Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC videos from Toyguru on his own YouTube channel

Man, that 2016 list hurts. Has it really been that long since a full sub? Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I agree. Lady Slither, Rajar, the Randor and Prince Keldor 2 pack. ugggg....those could have been some of the best figures.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I agree. Lady Slither, Rajar, the Randor and Prince Keldor 2 pack. ugggg....those could have been some of the best figures.
    They still can be if we sustain a campaign of awareness with Mattel.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Yes, it hurts. And I'm sure the line-up for S7's CC waves that never happened would hurt too... SAGITAAAAAAAAR!!!!!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    They still can be if we sustain a campaign of awareness with Mattel.
    I agree.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Court Magician Keep-MOTUC-alive's Avatar
    That roadmap video was bittersweet. Four Horsemen are the greatest ever. ToyGuru will always be a champion in my eyes, as will Brian Flynn for keeping the flame going as long as he was allowed to. I'm seriously looking forward to Origins, but I sure wish we could have kept Classics and Club Grayskull going for the fans and that supported the property when Mattel had little to no interest in REALLY promoting it. Super 7 did an amazing job with their William Stout Collection and should have been allowed to finish it. So many Mini-Comic, Filmation, New Adventures, Son of He-Man, 200X and Create-A-Character, characters left for MOTUC. Still, grateful for what we got, just feels incomplete (even when you have everything released... c'mon Snake Mountain).
    CLASSICS Character Wish-List:
    HE-MAN (Tony Guerrero) | HE-RA | TRI-KLOPS (Texeira) | MASK OF POWER DEMONS | SHARELLA | GRAY | SKELETEEN | GREAT BLACK WIZARD | RED BEAST

These videos are really cool so far.

So.....Star Trek was to happen at Matty? Man I’d love to see what that rumored real ghostbusters line was to look like.

On the new adventures figures......sickening. I can’t believe all we missed. Man we have a ton, but boy did we miss a ton. Here is to hoping the future is still being written for motuc.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    So.....Star Trek was to happen at Matty? Man I’d love to see what that rumored real ghostbusters line was to look like.

On the new adventures figures......sickening. I can’t believe all we missed. Man we have a ton, but boy did we miss a ton. Here is to hoping the future is still being written for motuc.
    Yes!!! I'm very curious what the Star Trek figures would have been myself!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Holy crap.

Unreleased characters on the roadmap:
    -Artilla
    -Kol Dar
    -Butthead
    -Skeleteen
    -Kayo
    -Skorllos (probably Scrollos)
    -Melaktha
    -Sharella
    -Queen Andreeno
    -Staghorn
    -Lizor
    -Badra
    -Great Black Wizard
    -Clawdeen
    -Manticore
    -Silver Storm
    -Outcast Keldor
    -Belzar (giant)
    -Horde Armor He-Man
    -Adzar (giant)
    -Songster
    -Elders of Eternia 3-pack
    -Space Mutant Stands
    -Prince Randor
    -Evil Females Rooted Hair? (mini-sub?)
    -Horde Armor She-Ra
    -Crystal Sundancer
    -Slave Master
    -Colonel Blast
    -Ilkort Warrior
    -Spinwit
    -Catra's Cat Warriors
    -Consul Ari
    -Scratch Catra
    -Jungle He-Man
    -Smash Blade He-Man
    -2002 Marlena
    -Nocturna
    -Snake Warrior Captain
    -Hoove
    -2002 Skeletor
    -Stingrad
    -Tuvar
    -Revenge Squad Leader
    -2002 Sorceress
    -Chadzar (giant)
    -Disco Skeletor
    -Unemployed Skeletor (?)
    -Battle Pidgeon
    -Horde Lord
    -Horde Death Squad
    -Star Burst She-Ra
    -Teela's Unicorn
    -Caligar 2-pack
    -Andreenos 2-pack
    -Qadian 2-pack
    -Bionatops
    -Turbodactyl
    -T-Rex
    -200x He-Man
    -200x Adam
    -200x Randor
    -Illumina
    -Cringer
    -Megabeast
    -MAA Underwater Armor
    -Galactic Protector Stands
    -Girls of MOTU (mini-sub?)
    -Attak Trak
    -Skeleton Warrior 2-pack

I admit, I don't even know who a lot of these are!

Curiously, not anywhere on the roadmap:
    -Miro
    -Lady Slither
    -Hunga
    -Kittrina
    -Masks of Power Demons
    Personally, I’d take ALL of this with a grain of salt. There is no way to know if any of this is true. Neitlich was well known for lying. Unless there is someone else from those days that can verify this “roadmap” was ever legit, I’m assuming it’s something he quickly whipped up to try and get back into some kind of spotlight, now that MOTU has a lot of media attention, again.

Also, there are made up things in there, like Horde Lord, unemployed Skeletor (wtf), and Battle Pigeon, which would be taking the place of more legit characters from NA or Filmation, like Vizar and Kittrina, and Lodar. It just seems fake.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; February 23, 2020 at 05:17pm.

Widget
    As someone who pretty much collected everything from that line, and was sorry to see the sub "shortened" at the time, I have to say that list is... very underwhelming.
    I wish we got all of NA. But as for the rest of it, well if that's the list I'm glad it got shorted as a lot of that is not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Personally, I’d take ALL of this with a grain of salt. There is no way to know if any of this is true. Neitlich was well known for lying. Unless there is someone else from those days that can verify this “roadmap” was ever legit, I’m assuming it’s something he quickly whipped up to try and get back into some kind of spotlight, now that MOTU has a lot of media attention, again.

Also, there are made up things in there, like Horde Lord, unemployed Skeletor (wtf), and Battle Pigeon, which would be taking the place of more legit characters from NA or Filmation, like Vizar and Kittrina, and Lodar. It just seems fake.
    THIS.

I'll always credit TG for getting Filmation rights (for example) but I never felt I could trust him. Including Spector in the 30th anniversary sub is a good example of why - MOTUC at times seemed like his vanity project which always left a bitter taste in my mouth TBH.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

The biggest issue for me was that NA and PoP were never completed. That was the biggest deciding factor in me selling my collection. Aside from those two factions, nothing on this list makes me sad that we didn't get it. Might as well have had Flying Fist Spector and Battle Armor Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter on the list.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    THIS.

I'll always credit TG for getting Filmation rights (for example) but I never felt I could trust him. Including Spector in the 30th anniversary sub is a good example of why - MOTUC at times seemed like his vanity project which always left a bitter taste in my mouth TBH.
    Vanity is what brought him back, once again.

Spector wasn’t the only self-serving figure. Remember Standor? There is a figure that makes absolutely no sense being in the line. I’m pretty positive that was just so Neitlich could put on his resume that he had a project with Stan Lee. Then there was Geoff Johns, a comic creator that was allowed to create a character in the anniversary sub, despite having NO CONNECTION to MOTU, whatsoever. I’m sure that happened because Neitlich loves Green Lantern and also thought he could land a gig at DC if he let Johns create Sir-Laser-Lot. There are many, many more examples...this is just a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    As someone who pretty much collected everything from that line, and was sorry to see the sub "shortened" at the time, I have to say that list is... very underwhelming.
    I wish we got all of NA. But as for the rest of it, well if that's the list I'm glad it got shorted as a lot of that is not that great.
    I know what you mean. There are some good characters, but there are some seriously questionable choices and omissions. Of that huge list, there are only four Filmation characters...FOUR. No Kittrina, no Dylamug, no Hunga, no Granita, no Hawke...none of them. Why?

And why is the Ilkort listed, but not Lodar, or Garn, or Prince Dakon, or even Bould-Or and Pebblass (two characters he supposedly named)?

If it is a real list, then it’s a very poorly made list by someone that doesn’t really know MOTU well enough to select characters for a toyline.

Spector wasn’t the only self-serving figure. Remember Standor? There is a figure that makes absolutely no sense being in the line. I’m pretty positive that was just so Neitlich could put on his resume that he had a project with Stan Lee. Then there was Geoff Johns, a comic creator that was allowed to create a character in the anniversary sub, despite having NO CONNECTION to MOTU, whatsoever. I’m sure that happened because Neitlich loves Green Lantern and also thought he could land a gig at DC if he let Johns create Sir-Laser-Lot. There are many, many more examples...this is just a few.
    thank you for keeping the past alive and these things unforgotten.

Sheesh you're Salty. Can't you just be happy with the nearly 300 awesome figures we did get? Castle Grayskull, all the awesome vehicles, beasts and soon Snake Mountain?

Classics is an amazing toyline and whether you like to admit it or not, without the "vanity" of Toyguru it probably never would have happened.

Did he endulge and put some figures in the line that probably shoudln't have been there? Sure. But how many figures did we get thanks to him that we otherwise probably never would have gotten in the first place? You are so hostile toward him in every single one of your posts, but you are clearly a fan of Classics at the same time, so clearly he did give you plenty of enjoyment over the past decade by pushing and championing this line to management. Or are you calling BS on all of that too, is Scott not one of the main catalysts of this line?

Whether he's doing these videos out of vanity or whatever alterior motive he might have, it doesn't really matter, it's still interesting to see/hear things from his point of view and his experience behind the scenes at Mattel whether it's 100% factual or not.
    Last edited by Razzerian; February 24, 2020 at 08:57am.
    Join MASTERS TALK on Discord!

Heroic Warrior
    Wow there are some grumpy people coming out the woodwork. The curios thing is that despite their feelings towards Scott, they still watch his videos?

I find the videos interesting and give an insight as to what done to get as many figures as we did.

Unemployed Skeletor is a Youtuber.
    I believe the Battle Pigeon came from the Roast Gooble Dinner podcast.

These were probably just fun exclusives (Power Con perhaps?) like Mo-Larr.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Sheesh you're Salty. Can't you just be happy with the nearly 300 awesome figures we did get? Castle Grayskull, all the awesome vehicles, beasts and soon Snake Mountain?

Classics is an amazing toyline and whether you like to admit it or not, without the "vanity" of Toyguru it probably never would have happened.

Did he endulge and put some figures in the line that probably shoudln't have been there? Sure. But how many figures did we get thanks to him that we otherwise probably never would have gotten in the first place? You are so hostile toward him in every single one of your posts, but you are clearly a fan of Classics at the same time, so clearly he did give you plenty of enjoyment over the past decade by pushing and championing this line to management. Or are you calling BS on all of that too, is Scott not one of the main catalysts of this line?

Whether he's doing these videos out of vanity or whatever alterior motive he might have, it doesn't really matter, it's still interesting to see/hear things from his point of view and his experience behind the scenes at Mattel whether it's 100% factual or not.
    I'm not salty at all. I am totally capable of being happy with the majority of figures we did get (of which, I am) and still point out the shadiness of Neitlich. Are you suggesting that, without Standor, the line would have discontinued? That Mattel wanted to pull the plug on the whole thing, until they saw the Mighty Spector and then they did a 180 degree turn on the whole thing? HAHA, C'mon, who are you kidding? Sure, Neitlich was definitely a part of why we have the figures in the first place. I didn't claim otherwise, in this thread. I can still like Classics, but dislike the ways Neitlich abused his position for his own personal gain. There is nothing wrong with that, nor any conflict of interests. Personally, I've always put more praise towards the efforts of the extremely talented Four Horsemen and the fans/collectors for the success of MOTUC.

What I find interesting is, you admit he indulged himself, that he put figures in the line that probably shouldn't have been there, and that he might not be 100% factual. So, why are you giving me grief? You agree with everything I just said.

Something to consider...if he's giving false information, then it's not really his experience behind the scenes. If you're fine with that, that's cool. More power to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Wow there are some grumpy people coming out the woodwork. The curios thing is that despite their feelings towards Scott, they still watch his videos?

I find the videos interesting and give an insight as to what done to get as many figures as we did.
    Actually, I didn't watch the videos. Mainly because I am quite familiar with the antics of Mr. Neitlich. I have seen enough screenshots and such from the video, in these threads and Facebook groups, to see what he's claiming.

Any information regarding the process of making a figure is totally fine. I wasn't commenting on anything like that. That can be very insightful and interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Unemployed Skeletor is a Youtuber.
    I believe the Battle Pigeon came from the Roast Gooble Dinner podcast.

These were probably just fun exclusives (Power Con perhaps?) like Mo-Larr.
    Sure, but....really, who requested any of this? No one. Why make a figure based on a YouTuber when there are literally hundreds of LEGIT characters to choose from in the actual MOTU/PoP brands? Do you remember the reaction to Baby Skeletor? Sheesh!

I'm not salty at all. I am totally capable of being happy with the majority of figures we did get (of which, I am) and still point out the shadiness of Neitlich.
    You put a lot of energy in to discrediting the man for someone who has no beef/isn't salty. That behavior must stem from somewhere, it must have a reason besides Toyguru's idiosyncrasies.

Are you suggesting that, without Standor, the line would have discontinued? That Mattel wanted to pull the plug on the whole thing, until they saw the Mighty Spector and then they did a 180 degree turn on the whole thing? HAHA, C'mon, who are you kidding?
    You're literally the only person in the universe that got that from what I wrote. It's funny because you go on to actually get my ACTUAL point (in the next quote) so you learly know damn well that this is not at all what I was even remotely suggesting. You're deliberately pulling someone's words completely out of context. A common and shady tactic on online fora.

Sure, Neitlich was definitely a part of why we have the figures in the first place. I didn't claim otherwise, in this thread. I can still like Classics, but dislike the ways Neitlich abused his position for his own personal gain. There is nothing wrong with that, nor any conflict of interests. Personally, I've always put more praise towards the efforts of the extremely talented Four Horsemen and the fans/collectors for the success of MOTUC.
    The 4H are the designers and they deserve allt he credit for how amazing the figures turned out, but Scott deserves a large portion of the credit for the fact that we even got those figures in the first place. Again, I reiterate but we got close to 300 figures, vehicles, beasts, etc. So basically 95%+ of what we got were extremely awesome toys we probably never would have gotten if it wasn't for this shady guy.

All you did was admit that, 'sure he had something to do with it'. But you're yet to express any form of gratefulness, it seems you're incapable. Because you're SALTY like a pretzel

What I find interesting is, you admit he indulged himself, that he put figures in the line that probably shouldn't have been there, and that he might not be 100% factual. So, why are you giving me grief? You agree with everything I just said.
    Firstly, it's not my place to "admit" anything as I have no involvement in any of these things you are accusing him of. As to why I am giving you "grief", it's because of the way you are trying to get your point across. It'sno secret that Scott has put out some false information in the past to reach internal goals at Mattel. But you are deliberately going out of your way to discredit him in multiple posts and you're attacking his integrity as a human being.

The only thing you've done is attempt to undermine all of his credibility without offsetting that with "but he also did good things" or something along those lines, so you're delibertaly painting a very one-sided picture. That's why I'm giving you grief, because you are purposely sketching your own version of history in which he only looks like a massive Flerken.

In business often the end justifies the means, there have been a lot of claims of Scott lying to sell more subs which cause a lot of people to buy multiple subs out of panic. That stuff certainly wasn't ethical, but at the same time he has stated on multiple occassions that keeping this line going was a pretty constant battle with management as they gave zero flerken's. You can think about him what you want, but at least that has been proven to be true, because the line didn't last much past his exit at Mattel. So he was certainly keeping it alive for all those years, so I come back to my initial point: sometimes the end justifies the means. He clearly felt like he needed to indulge the truth at times in order to keep the line going, to get good enough numbers for him to justify the tooling costs to management and for them to green light future lines, etc.

Something to consider...if he's giving false information, then it's not really his experience behind the scenes. If you're fine with that, that's cool. More power to you.
    As time goes on almost every human being tends to remember things in a certain light, memories almost never are 100% factual after X amount of years. That's knowledge everyone should keep in the back of their heads whenever listening to people recount the past.
    Last edited by Razzerian; February 25, 2020 at 07:32am.
    Join MASTERS TALK on Discord!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    That huge list of "what ifs" is interesting. I'm kind of glad the line ended when it did, a lot of the figures on there I would have skipped entirely - 200X variants don't appeal to me, the ABC Giants plus more horses and beasts. Lots of bottom of the barrel names right there.

I think I would have liked the New Adventures line to be completed, some of the POP variants, then some of the new and unreleased characters and missing Filmation, but really, the line was huge enough already. I think we had a great run.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    That huge list of "what ifs" is interesting. I'm kind of glad the line ended when it did, a lot of the figures on there I would have skipped entirely - 200X variants don't appeal to me, the ABC Giants plus more horses and beasts. Lots of bottom of the barrel names right there.
    I don't feel like doing the digging (because I'm lazy this morning), but I feel like there's a huge difference between what characters were planned and what characters ranked the highest in fan polls. There might be some crossover, but not much. It's really like Mattel/Scott didn't really have their finger on the pulse of what fans wanted once they'd exhausted the vintage toyline and the most obvious FILMation characters.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

It all depends on individual collector habits. There are collectors that are attracted mostly to main characters or characters that had some relevance or recurrence within the story or media. For those, maybe Classics is done. Other collectors love the new things, even if obscure, because cool or peculiar designs. I'm more on the second group of collectors. When I used to collect 3.75 inches Star Wars figures I loved those aliens from the Cantina or Jabba's palace sets. Soem of them had less than 1 second of exposure in the movies, and were totally irrelevant for the story, but I loved that diversity and the designs.

So, I see much value in those characters that were left unproduced, like concepts, mini-comics characters (those cool designs from Axel Gimenez), fan-contest characters, 200X, obscure just-one-episode characters and remaining NA (SAGITAR!). For me, the line still had much to offer, and that original roadmap was totally appealing.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Attachment 122192
    Just found this
    While there are some characters in this original 2016 line-up I want that we never got, overall I don't think it's balanced enough. There are way too many characters from the new MOTUC mini-comics and the Create-A-Character contest. So personally I'm glad this never came to light. The characters S7 chose over these are much stronger choices IMO.

Great to finally see this information posted though and I'm enjoying Toyguru's videos. Hopefully he'll finally leak that Son of He-Man bible.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I don't feel like doing the digging (because I'm lazy this morning), but I feel like there's a huge difference between what characters were planned and what characters ranked the highest in fan polls. There might be some crossover, but not much. It's really like Mattel/Scott didn't really have their finger on the pulse of what fans wanted once they'd exhausted the vintage toyline and the most obvious FILMation characters.
    I think that what TG showed in the video was his original long term roadmap for the line, made before we had the polls. I think this was just a rough direction for the line, that was adjusted as needed. I always remember (before the roadmap was re-worked to include all the vintage figures) that TG used to say he had a plan for this line until 2016.