Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Battle Ram Discussion

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    Great photos and write up. I am looking forward to this one! Thanks for posting! Next, Clawful with Landshark, please. He can fight Buzz Off.
    That would be a perfect set and reuse of pieces
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Heroic Warrior
    1st offer spotted on ebay:

https://www.ebay.ch/itm/203218428514

So itís already being available. Nice.

In one of my Facebook MOTU pages and guy in Canada posted pictures of these on the shelves at Toys R Us. Hopefully we'll see them down here soon.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Ready to find this one asap. Seriously jonesin' for another set. Finished all of the smaller vehicles, point dread and, last week, finished Castle Greyskull. I was looking for lego, mega construx sets online that were castle-like.
    Nothing other than Hogwarts and Cinderella castle and they didn't look as detailed at the Castle Greyskull. I need a contrux fix. I think I am hooked on brick sets now. LOL.

Ready to find this one asap. Seriously jonesin' for another set. Finished all of the smaller vehicles, point dread and, last week, finished Castle Greyskull. I was looking for lego, mega construx sets online that were castle-like.
    Nothing other than Hogwarts and Cinderella castle and they didn't look as detailed at the Castle Greyskull. I need a contrux fix. I think I am hooked on brick sets now. LOL.
    I know what you mean, and I'm hooked, too. The MC Game of Thrones stuff is colored more realistically, but some of it works in my opinion.

Lego regularly uses big pieces as wall segments so there is less building and detail. I've had numerous Lego castle and Harry Potter sets over the decades and none were as satisfying to build as Castle Grayskull Their castle sets are scaled for their minifigures which are slightly shorter than Mega figures, so most will look small in comparison. Most of their retail sets are marketed toward younger builders so they are more focused on play value over detail. Look into the sets only sold online or in Lego stores, but some of the best sets are retired such as Kingdoms Joust:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NeilJam; December 23, 2020 at 01:12am.

Got mine today at TRU! They are out at least in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Yet another reason to consider the move to Canada.

LOL

Yet another reason to consider the move to Canada.

LOL
    Being Canadian has me ahead of the game in Origins and Mega Construx lol

Any chance you can grab the item number off the receipt for me? Stores closed in MB and itís not on the website

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    Any chance you can grab the item number off the receipt for me? Stores closed in MB and itís not on the website
    It is SKN #089087, hope this helps!

It is SKN #089087, hope this helps!
    Thanks, Iíll call tomorrow. Called today and they couldnít find it in their computer and she wouldnít go look at the shelf.

independently bolty Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Spotted at Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1-dc3240e894a8

Priced higher than it should be, but that's because Paulmartstore is the partner listing it and not Amazon in-house.
    Not that I have anything against Paulmartstore -- I bought Battle Bones from them at a reasonable price last year -- but still, I'd advise waiting until Amazon shows a lower price on this.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.blowitoutahere.com/mega-...u/887961950755

Pre-order is up at the various DeepDiscount storefronts such as BioH. Product number (887961950755) can be used across the various stores.

For some reason they have the word "Origins" thrown in, in the product title and URL. The word "Classic" similarly found its way into their listings of Roton and Point Dread sets from Mega Construx.
    I'd like to thank Mega Construx for selecting me to be a sponsored builder! More MOTU custom projects on the way!

My Mega Construx gallery

When I order stuff from DD, I have gotten everything. BIOh, Ive had to cancle everything because they just sit on an order or preorder. Weird, since its the same damn company.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    When I order stuff from DD, I have gotten everything. BIOh, Ive had to cancle everything because they just sit on an order or preorder. Weird, since its the same damn company.
    I still don't know if the company I work for *is* Deep Discount/BlowItOutaHere/Import CD or if we just warehouse/ship for them. That said, up until recently I only knew about the eBay accounts, I wasn't really aware of the websites. I had always assumed that Deep Discount was for getting rid of damaged/returned product and BlowItOutaHere was to get rid of stuff that had been over-ordered or had under-performed, I didn't know that either account sold "new" merch until a few months back from reading these threads. I live about 25 miles away from the place and the few eBay orders I've placed from them ship out by DHL and go from just south of Louisville, KY to a Kentucky-side suburb of Cincinnati and it sits there for almost a week before being transferred to the post office for delivery (granted that is still sometimes faster than using the employee ordering system inside of the building and it can more reliable for getting product).

EDIT: Something to note, do not trust photos if the item you are ordering is a case assortment. The employee website had the "Heroes" figure assortment that had Scareglow and Stratos (with Fox Muldur, etc) pictured and I ordered full cases twice, both time receiving the Man-at-Arms/Evil-Lyn wave.
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; January 16, 2021 at 06:29pm.

I'm disappointed to see that Triklops is using the Classics version for the visor with the technical parts. I always preferred the organic eyes and colors of the vintage figure. I am going to assume the third eye looks like it does on the box cover and is organic with white outside and a red pupil. Hopefully they will release a more vintage version somewhere down the line. Usually the variants have either been from other parts reuse or repaints. This would require a retool.

Rest of the set looks pretty darned good.

This set is available from Amazon for retail now, rather than the inflated price that was the only option earlier. (Though that's still there, too.) They're showing it as in stock on February 12!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    This set is available from Amazon for retail now, rather than the inflated price that was the only option earlier. (Though that's still there, too.) They're showing it as in stock on February 12!
    I only see the listing from Toywiz
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Heroic Warrior
    I stumbled across the set in the warehouse at work yesterday. Was surprised by how small it is. The artwork on both sides of the box is amazing, though. The price is right, too, so I'm going to get two to have both versions on display. Unfortunately it was listed as "Back Ordered" on the employee order site despite two full cases sitting in the bins...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    I stumbled across the set in the warehouse at work yesterday. Was surprised by how small it is. The artwork on both sides of the box is amazing, though. The price is right, too, so I'm going to get two to have both versions on display. Unfortunately it was listed as "Back Ordered" on the employee order site despite two full cases sitting in the bins...
    I ordered my two yesterday from deep discount it showed back ordered but I got it for 10 more percent off of 17.99 each so I feel great about the price and I know I will get it eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

independently bolty Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    I only see the listing from Toywiz
    I saw the listing that Drunken Fist is referring to, and ordered it yesterday. See the image below: it shows where you should be able to find the pre-order button with Amazon's lower price.

I'd like to thank Mega Construx for selecting me to be a sponsored builder! More MOTU custom projects on the way!

My Mega Construx gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    I saw the listing that Drunken Fist is referring to, and ordered it yesterday. See the image below: it shows where you should be able to find the pre-order button with Amazon's lower price.

https://oldboltyneck.files.wordpress...battle-ram.jpg
    I didnít see the button before but see it now. Thanks again
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

My bad, I probably should have mentioned that. I'm so used to checking that additional link to see what the best deal is from the various sellers that I kinda forgot that not everyone does that! It looks like Amazon's shipping date has moved up a week, as I got an email early this morning letting me know that it'll arrive on the 4th! I'm looking forward to the build, it looks like a great set!

Received 3 from Amazon.ca on Saturday. These sets always seem smaller than I was expecting when Iím done.

So I haven't seen these at all at Walmart.com but found them today for 19.99 on Amazon for anyone that's interested.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."