Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins Prince Adam and Sky Sled discussion

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    At PowerCon I believe they said you’ll get parts to make either version.
    And that is why it is dumb to pack Adam with this. If someone wants to army build them they end up with a ton of Adams.
    cogito ergo doleo

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    It's very cool that they are making this, but including Adam in something that could be bought in multiples, is pretty silly! And of course, the Classics versions were vastly superior, lol!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Looking good. I'm glad the vest is sculpted, as oppose to real cloth. The Sky Sled has turned out really well. Love the sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    And that is why it is dumb to pack Adam with this. If someone wants to army build them they end up with a ton of Adams.
    The vast majority of people are not going to army build this though. It's not being targeted to the collector. They are trying to expose a new generation to this universe and play off parents nostalgia to help expose.

The fan base that exists is just a small part of what they are trying to do. Those fans are being catered to in convention exclusives.

Why would anyone want to army build Sky Sleds? Did anyone do that with Classics? I don't remember anyone griping that it came with a Sky High figure rather than a nameless Palace Guard.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior
    Also, I imagine we'll see this exact same toy again in the Battle Ram, so that'll probably be a good way to get multiplies.

And honestly, I am a little bummed that he has a plastic vest, but it's not like Prince Adam vests are hard to make, I imagine even someone with no sewing skills could make one. Hell, I might even make some softgoods replacements for like Adam, Scareglow, etc when they come out for anyone who prefers softgoods.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope the SDCC version of Adam will be available and not just this version

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Will these two be sold together, as a two-pack type of thing?
    Yes, it's a set that's priced at 30 bucks.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Why would anyone want to army build Sky Sleds? Did anyone do that with Classics? I don't remember anyone griping that it came with a Sky High figure rather than a nameless Palace Guard.
    Because the sled is a common vehicle for the heroic and evil warriors. Wanting multiples of these are common.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I did, not only with the Sky-Sled but also with all the other vehicles. It's a great way to make battle dioramas when you have the dedicated space to display.

To me vehicles and beasts are way more important than some "D" listed figures with mediocre designs.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Presumably there will be one with the Battle Ram. I mean, hopefully Mattel isn't dumb enough to release a Battle Ram without a Sky Sled.

I for one will probably pick up two or three, as Adam bucks combined with the wrestling heads will probably make good like Eternos citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Who exactly will army build Sky Sleds? The 4 people here in the forum? Coincidentally probably the same people who dislike the line and constantly find something negative to share.

Fantastic idea to bring a two pack in the line Sky Sled and Adam. I couldn't care less about the 4 army builder. If they want want to army build, they can easily sell the spare Adams. 99% won't army build Sky Sleds (maybe buy 2-3) Again, creating problems where there are none.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Adam looks cool but that huge gun is throwing off the look of the sled. Wonder if itís removable?

I want soon this line!!

Court Magician
    I am loving what Iím seeing from this line. Iíd LOVE to see Adam on his own cardback inside the Skysled box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Looking good. I'm glad the vest is sculpted, as oppose to real cloth. The Sky Sled has turned out really well. Love the sticker.
    The vest here looks good as sculpted plastic, but I sincerely hope all capes will be soft-goods and that Mattel doesn't stiff us (no pun intended) in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    The vest here looks good as sculpted plastic, but I sincerely hope all capes will be soft-goods and that Mattel doesn't stiff us (no pun intended) in that department.
    Molded plastic is cheaper to make than soft goods. We're going to see a lot of molded plastic on these figures because of the price point, but I'm sure deluxe/limited release figures like the Origins Prince Adam will do soft goods.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Court Magician
    Molded plastic is cheaper to make than soft goods. We're going to see a lot of molded plastic on these figures because of the price point, but I'm sure deluxe/limited release figures like the Origins Prince Adam will do soft goods.
    Scareglow has a soft goods cape, so Iím sure there will be a nice balance.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Is there going to be Mattel MOTU stuff at Toy Fair? Everything else is trickling out, but no MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuafm View Post
    Scareglow has a soft goods cape, so I’m sure there will be a nice balance.

Oh, good point! Somehow I forgot about that already.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuafm View Post
    Scareglow has a soft goods cape, so I’m sure there will be a nice balance.

Scareglow has a plastic cape. Just textured to look like fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    As one of the biggest Battle Ram fans out there, I have to say I'm honestly not psyched about this Sky Sled redesign. Too stubby, don't like the oversized guns and distorted look. Prince Adam looks good though.
    I share your feelings. I don't particularly like the way they designed the sky sled. I think it looks like a 9yr old kid drew the sky sled and they took their art and made this version

I feel like they should have taken the original toy and turned the stickers into 3D details, added the blasters, cleaned up the design, but kept the overall look.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Scareglow has a plastic cape. Just textured to look like fabric.
    I stand corrected. I didnít zoom in enough. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    When I look at him I just see Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and I can't unsee it. Also the Man at Arms figure looks just like El Chapo.

I don't know if anyone has confirmed it, but I'm pretty sure Mattel is doing these in house without the 4HM.
    Thats great! I didnt even think of that..should have came with a box of pizza! My question is..why cant Mattel get the original style Heman head right...the commemorative was horrible..the giant versions were horrible and now the new ones are horrible. It was such a great sculpt with minimal paint yet it had such expressive realism..the new ones look like a japanese guy who died his hair blonde. I heard they sold their molds years back but come one...you got everyone elses head right??? a simple 3d scan or a mold made from an original would have worked...especially with modern tech.
    Last edited by He-loser; February 22, 2020 at 09:02pm.

I hope kids want these so a new generation will keep it going but I'm just not into these at all. The classics line was the perfect line for these figures but that's just my opinion. I'm actually more excited about the new gi joe line coming out.