Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Battle Ram Discussion

I never had this toy as a kid -- I can't wait to get my hands on this one!
    Creator of the Chicago Horde
    {YouTube} {Instagram} {Twitter}

I think honestly, for 20 dollars, if I'm able to find it in the brick-n-mortar stores, I'll buy two so I can have the "bad guy" snake Sky Sled. Then...do something with the extra figures and back half of Battle Ram.

Now if only I can find Scareglow n Stratos n Battle Bones for a price I can/will pay.

Widget
    I'm am getting this as soon as it comes out, only complaint is it doesn't come with Scareglow he's the only minifigure I don't have and don't feel like paying the prices online.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno86 View Post
    I'm am getting this as soon as it comes out, only complaint is it doesn't come with Scareglow he's the only minifigure I don't have and don't feel like paying the prices online.
    No worries - a non-glow version is supposed to be coming out. See Tron's pix from SDCC:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3846999

$20 is not a bad price.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

construction toy boffin Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kernunrex View Post
    No worries - a non-glow version is supposed to be coming out. See Tron's pix from SDCC:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3846999
    It was the plan as of SDCC 2019 for the Sky Sled to come with repaints of Adam, Beast Man, and Scareglow. Those plans changed in more recent months. That set is replaced by the Battle Ram full vehicle and no Scareglow included, as this thread's first post shows. There haven't been any updates about whether the Scareglow redeco has been redirected for distribution some other way. We could be in for a long wait to get that figure.
    My Mega Construx gallery <-- wanna see He-Man things made out of bricks? I got 'em here!

Heroic Warrior
    This looks incredible; I always felt the Battle Ram was one of the best Vintage MOTU vehicles, and this version looks amazing.

If I can find this @ retail price I will almost certainly be getting two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    It was the plan as of SDCC 2019 for the Sky Sled to come with repaints of Adam, Beast Man, and Scareglow. Those plans changed in more recent months. That set is replaced by the Battle Ram full vehicle and no Scareglow included, as this thread's first post shows. There haven't been any updates about whether the Scareglow redeco has been redirected for distribution some other way. We could be in for a long wait to get that figure.
    Correct.

I was really looking forward to that set because of the Blue Vest Adam. I assume that Adam, Scare Glow, and that Beast will be released down the road at some point....maybe single carded, maybe in a set. They really seem to want to get the product out there....not limit it and make hard-to-find exclusives.

Imagine that.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; April 9, 2020 at 01:01pm.
    Odd Man Out

Widget
    Masters of the Universe Battle Ram Preview
    by Kevin_MCX:

Great news, the new Masters of the Universe Battle Ram set is now in production and is shipping out to retailers. I was lucky enough to get a sample to build, so I thought a short preview would be fun.

The Battle Ram includes several printed parts to call back to the original from 1982. The Sky Sled detaches from the front of the Battle Ram to take to the skies. Swap out the griffin head for the serpent and turn the Sky Sled into the War Sled used by the Evil Warriors. The set includes two classic characters making their debuts in Mega Construx form Ė Mekaneck an Tri-Klops! Check out a preview of these figures in the next gallery post.

And yes, the Mega Construx packaging design team had some fun (they pretty much always do) and made the box with two fronts Ė one for the Heroic Warriors and one for the Evil Warriors. The designers wanted fans that keep their boxes to have twice as many options to display this one.

With the Battle Ram set in production and on its way to retailers, itís time to take a closer look at two fan-favorite characters that are included in the set and are making their debuts in Mega Construx form: Mekaneck and Tri-Klops!

It is spy vs spy in this set!

Mekaneck includes two segments to extend his periscope neck and allow him to spy on the evil enemy.

Tri-Klops features his rotating tri-optic visor to expand his tracking abilities and spy for the evil Skeletor.

Each includes their signature weapon.

The Battle Ram will be available in early 2021 and will retail for approximately 19.99$.

https://unboxed.megaconstrux.com/en-...le-ram-preview
    https://unboxed.megaconstrux.com/en-...-klops-preview

Thanks for the preview. Best current MOTU line. The Battle Ram is incredible. I'm really glad you held off to do this more accurate redesign than the initial one form a while back. You guys are killing it.

Awesome. Will have to buy 3 sets for myself. 1. Display Battle Ram, 2,3. For each sky sled. And that works out perfect to display Tri-Klops and Mek-a-neck 3 ways each.

And probably 3 sets for my son, as he would play with the same lineup.

At last! Great job all around on this set. Nice to see some cross sell art influence on Tri-Klops. I plan to get at least two of these, so I'll wind up with plenty of extensions for Mekaneck's neck!

What a great looking set, I'm definitely buying a bunch of these!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Fantastic looking set. A definitely buy.

My only complaint now is that we need more "true" Evil Warriors vehicles.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Fantastic looking set. A definitely buy.

My only complaint now is that we need more "true" Evil Warriors vehicles.
    My votes:
    Spydor with Webstor and Buzz-Off
    Land Shark with Two-Bad and Ram Man.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    My votes:
    I'll take both!!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    My votes:
    Great choices to start with, and I'll take them all.

- - - Updated - - -
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Many thanks for this preview - this is an outstanding looking addition. I sincerely hope all fans pick up this lines Castle Grayskull - phenomenal packaging art, product posing pics, instructional layout - a lot of thought and care going into this line.

The figures are a thing of beauty. Canít wait to get hold of that mekaneck.

Court Magician
    Can't wait to replace my custom versions with these guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicShlock View Post
    Many thanks for this preview - this is an outstanding looking addition. I sincerely hope all fans pick up this lines Castle Grayskull - phenomenal packaging art, product posing pics, instructional layout - a lot of thought and care going into this line.
    The packaging on Grayskull really is outstanding. I very, very rarely feel compelled to save packaging, but I could not bring myself to put that box in the trash! The entire presentation was extremely well done, especially for something that was mass-produced. Really hoping to have a similarly high-quality box from a Snake Mountain set sitting next to it before too much longer!

Heroic Podcaster
    I keep my stuff MIB and you made two packages. Two packages that actually make sense.

You got me, Mattel. I'll buy two. You got me.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

When does this set go on sale or preorder? I love it.

construction toy boffin Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    We're going to have to share sightings of this product on various retailers as they get spotted. There are a couple I've seen: blacksbricks.de (a German retailer, which I can't vouch for) and Toywiz. No need to spring for the $50 preorder at Toywiz, surely, since the price is supposed to be $20.

Personally, I'll be looking out for this product to get listed on Blowitouttahere because they had the best preorder discounts on Roton and Point Dread. Will get two Battle Rams at the right price, and try doing something interesting to customize.

This thread's only information on timing is "early 2021," and that covers a lot of ground. I don't imagine we'll be able to narrow down the actual street date until the product starts showing up in stores.
    My Mega Construx gallery <-- wanna see He-Man things made out of bricks? I got 'em here!

Great photos and write up. I am looking forward to this one! Thanks for posting! Next, Clawful with Landshark, please. He can fight Buzz Off.