Thread: DOOM Eternal

Heroic Warrior

DOOM Eternal

I just beat it, and it was great. Like, it absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. I didn't like Doom 2016 very much, as I felt it took itself way too seriously and was trying to be darker than Doom really can be. This one embraced the campiness of Doom. The movement and gameplay were great, as well as the art direction.

Also, I watched an interview, and apparently Hugo Martin, the creative director for the game, is a big MOTU fan (he says Doomguy holding his crucible aloft was based on the Filmation He-Man transformation, as well as things being based on pieces of MOTU art). So I think it's safe to assume he's on here. If you reading this happen to be Hugo, I just want to say thank you and that you did a wonderful job.

Well done, BooperScoop!
    Actually the main character's name is Doom Slayer, not Doomguy. The final boss himself, the Icon of Sin, comes with a body this time.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Well done, BooperScoop!
    Actually the main character's name is Doom Slayer, not Doomguy. The final boss himself, the Icon of Sin, comes with a body this time.
    Not until DOOM 2016 was he ever known as the Doom Slayer.

Going all the way back to Doom 1993, the protagonist was dubbed Doomguy by the fan community, and John Carmack himself accepted it.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!