Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 96

Thread: Sonic the Movie

  1. #26
    Not my Tempo Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    And that trash Harley Quinn Birds Of Prey film.....
    It was enjoyable... I hope the damn game would live up to the movie.... or release a game based on the movie like Sonic 2006

    Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, USA
    Posts
    729
    I really enjoyed the movie, I will try to see it again when I can.

  3. #28
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    It was enjoyable... I hope the damn game would live up to the movie.... or release a game based on the movie like Sonic 2006
    I saw a version of the Birds Of Prey...bad movie and Sonic was fun and made WAY more money

    I just wish people will see that DC needs a team like Marvel Studios has to make better decisions on their properties otherwise your going to see this trend continue....

  4. #29
    Not my Tempo Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I think that's part of the reason everyone is so shocked. Now Sega just needs to not go nuts, like trying to release a movie accurate reboot of Sonic 1.
    Also I heard thanks to Sonic's success, there's going to be a good Super Mario movie.

    Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

  5. #30
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,457
    My kiddo and wife went to see this Monday; they really enjoyed it.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  6. #31
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,468
    A buddy of mine and his writing partner co-wrote this movie, so I'm thrilled its so wildly exceeding expectations.

    They've written a number of other things before, but this is their first rally legit hit, and its already life-changing for them.

    I love when good things happen to good people.

  7. #32
    Not my Tempo Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    A buddy of mine and his writing partner co-wrote this movie, so I'm thrilled its so wildly exceeding expectations.

    They've written a number of other things before, but this is their first rally legit hit, and its already life-changing for them.

    I love when good things happen to good people.
    Nice, hopefully that he and his buddy would team up again for Super Mario movie..... I like the original movie, it was cheesy but still a cult classic.

    Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Ana, California
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    There's already some positing online about how Shadow could enter the series, but I'm hoping they save him for a third movie. They already have enough lore to unpack.
    Yup and hear Tails will be in the sequel and hope they get Knuckles and Rouge (Rarrrrr) in a sequel too.

    Been a Sonic fan since i collected issue one of the comics at age 11 and got my Genesis for my birthday at age 12 even watched/taped Sonic SatAM at age 12.

    I was surprised by this movie as it with Detective Pikachu has proven game films can be good like Silent Hill and Street Fighter 2 the animated movie and enjoyable like Mortal Kombat.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

  9. #34
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,730
    Me and my daughter loved it! According to her it was "Epic." We went and saw it on Monday and both had a blast. It was fun and had some great action scenes. It was also very kid friendly while not being dumbed down. Lots of cool little throwbacks to the games, too.

    Detective Pikachu was one of my favorite movies of last year and this hit a lot of similar beats, but in a good way. Having been disappointed by a number of video game movies as a kid (though I still love Street Fighter and will defend that film for the rest of my life) it's great to see some quality films out there.

    I'm also way, way excited about
     
    Tails showing up at the end and Jim Carry transforming into full on crazy Dr. Robotnik
    . Good stuff!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!


    "We have a Ram-Man!"

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Ana, California
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Me and my daughter loved it! According to her it was "Epic." We went and saw it on Monday and both had a blast. It was fun and had some great action scenes. It was also very kid friendly while not being dumbed down. Lots of cool little throwbacks to the games, too.

    Detective Pikachu was one of my favorite movies of last year and this hit a lot of similar beats, but in a good way. Having been disappointed by a number of video game movies as a kid (though I still love Street Fighter and will defend that film for the rest of my life) it's great to see some quality films out there.

    I'm also way, way excited about . Good stuff!
    Seen the animated Street Fighter 2 movie? better than the live action film
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

  11. #36
    Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    13,302
    I saw this last night with my sister and her boyfriend. It was pretty good! We all agreed on that. It wasn't ground-breaking or anything, but while it did take a few liberties here and there, overall it was pretty faithful to the source material (certainly more so than most other video game based movies). Given the mid-credits teasers, I'm looking forward to a sequel, so long as they can at least maintain (if not surpass) the quality of this movie.
    ____________________________________________

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Yup and hear Tails will be in the sequel and hope they get Knuckles and Rouge (Rarrrrr) in a sequel too.

    Been a Sonic fan since i collected issue one of the comics at age 11 and got my Genesis for my birthday at age 12 even watched/taped Sonic SatAM at age 12.

    I was surprised by this movie as it with Detective Pikachu has proven game films can be good like Silent Hill and Street Fighter 2 the animated movie and enjoyable like Mortal Kombat.
    For me it all started with Sonic 2. If a sequel occurs, Tails will definitely be there, Paramount would have a riot on their hands if they omitted him at this point. I kinda wonder if they'll play with his origins a bit (such as they are).

    I am glad Sega loosened up on their moratorium on Sonic showing emotions again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Also I heard thanks to Sonic's success, there's going to be a good Super Mario movie.
    Hadn't heard they were making a new Super Mario movie.

    Has anyone seen any Sonic The Movie tie in books out? Like what they usually release with new films?
    Last edited by Asher Tye; February 20, 2020 at 12:49pm.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  13. #38
    Not my Tempo Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post


    Hadn't heard they were making a new Super Mario movie.

    Has anyone seen any Sonic The Movie tie in books out? Like what they usually release with new films?
    They can start a proposal towards Nintendo then, I'm sure with the success of the movie and Detective Pikachu. Nintendo going to spark an idea and consider to make a franchise from the company.... maybe not Mario but I'm hoping they could get treatment for The Legend of Zelda.

    Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

  14. #39
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,441
    I finally got around to seeing Sonic today, and I am really impressed!!

    With the exception of all the ad placements, Sonic is a solid first outing for the Blue Blur... the story is paced well, touching and funny at all the right times.

    I walked out of the theater with a big smile on my face and dreaming of all the possible routes the inevitable sequel can take!
     

    One of my personal favorite moments was the "X-Men Quicksilver" scene in the bar. It was pretty awesome! Also, I LOVED the opening "SEGA" credit crawl, composed of images from Sega's other big franchises...




    Stay for the credits!!!



    Also, here is some reassuring news concerning the Super Mario Bros. movie coming in 2022:

    https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/h...r-mario-movie/
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,136
    So now it seems that Dwayne Johnson is being considered to play Knuckles in Sonic 2 if it's made. Not sure how I feel about that. I like Rock, and I think his voice would sound good for Knuckles, but I fear him trying to make Knux's character act like Maui.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  16. #41
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    So now it seems that Dwayne Johnson is being considered to play Knuckles in Sonic 2 if it's made. Not sure how I feel about that. I like Rock, and I think his voice would sound good for Knuckles, but I fear him trying to make Knux's character act like Maui.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that.

    The Rock has a pretty wide range of voice-over personas... he would definitely be a big draw for the sequel. I just hope Knuckles (if he appears in the sequel) keeps his video game attitude.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA, USA
    Posts
    729
    I hope it keeps making money, I want a sequel.

    The only Super Mario Bros movie I have heard about coming out in the near future is an animated one done by Illumination.

  18. #43
    Heroic Warrior HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Ana, California
    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    I hope it keeps making money, I want a sequel.

    The only Super Mario Bros movie I have heard about coming out in the near future is an animated one done by Illumination.
    That can be good the new Mario movie
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,136
    If this becomes a series of movies, I wonder if they'll do a spin-off starring Tails. Would love to see him fighting the Battle Bird Armada.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  20. #45
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    That can be good the new Mario movie
    I have faith that Illumination will put together a solid SMB movie... especially because they have Shigeru Miyamoto as a creative consultant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    If this becomes a series of movies, I wonder if they'll do a spin-off starring Tails. Would love to see him fighting the Battle Bird Armada.
    I doubt Tails could carry a movie on his own, unless it goes straight to a streaming service or DVD/Blu-Ray...

    But, you bring up something I was thinking about after watching the movie. If the cast is going to return for the sequel, then most likely the movie will still take place in the human world...
     
    if Tails reason for showing up at the end of the movie is to bring Sonic back to his world, the franchise could shift into an almost complete CGI movie - with the exception of Carrey's Eggman.

    I'm not sure how this would be handled... or if they would simply keep all of the characters coming to earth, like in the Sonic X cartoon a few years back.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I have faith that Illumination will put together a solid SMB movie... especially because they have Shigeru Miyamoto as a creative consultant.



    I doubt Tails could carry a movie on his own, unless it goes straight to a streaming service or DVD/Blu-Ray...

    But, you bring up something I was thinking about after watching the movie. If the cast is going to return for the sequel, then most likely the movie will still take place in the human world...
    Don't be so sure. He consistently ranks third most popular character in the franchise and the only reason most of his games aren't so widely known is they never got released outside of Japan. But I wouldn't mind a direct to video release for him in any event. Plenty of people would happily buy it.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior Zentron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    For me it all started with Sonic 2. If a sequel occurs, Tails will definitely be there, Paramount would have a riot on their hands if they omitted him at this point. I kinda wonder if they'll play with his origins a bit (such as they are).
    Tails definitely will be, he was in the mid credits scene arriving on Earth!

    I went to see this movie for a second time, this time with my younger brother in tow and he enjoyed it a lot as well!
    Demand quality.

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior HarryCanyon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Santa Ana, California
    Posts
    2,424
    Who else remembers the games back in the 90s and the SatAM Sonic animated show? i did since i was 11 when i played the games at Sears in 92 and collected the Sonic comic since and got the Genesis for my 12th birthday back in 93 and watched/taped the SatAM show when i was 12.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

  24. #49
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    6,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Don't be so sure. He consistently ranks third most popular character in the franchise and the only reason most of his games aren't so widely known is they never got released outside of Japan. But I wouldn't mind a direct to video release for him in any event. Plenty of people would happily buy it.
    Oh yeah! Don't get me wrong, I love Tails! I would love to see him in his own adventure... but I'm afraid that without being directly tied to Sonic, studios would be hesitant to put their faith in the "sidekick" for fear of people not knowing him... (which is silly, I know.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Tails definitely will be, he was in the mid credits scene arriving on Earth!

    I went to see this movie for a second time, this time with my younger brother in tow and he enjoyed it a lot as well!
    Um... spoilers?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Who else remembers the games back in the 90s and the SatAM Sonic animated show? i did since i was 11 when i played the games at Sears in 92 and collected the Sonic comic since and got the Genesis for my 12th birthday back in 93 and watched/taped the SatAM show when i was 12.
    I enjoyed the SatAM cartoon when it was airing, but it's hard to go back to.

    Sonic X, on the other hand, still holds up amazingly well... and borrows so many elements from the games that I never realized when I was watching it in the early 2000's...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Who else remembers the games back in the 90s and the SatAM Sonic animated show? i did since i was 11 when i played the games at Sears in 92 and collected the Sonic comic since and got the Genesis for my 12th birthday back in 93 and watched/taped the SatAM show when i was 12.
    Oh I remember SatAM fondly. Used to record the shows to watch after soccer and they were the high point of Saturday. Of course I remember having a preference for Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog at the time, partially because it seemed closer to the games. But I especially liked finding out what was planned for the third season had it not been canceled. Of course now I have the Shout Factory dvd set. And of course I went in for Archie's Sonic series as well.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •