Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Prince Adam and Sky Sled discussion

MOTU Origins Prince Adam and Sky Sled discussion

Check out this sneak peak at the MOTU Origins Prince Adam and Sky Sled that was posted by Mattel!

I think it looks AMAZING!!

SKELETORTILLA...It's taco night at Snake Mountain!

Must have.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Must have.
    Absolutely! Major credit to Mattel for their outstanding photography on this as well...it really sells it!
    SKELETORTILLA...It's taco night at Snake Mountain!

Heroic Warrior
    That's phenomenal. I'm a little disappointed the vest isn't soft goods like the SDCC Adam, but it's not like it's hard to make a Prince Adam vest. I really like the color, though. Also, that's low key the best He-Man sculp imo. It captures the barbarian feel of the Alcala minicomics, while still remaining toyetic, which is what I want from MOTU. Also, I wonder how it's supposed to connect to the Battle Ram. I see the tabs on the bottom, so maybe it doesn't lock into place, but instead sits on some sort of plate on the front?

Heroic Warrior
    For a lot of the dislike I have for the Origins line , I'm actually a fan of this new iteration of He-Man's head sculpt and at least to get that figure. Not sure about anyone else, but this Prince Adam with Sky Sled and mostly Battle Cat will be me purchases for a "He-Man Origins" set.

I like the face, but not the hair.

Anyway, this looks great and all but I'm going to hold out for the rumored Battle Ram. I just hope it comes with the Sky Sled.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    I can't imagine they'll sell a Battle Ram without a Sky Sled. I'm assuming the only reason they're selling this seperately is because there are two configurations (good and evil).

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Another winner. Keep ‘em coming!

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I can't imagine they'll sell a Battle Ram without a Sky Sled. I'm assuming the only reason they're selling this seperately is because there are two configurations (good and evil).
    At PowerCon I believe they said you’ll get parts to make either version.

As one of the biggest Battle Ram fans out there, I have to say I'm honestly not psyched about this Sky Sled redesign. Too stubby, don't like the oversized guns and distorted look. Prince Adam looks good though.

This looks great. I'm loving how many properties are putting out fun looking toys after so many years of (great) collector-oriented stuff. These look like something kids could actually get into and toss around in the dirt.

MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    This looks great. I'm loving how many properties are putting out fun looking toys after so many years of (great) collector-oriented stuff. These look like something kids could actually get into and toss around in the dirt.
    Yep. And there's nothing wrong with actual toys! Adult collectibles are fine, but the prices keep creeping up and up. Not everybody is cool with paying close to 40 bucks for a single figure.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 21, 2020 at 02:43pm.
    Odd Man Out

Interesting redesign of the Skysled! I like the new take on it but the older design was superior no doubt. I wonder if the evil version would venture into another redesign or not, aside from the snake head that is?
    Now I'm intrigued about the whole Battle-Ram's new looks.

As for Prince Adam, he looks good enough in my humble opinion.

Edit: So the Skysled will remain the same, but it will have two different heads for either faction!
    Last edited by Darkkosis; February 21, 2020 at 03:31pm.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

During the Mattel panel at Power-Con 2019, a designer said Sky Sled will come with a translucent display stand!

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Is any of it recycled Classics Sky Sled? Looks too small for Classics figs.

So epic! I never had this when I was a kid -- can't wait to get this one!!
    This could be the end of the world.. of warcraft.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Looks really good, I like how chunky it looks. Adam looks great too
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Another brilliant sneak peek. Adam and the sky sled look gorgeous, the wait for MOTU origins is driving me insane!
    Everything I've seen so far from this line is nothing but perfection. Just imagine walking in the stores and find our nostalgic awesome toys with the fantastic vintage artworks on the shelves.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    this looks great. was a little weary after seeing trapjaw but I love this one. ill be getting them all regardless.

I don't like it. Super black eye brows and yellow hair. I like the barbaric expression but overall IDK, I think it could be better. The aesthetics of the figures also look off to me. Very long arms, stubby legs. Overly exaggerated thigh muscles on them stubby legs. I love the sky sled though. Especially the interchangeable parts.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

I dont disloke the head for He-Man but I think they coyld have donr a diffetent face sculpt for Adam.

When I look at him I just see Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and I can't unsee it. Also the Man at Arms figure looks just like El Chapo.

I don't know if anyone has confirmed it, but I'm pretty sure Mattel is doing these in house without the 4HM.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I don't like it. Super black eye brows and yellow hair. I like the barbaric expression but overall IDK, I think it could be better. The aesthetics of the figures also look off to me. Very long arms, stubby legs. Overly exaggerated thigh muscles on them stubby legs. I love the sky sled though. Especially the interchangeable parts.
    https://www.he-man.org/assets/images...-man0_full.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    When I look at him I just see Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and I can't unsee it. Also the Man at Arms figure looks just like El Chapo.

I don't know if anyone has confirmed it, but I'm pretty sure Mattel is doing these in house without the 4HM.
    I think the Four Horsemen have had some sort of involvement in this line, but I don't think it's been as much as in the past. From what I see in this line, it is not Horsemen work, or it's being heavily altered by Mattel design.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Will these two be sold together, as a two-pack type of thing? Because that there's a home run... they not only look great, but look great together!
    I absolutely love the little translucent blast effect and hope we see a lot of this sort of thing in Origins!