Thread: Mega Construx things I built

Panthor at Point Dread Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar

Mega Construx things I built

Hiya!

Here are some of the things I made.

Mostly created from Castle Grayskull bricks, first up is a Romulan Warbird.

The command compartment can be accessed by lifting off the hatch. Evil Spock has taken this ship to Eternia to challenge the heroic warriors.

Teela and Man-At-Arms have their own mission to keep Skeletor's forces at bay, so He-Man must blast off aboard Starship Eternia to engage the Romulan threat in orbit over the planet. This ship is made with a lot of bricks from 2016's Mega Bloks Enterprise and 2003's Mega Bloks Blue Thunder jet. The engines have light-up bricks. The pilot module snugly connects with the main ship. Laser guns swivel.

He-Man is victorious in the battle and drives Evil Spock away from Eternian airspace.

Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

Sweet!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    This is amazing!

Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

My Mega Construx gallery

My Mega Construx gallery

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Wow! That Crystal Castle is amazing! If only there was a She-Ra MC figure!

This is just great, I have tried to build a pink crystal castle before based on the toy but it didn't come out well so it was put to one side, I think I will try this one out based on your design.

Quote Originally Posted by trap-grr View Post
    This is just great, I have tried to build a pink crystal castle before based on the toy but it didn't come out well so it was put to one side, I think I will try this one out based on your design.

Cool, I hope you show us what you come up with!

My Mega Construx gallery

He-Man's selfie in front of Plundor the Spoiler's factory is spoiled by his frenemy giving him rabbit ears. I hate when that happens, don't you?

My Mega Construx gallery

The following is a vehicle for Skeletor that I devised for him to cross Eternia's seas. Patterned after a manta ray or sting ray, I have decided it's called a Stealth Ray. Skeletor speeds along the ocean surface, so I put together a water-themed display base for this vehicle to connect to.

My Mega Construx gallery

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Is this the head of Snake Mountain or the monster from the Fright Zone? It looks like it could double as both.

Also Mattel/Mega Construx should hire you. So many of us have said that before and it is still true now.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

These are fantastic!

What kits provided the basis for the Crystal castle?

I love that Manta type vehicle too.

Is this the head of Snake Mountain or the monster from the Fright Zone? It looks like it could double as both.
    I suppose you're right! My method is that I draw at least one picture of whatever I want to build, tape that drawing to the wall, and start building based on that -- and in this case what I had drawn was Filmation's head of Snake Mountain. There was no way I was going to build the full mountain, so I just represented a little bit of it. Maybe I can do a vintage-toy Fright Zone type of build at some point, but right now there are other goals higher up on my list.
    Also Mattel/Mega Construx should hire you. So many of us have said that before and it is still true now.
    I appreciate the compliment! If only they could hire fans based on just those fans having built something, that would be nice.

These are fantastic!

What kits provided the basis for the Crystal castle?
    Thanks for the comment! The yellow pieces primarily are from two Giant Pikachu sets. I don't care about Pokemon, but I thought I might be able to do something with a couple of those sets. They were clearanced out at local Kroger Marketplace stores. I used gray bricks from Mega's U.S.S. Enterprise. Light Hope was built from a Mars Rocket set from Laser Pegs -- I think T.J. Maxx was the store where I bought that set.
    Last edited by Old Bolty-Neck; April 28, 2020 at 11:12am.

My Mega Construx gallery

This Sand Demon scales better with vintage MOTU than with Mega Construx figures, as he's about 7 inches in height. I used a bunch more of the Jumbo Pikachu pieces to build him.

My Mega Construx gallery

The Lighthouse on Grayskull Harbor:

My Mega Construx gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    The Lighthouse on Grayskull Harbor
    Nice! I can see this being a version of Castle Grayskull on some alternate Eternia in the multiverse.