Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Battle Ram Discussion

Master of Mega Construx

Mega Construx Battle Ram Discussion

Hey guys! You have probably seen Pixel Dan's video by now, but I figured I would drop in and give you the low down as well.

So, we have a good news bad news situation. The bad news is that the Sky Sled set shown during San Diego Comic Con (that included Beast Man, Scareglow and Prince Adam) will not go into production. The great news is that it is being replaced in the lineup by a full Battle Ram that includes two new characters - Mekaneck and Tri-Klops.

The Battle Ram can be separated into its two iconic components - the Sky Sled and the Ram. Like the original toy, it features working launchers and a space in the back for a second figure. It also includes interchangeable faces for the Sky Sled - A snake head when it is piloted by one of Skeletor's henchmen and a griffin when a Heroic Warrior is flying.

Mekaneck will have a neck extension and Tri-Klops helmet spins so he can use his three different eyes.

This set includes approximately 180 pieces, will retail for 19.99$ and will be available in early 2021.

Mega Construx Battle Ram

Mega Construx Battle Ram

Mega Construx Battle Ram

Mega Construx Mekaneck

Mega Construx Sky Sled

Mega Construx Tri-Klops

Thank you for the detail info, good sir!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Thanks for the update Kevin! For me, this is entirely good news - I wasn't tempted by the Sky Sled set, but I will definitely be getting one of these!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

It looks awesome! Thanks for the update!

Just perfection! This piece is easily in my top toy fair reveals. You guys outdid yourselves with this one.

My only issue...... I want it now!
    Comedian on the matty forums.

This is all good news to me! I knew Mekaneck couldn't be too far behind when I saw Stinkor. Tri-Klops is a welcome surprise. As we move further into this line I'm starting to get very curious how some figures are going to be realized. It's an exciting time to be a fan.

Not a fan that the Sky Sled set isn't coming out on its own. I mean it makes more money for them because now you have to buy multiples of a bigger set, if you want a Battle Ram, and at least one Sky Sled. And most of us will want more than one for good guys and bad guys.
    Last edited by banthafett; February 24, 2020 at 02:19pm.

I guess I'm OK with this, but I still really want Blue Vest Adam. Maybe he'll be single carded?
    Odd Man Out

This is awesome! Thanks for the info. I for one am very happy to see Mekaneck and Tri-Klops instead of another Beast Man, Prince Adam, and Scareglow being released!
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Only 20 dollars! Value for these toys is out of this world, I gotta say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    Only 20 dollars! Value for these toys is out of this world, I gotta say.
    FOR REAL. After chasing down Classics figures for $60 on average, and shelling out $200 for a single Mondo figure, this is a breath of fresh air. Plus, they're fun to play with! I keep a few on my desk to muck about with for inspiration. And the other day I used Moss Man as pose reference for an illustration. I love these little buggers.

You bet I'll be buying a bunch of this set... For me this brick line is a dream come true.

Thanks for sharing.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I love that these sets come with multiple figures!

No bad news there! This is fantastic!

Love that little Battle Ram. A must buy for me!

The only bad news about this is that it won't be out for a year. It looks incredible!

Court Magician
    Wondering if the small red balls are supposed to be shoot from the ram? I can see them also on the sides of the Talon fighter, hmh.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I guess I'm OK with this, but I still really want Blue Vest Adam. Maybe he'll be single carded?
    Maybe this helps:

https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-ca/c...om-prince-adam

Master of Mega Construx
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladik841 View Post
    Wondering if the small red balls are supposed to be shoot from the ram? I can see them also on the sides of the Talon fighter, hmh.

Good eye! The red balls are the projectiles for the launcher mounted on top. They are the same projectiles that are included on the Talon Fighter.

Here are some more pictures, including the back.

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5204.jpg

Also, the sculpting work on Mekaneck and Tri-Klops is ongoing, so there will be some small differences on the final figures. I'll post updates in the Prototype Discussion Thread as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    Good eye! The red balls are the projectiles for the launcher mounted on top. They are the same projectiles that are included on the Talon Fighter.

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5204.jpg

Also, the sculpting work on Mekaneck and Tri-Klops is ongoing, so there will be some small differences on the final figures. I'll post updates in the Prototype Discussion Thread as we go.
    Great looking toy! In some ways it recalls the original Battle Ram prototype too
    Last edited by Lich Leech; February 27, 2020 at 10:52am.

Court Magician

Kevin, as usually thanks for your info!! Looking at Tri Klops face detail it was clear itís not final.

Question: is Battle Cat and Panthor still part of the 2 bigger sets? Or they will be sold separate?
    Also, can we expect any surprise for SDCC?

Thanks!!!

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5204.jpg

This is great I will be buying 2, 1 bad 1 good. Also Mekaneck will benefit from the extra neck pieces. I can use the extra Tri-Klops and Mekaneck for building fodder later.

One question Kevin: Are the missiles spring fire or pressure fire?

Doesn't really matter because I will be getting these either way, but this will affect firing distance.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Quote Originally Posted by Vladik841 View Post
    Thanks, Vladik!
    Odd Man Out

This is awesome! I much prefer this to the sky sled set that was shown previously, as it seemed that having the sky sled released on its own really harmed the chances of the full battle ram getting a release. It would still be cool to have some sky sled battle packs at some point, featuring two sleds (griffin and snake head versions) with a heroic and evil figure. I'm sure many people would like to build a fleet of them!

Panthor at Point Dread Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Blue Vest Adam apparently is "without a home for the moment," but that's better than being cancelled outright.

https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-ca/c...tart=70#p78101
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery