try to see it again when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    It was enjoyable... I hope the damn game would live up to the movie.... or release a game based on the movie like Sonic 2006
    I saw a version of the Birds Of Prey...bad movie and Sonic was fun and made WAY more money

I just wish people will see that DC needs a team like Marvel Studios has to make better decisions on their properties otherwise your going to see this trend continue....

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I think that's part of the reason everyone is so shocked. Now Sega just needs to not go nuts, like trying to release a movie accurate reboot of Sonic 1.
    Also I heard thanks to Sonic's success, there's going to be a good Super Mario movie.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

My kiddo and wife went to see this Monday; they really enjoyed it.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

A buddy of mine and his writing partner co-wrote this movie, so I'm thrilled its so wildly exceeding expectations.

They've written a number of other things before, but this is their first rally legit hit, and its already life-changing for them.

I love when good things happen to good people.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    A buddy of mine and his writing partner co-wrote this movie, so I'm thrilled its so wildly exceeding expectations.

They've written a number of other things before, but this is their first rally legit hit, and its already life-changing for them.

I love when good things happen to good people.
    Nice, hopefully that he and his buddy would team up again for Super Mario movie..... I like the original movie, it was cheesy but still a cult classic.

There's already some positing online about how Shadow could enter the series, but I'm hoping they save him for a third movie. They already have enough lore to unpack.
    Yup and hear Tails will be in the sequel and hope they get Knuckles and Rouge (Rarrrrr) in a sequel too.

Been a Sonic fan since i collected issue one of the comics at age 11 and got my Genesis for my birthday at age 12 even watched/taped Sonic SatAM at age 12.

I was surprised by this movie as it with Detective Pikachu has proven game films can be good like Silent Hill and Street Fighter 2 the animated movie and enjoyable like Mortal Kombat.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Me and my daughter loved it! According to her it was "Epic." We went and saw it on Monday and both had a blast. It was fun and had some great action scenes. It was also very kid friendly while not being dumbed down. Lots of cool little throwbacks to the games, too.

Detective Pikachu was one of my favorite movies of last year and this hit a lot of similar beats, but in a good way. Having been disappointed by a number of video game movies as a kid (though I still love Street Fighter and will defend that film for the rest of my life) it's great to see some quality films out there.

I'm also way, way excited about

Tails showing up at the end and Jim Carry transforming into full on crazy Dr. Robotnik
    . Good stuff!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Me and my daughter loved it! According to her it was "Epic." We went and saw it on Monday and both had a blast. It was fun and had some great action scenes. It was also very kid friendly while not being dumbed down. Lots of cool little throwbacks to the games, too.

Detective Pikachu was one of my favorite movies of last year and this hit a lot of similar beats, but in a good way. Having been disappointed by a number of video game movies as a kid (though I still love Street Fighter and will defend that film for the rest of my life) it's great to see some quality films out there.

I'm also way, way excited about . Good stuff!
    Seen the animated Street Fighter 2 movie? better than the live action film
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I saw this last night with my sister and her boyfriend. It was pretty good! We all agreed on that. It wasn't ground-breaking or anything, but while it did take a few liberties here and there, overall it was pretty faithful to the source material (certainly more so than most other video game based movies). Given the mid-credits teasers, I'm looking forward to a sequel, so long as they can at least maintain (if not surpass) the quality of this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Yup and hear Tails will be in the sequel and hope they get Knuckles and Rouge (Rarrrrr) in a sequel too.

Been a Sonic fan since i collected issue one of the comics at age 11 and got my Genesis for my birthday at age 12 even watched/taped Sonic SatAM at age 12.

I was surprised by this movie as it with Detective Pikachu has proven game films can be good like Silent Hill and Street Fighter 2 the animated movie and enjoyable like Mortal Kombat.
    For me it all started with Sonic 2. If a sequel occurs, Tails will definitely be there, Paramount would have a riot on their hands if they omitted him at this point. I kinda wonder if they'll play with his origins a bit (such as they are).

I am glad Sega loosened up on their moratorium on Sonic showing emotions again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Also I heard thanks to Sonic's success, there's going to be a good Super Mario movie.
    Hadn't heard they were making a new Super Mario movie.

Has anyone seen any Sonic The Movie tie in books out? Like what they usually release with new films?
    Last edited by Asher Tye; February 20, 2020 at 12:49pm.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Hadn't heard they were making a new Super Mario movie.

Has anyone seen any Sonic The Movie tie in books out? Like what they usually release with new films?
    They can start a proposal towards Nintendo then, I'm sure with the success of the movie and Detective Pikachu. Nintendo going to spark an idea and consider to make a franchise from the company.... maybe not Mario but I'm hoping they could get treatment for The Legend of Zelda.

I finally got around to seeing Sonic today, and I am really impressed!!

With the exception of all the ad placements, Sonic is a solid first outing for the Blue Blur... the story is paced well, touching and funny at all the right times.

I walked out of the theater with a big smile on my face and dreaming of all the possible routes the inevitable sequel can take!

One of my personal favorite moments was the "X-Men Quicksilver" scene in the bar. It was pretty awesome! Also, I LOVED the opening "SEGA" credit crawl, composed of images from Sega's other big franchises...

Stay for the credits!!!

Also, here is some reassuring news concerning the Super Mario Bros. movie coming in 2022:

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/h...r-mario-movie/
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

So now it seems that Dwayne Johnson is being considered to play Knuckles in Sonic 2 if it's made. Not sure how I feel about that. I like Rock, and I think his voice would sound good for Knuckles, but I fear him trying to make Knux's character act like Maui.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

So now it seems that Dwayne Johnson is being considered to play Knuckles in Sonic 2 if it's made. Not sure how I feel about that. I like Rock, and I think his voice would sound good for Knuckles, but I fear him trying to make Knux's character act like Maui.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that.

The Rock has a pretty wide range of voice-over personas... he would definitely be a big draw for the sequel. I just hope Knuckles (if he appears in the sequel) keeps his video game attitude.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I hope it keeps making money, I want a sequel.

The only Super Mario Bros movie I have heard about coming out in the near future is an animated one done by Illumination.