Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC videos from Toyguru on his own YouTube channel

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I was cut off short doing the full MOTUC director's commentary as Management felt it was not a good use of my time. Well now that I am on my own I am king of my own time and I'm bringing it back! My goal is to do every figure, every vehicle, playset and others.

But let me know if this is actually something people want to hear about. Leave comments or subscribe and if their is enough interest I'll keep em coming! Otherwise, at least I did this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-KaBJC3jCE
    yes! this is something I want to hear about. I subscribed already. Also, some day please address what was all that stuff about a "fiftth degree wizard". Ai always wondered what was the ranking of other wizards/sorcerers of MOTU world. Also we always wanted to know what was the roadmap for MOTUC (does Sagitar was ever considered?).

Thank you!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Never liked the fact that he used a slot for that lookalike deadpool character. Also, had his face on one of the guards. Regardless , indo want tonhear his inside story since his involvement . In one of his videos he has that fisher price castle tha ti alsonhad as a kid, the one with the pink dragon. He seemed to post a bunch of YouTube at once about different things. You know the saying abark too much get nothing done.

I really liked those old director commentaries and was disappointed when they stopped. So yes, please do more. Very interesting stuff. And welcome back to the forms.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Yes please! Keep them coming!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    I love this- welcome back indeed!! Thank you so much for taking the time & effort to share.

Awesome! Subscribed!!!
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    Never liked the fact that he used a slot for that lookalike deadpool character. Also, had his face on one of the guards.
    It is well past time to get over this.

Heroic Warrior
    I mean, even as someone who didn't collect Classics, so I don't care about wasted slots or whatever, but he just doesn't feel MOTU. Everyone else in the anniversary line felt like they could have been in the vintage line or in a comic/Filmation episode. I mean, I get what he was going for (a lot of MOTU feels very Jack Kirby-ish, so I get he was going for something reminiscent of like the Fourth World characters with the bright, weird colors), but it ended up being more Deadpool than Mister Miracle.

This is a MAJOR change from the original Gar story intended isnt it?? IIRC, the Gar were supposed to be one of the races of Eternia's twin sister planet Infinita that were jealous of Eternia's riches since the Infinitans more or less plundered their planet to near desolation. Infinita then opened a portal to invade Preternia. The story veers in differing ideas for direction there. I need to go back and read the original MOTU bible from 1982. I know a lot was retconned, but I personally prefer the original bible as close as possible since it had much more fantasy to it and less forced-to-fit explanation.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I got a good chuckle.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Well, I just wanna know the evidence used for that famous love letter. Wanna hear about that ,and hoping that he pulls some hidden lost in the archives from mattel vault.

Call me crazy, but I feel pretty fortunate that Major Matt Mason wasn't shoehorned into MOTU as intended.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Subscribed.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Hahaha.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

I was cut off short doing the full MOTUC director's commentary as Management felt it was not a good use of my time. Well now that I am on my own I am king of my own time and I'm bringing it back! My goal is to do every figure, every vehicle, playset and others.

But let me know if this is actually something people want to hear about. Leave comments or subscribe and if their is enough interest I'll keep em coming! Otherwise, at least I did this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-KaBJC3jCE
    Very excited to see this! First episode was great, and I hope to see many more. I'm sure if you continue the series you'll get 1000 subs in no time, the interest I'm sure is there, you have a very unique story to tell, no one else on YouTube that I'm aware of is making this kind of content.

Well now that I am on my own I am king of my own time and I'm bringing it back!
    That's awesome! You rock, man! Unlike some certain other brand managers who are ego driven and incredibly petty. Your legacy speaks for itself, you're absolutely fantastic and your presence makes this fandom great again.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

I have NEVER subscribed to a Youtube channel until NOW! Thank you good sir! Look forward to more!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    This is a MAJOR change from the original Gar story intended isnt it?? IIRC, the Gar were supposed to be one of the races of Eternia's twin sister planet Infinita that were jealous of Eternia's riches since the Infinitans more or less plundered their planet to near desolation. Infinita then opened a portal to invade Preternia. The story veers in differing ideas for direction there. I need to go back and read the original MOTU bible from 1982. I know a lot was retconned, but I personally prefer the original bible as close as possible since it had much more fantasy to it and less forced-to-fit explanation.
    Wait the Gar were mentioned in 1982 bible? I thought they were invented for the 200X line to explain why keldor was blue.
    Was there ever any 'official' mention of the Gar in like a cartoon or storybook back in the day?

As far as the video goes heck yeah I want more, will be subscribing!

Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    Never liked the fact that he used a slot for that lookalike deadpool character. Also, had his face on one of the guards.

I have ZERO idea why any of that would actually bother you or anyone. The Spector figure was just a fun figure along with the other 5 of however many there were by people whom had involvement in the brand. You weren't forced to buy them and they were in a sub. by themselves. Where's the loss of a slot? We got everything that we essentially could.

As for the guard. That two pack came with what, 4 heads AND visors? If you didn't like it, you didn't have to look at it. You could of just swapped it or used a visor. So what, because it had "his" likeness rather some "other" generic guy that actually bothers you? Would the likeness of the guy working at Home Depot of worked better? Who cares, it's a generic guard.

Seriously find something REAL to complain about....

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Subed! It seriously gets me excited to find out the backstory or inside info on any MOTUC item. It makes me appreciate my collection all over again. Please keep 'em coming, and consider doing a video on the mysterious release list/road map that you worked from. Maybe what figures were bumped when the line up changed to complete the vintage line faster. I know you have mentioned this info before on the forums here, but it would be nice to see it all compiled into a streamlined video.
    "..."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Subed! It seriously gets me excited to find out the backstory or inside info on any MOTUC item. It makes me appreciate my collection all over again. Please keep 'em coming, and consider doing a video on the mysterious release list/road map that you worked from. Maybe what figures were bumped when the line up changed to complete the vintage line faster. I know you have mentioned this info before on the forums here, but it would be nice to see it all compiled into a streamlined video.
    Completely agree with everything you said! Especially about it appreciating our collections all over again!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    Wait the Gar were mentioned in 1982 bible?

No

No they are not.

In Halperin text;There is a mention of Eternia’s sister planet Infinita. That houses lot of monsters and creatures of varying nature. The evil atmosphere there is what alters Evil-Lyn, Beast Man and Tri-Klops.
    Not a single word about ”Gar people”.

The term Gar is fanmade, referred to 200x cartoon and Sy-Klone’s episode. He is the last guardian of Anwat Gar. But there is no mention where Sy-Klone originally came from.

Fans theorized he was from island. But cartoon creators, when asked only said he was its last guardian.

In Classics. They changed things for their new story. And there Gar was used as term for blue-skinned characters... MOTUC Minicomic depicts them in couple panels as I recall.

Later modern DC Comics (Eternity War) used that idea as well.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Missed you GURU!!! Glad your back.. and thanks for Classics!
    Check out by trade thread...looking to sell off parts

I've been waiting since, well very early in the line for something like this. I love the deep lore dives and behind the scenes looks at all the work that goes into something like this. For all it's ups and downs the Classics line was a benchmark for the entire action figure industry and very worthy of exploring like this. I look forward to a lot more!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Very excited to see this! First episode was great, and I hope to see many more. I'm sure if you continue the series you'll get 1000 subs in no time, the interest I'm sure is there, you have a very unique story to tell, no one else on YouTube that I'm aware of is making this kind of content.
    Hear, hear!

Also, please don't make us wait until you hit 1000 subscribers, the best way to grow is by putting out quality content like this! The community is big enough that you'll hit that 1000 mark in no time, just don't keep us waiting!
    Join MASTERS TALK on Discord!