Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Origins revealed at Mattel's Toy Fair 2020 show room on Monday, Feb 24th

MOTU Origins revealed at Mattel's Toy Fair 2020 show room on Monday, Feb 24th

Pixel Dan brings us video and photos from Toy Fair 2020! Video & photos below, and here are some additional details:

Origins
    • The line will be a Wal-Mart Exclusive for 2020
    • The line will be available to all retailers in 2021
    • All figures on display are 2020 releases
    • He-Man & Skeletor are evergreen stock, so they are always available

Origins Battle Cat packaging

Origins Battle Cat rear of package

Origins Battle Cat rear of package

Origins Man-E-Faces - human face

Origins Man-E-Faces - monster face

Origins Man-E-Faces - robot face

Origins Orko

Origins Scareglow

Origins Skeletor

Origins Sky Sled & Battle Cat

Origins Prince Adam & Sky Sled packaging

Origins Prince Adam & Sky Sled rear of packaging

Origins Prince Adam & Sky Sled

Origins Teela

Origins Trap Jaw

---------------
    Figures are on display this morning at the Mattel Influencers Breakfast. Nothing we haven’t seen except Orko does have a flight stand a bit reminiscent of the 200X stand. I’m sure we’ll hear more soon, but I just saw the first picture.

There is packaged samples of both Battle Cat and the Sky Sled and a great look at the cross sell art on the back of the package.

Oh, via Pixel Dan’s video...Mega Construx Battle Ram with Tri Klops and MekaNek!
    Last edited by jeffcope; February 24, 2020 at 10:37am.

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Court Magician
    WHY did they add this handle guard to the sword? I hated that as a kid and I hate it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These look much better than the single pics. This is the kind of line that one figure may look ok, but together they look fantastic. Hopefully that translates to great sales. All the Walmart’s by me can’t keep the wwe/motu figures in stock. I hope those buyers go on to motu. These are not for me, but if it grows the brand then bring it on.

The mega constucts are just gorgeous!

The minis look great and I love the cases, but I hate blind bag crap! If I’m spending money, I want to see what I’m buying.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    From ToyArk pics:
    Mega Construx are nice, cool, perfect. Origins look cool for kids, if that's the market segment they're targeting this line at. Monster face for Man-E-Faces looks odd, maybe lacking some paint apps.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Toyark has just posted over 90 photos! Prince Adam comes packaged with the vintage toy head! YES!

https://news.toyark.com/2020/02/24/t...9KmhWNHuRMN9rQ
    SKELETORTILLA...It's taco night at Snake Mountain!

Brilliant!!
    New things I've noticed:
    The Adam / Sky Sled set apparently comes with 2 heads, new and vintage He-man. The Sky Sled comes with a stand. The packaging and art looks stunning!!
    There seems to be a battle armour Skeletor art on the back.
    I was hoping to see the Nuremberg repainted Motuc Castle Grayskull I hope this castle is still a thing.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Not sure if what is on display are prototypes or production samples, but they look a lot better than they have in their "surprise reveal" photos recently. Especially Man-E-Faces.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Okay, check this out:

They mixed the vintage style face sculpt with the new shaggier hair. Interesting!

Heroic Warrior
    The handle guard and half sword are back. My two least favorite things ever. They ruin a beautiful sword sculpt. I guess this means I'll have to get the SDCC two pack for the sword.

I'm still hyped (an x-acto knife and some paint may also fix my power sword issue unless the sword doesn't look good together), but god, this is disappointing.

Like, we have hand variants for a reason. We don't need the open hand on every figure. The industry standard is two gripping hands at least. This is disappointing to say the least. I wonder how the Classics sword would look on the Origins He-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    Well I can't wait for those mega construx, I will buy it all just hope it will be available in the UK. I still can't get an evil lyn, scareglow and stratos and let's not talk about battle bones because it's clear I will never own that.

But really these are fantastic!!

I can take or leave origins, I loved the vintage line, shame it was stopped.

And for the minis, they are okay, I love the shop display box, there is no way I will not be taking that if I see one. As for the little greyskull and snake mountain they are nice but if you buy the full set, what are you to do with them all?

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Wait, it looks like Adam has a full handle-less sword? I hope that stays the case. I'll have to get a second one and paint it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Brilliant!!
    New things I've noticed:
    The Adam / Sky Sled set apparently comes with 2 heads, new and vintage He-man. The Sky Sled comes with a stand. The packaging and art looks stunning!!
    There seems to be a battle armour Skeletor art on the back.
    I was hoping to see the Nuremberg repainted Motuc Castle Grayskull I hope this castle is still a thing.
    After this New York Toy Fair display you still believe in this ominous list?
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by trap-grr View Post
    Well I can't wait for those mega construx, I will buy it all just hope it will be available in the UK. I still can't get an evil lyn, scareglow and stratos and let's not talk about battle bones because it's clear I will never own that.

But really these are fantastic!!

I can take or leave origins, I loved the vintage line, shame it was stopped.

And for the minis, they are okay, I love the shop display box, there is no way I will not be taking that if I see one. As for the little greyskull and snake mountain they are nice but if you buy the full set, what are you to do with them all?

Please don't take the display until they're like all gone. I think that's going to be a big part of the appeal, and we want new people to get into MOTU, right?

I wonder how well that sky sled would scale with Classics figures
    Good Trades with: MOTU_Maniac, bmoore, Riddle of Steel, sandrockgundam04, Brian Ozone, and blue monkey.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    After this New York Toy Fair display you still believe in this ominous list?
    Night Stalker said that he had a different source stating that the castle was under consideration. I don't believe the list, but the castle seems like it might happen.

Very exciting and some of the best box art since the vintage days! Whoever is doing it, keep them around!!!

BTW, can we make a cartoon that looks like that?!?
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Night Stalker said that he had a different source stating that the castle was under consideration. I don't believe the list, but the castle seems like it might happen.
    Yup, I was talking about the MOTUC Castle Grayskull only because different sources confirmed that this idea was under consideration. I would love this idea to be true.

@melkor: I don't 'believe' in any ominous list. I've seen enough confirmed MOTU Origins figures already to be happy
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Revelations is supposed to at least loosely tie in with this line. Also, I hope this boxart means we'll be getting Stratos and Faker (maybe Faker will be backaged with the Roton or something?)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    They all look amazing displayed together. I wish we had a sneak peak at another figure, maybe Mer-Man or Tri-Klops.

I love the box art on the two sets, I can't wait to get Prince Adam and Jet Sled, it's a really fun set. I like how there is a stand included, also like the Adam vintage head.

I notice that EvIl-Lyn seems to have a newly sculpted face, as well as MAA, slightly tweaked? Maybe it's just me.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I think Revelations is supposed to at least loosely tie in with this line. Also, I hope this boxart means we'll be getting Stratos and Faker (maybe Faker will be backaged with the Roton or something?)
    I hope so too!! I'm very positive that when the first waves are successful, we'll get more core figures. I can even imagine more two packs. Mattel might even pack the sorceress with the Castle Grayskull (IF we'll get a Grayskull). A Snake Mountain from Mattel would also be fantastic (yes, I'm dreaming)

Please don't take the display until they're like all gone. I think that's going to be a big part of the appeal, and we want new people to get into MOTU, right?
    I think you misunderstood, if I see this in a store in the UK I will be taking the box and everything in it. But your right that they should ld be left in the store until no stock left as they are eye catching.

Back of packaging. Note the Battle Armour Skeletor on back of Sky Sled box:

Attached Images Attached Images

Check out Adams feet