Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Construx Point Dread & Talon Fighter Discussion

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_MCX View Post
    This set officially contains Zodac, the Sorceress, Zoar, Panthor and Battle Armor Skeletor.

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm that it is not an accident
    Is it TOD Sorceress & Zoar as pictured?
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Is it TOD Sorceress & Zoar as pictured?
    Yes, regular Sorceress and Zoar are in the Greyskull set.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Looking forward to perching this atop my Castle Grayskull. I think this version of the Talon Fighter will be less imposing than it has been in previous toylines. When will we get to see a picture of Point Dread on Grayskull?
    Last edited by NeilJam; April 17, 2020 at 09:58pm.

Mega Construx Roton/Talon Fighter up for pre-order

Hello friends! Made a quick Eternia News Network video on the recent pre-order announcement from ToyWiz and the new image of the Origins Sky Sled popping up! I'd love to know if you're planning on getting these!

Creator of the Chicago Horde
    {YouTube} {Instagram} {Twitter}

Panthor at Point Dread Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    I'll eventually get both of those MCX sets, but they should be priced at $50 and $25, so it makes sense to me to exercise some patience and wait for other stores to put them up for sale at lower prices than what ToyWiz is asking. Cool video, though!
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

Thanks so much, Old Bolty-Neck! I only mentioned them because they were the first I saw to put up a pre-order. I'm sure these will show up at Wal-Mart, and hopefully on their website as we get closer to release!
    Creator of the Chicago Horde
    {YouTube} {Instagram} {Twitter}

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by air7walk View Post
    Hello friends! Made a quick Eternia News Network video on the recent pre-order announcement from ToyWiz and the new image of the Origins Sky Sled popping up! I'd love to know if you're planning on getting these!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euvKKu8EpiA
    I will wait to order, Toywiz always inflates their price and then raises even more a couple of months later. BBTS or Wal-Mart will probably be posting soon anyway.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

blowitoutahere 2020-05-20.jpg
    I pulled the trigger on these Blowitoutahere pre-order listings even though the Roton set should have a base price of $25 and not $30. Shipping to Cincinnati was $3.99.

These products are also on Deepdiscount, but the discounts are not as deep at the Deepdiscount site. I think these two retailers either are the same company or have some kind of partnering, with the only difference being the pricing -- these two sites have otherwise identical details on these items.
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

I've ordered them from DeepDiscount; here's hoping their delivery service to the UK works out!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    I've ordered them from DeepDiscount; here's hoping their delivery service to the UK works out!
    Have you had any luck getting stuff in the UK? I've managed the 5 pack, Wind Raider and Greyskull, but no luck with the newer mini figs or finding a decently priced battle bones

Quote Originally Posted by dorko View Post
    Have you had any luck getting stuff in the UK? I've managed the 5 pack, Wind Raider and Greyskull, but no luck with the newer mini figs or finding a decently priced battle bones
    It's not been easy to get stuff - I got the 5 pack and the Wind Raider from Entertainment Earth, and Grayskull from Amazon. I then caved in and bought Man-at-Arms, Evil-Lyn, Stratos, Scareglow, Moss Man and Prince Adam at inflated prices on eBay. I'm not bothered enough about Battle Bones to buy it at the prices eBay wants though!

I did ask Kevin from Mega Construx somewhere on the Prototypes thread about UK distribution, and as I recall he said they were looking into it, so hopefully we'll get better options to get this line one day! But in the meantime, I thought I'd better snap up Roton and Point Dread from a US company while they're available.

I'll post on the org if I ever find a UK company that sells these.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

I had A1 Toys order my 5 pack and wind raider for me, and Greyskull off of amazon as well. I'm sure A1 can get me the new sets, but the individual figures are proving a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by dorko View Post
    I had A1 Toys order my 5 pack and wind raider for me, and Greyskull off of amazon as well. I'm sure A1 can get me the new sets, but the individual figures are proving a challenge!
    Ooh thanks for that, I'd not heard of A1 Toys - will check them out next time. The individual figures though, yeah they're a problem if you don't want to ebay them!

Entertainment Earth now has this set available for pre-order - coming in July!

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...layset/mtgph24
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

BBTS now has this up for pre-order.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/126397

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    BBTS now has this up for pre-order.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...Details/126397
    Guessing Fake, Evil Lyn and Teela are going to be repaints.

Stinkor and Fisto sold out super fast.

Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    I believe the Faker is the Battle Armor version.
    The curse is dead! Red Sox World Series Champs 2004.

The dynasty is alive Patriots Sper Bowl Champs: 2001, 2003, and 2004!

Quote Originally Posted by smeddie45 View Post
    I believe the Faker is the Battle Armor version.
    Yes indeed, he is:
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3873282

Is the Battle Ram set available for preorder yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Is the Battle Ram set available for preorder yet?
    Nope. I believe that set is scheduled for Spring 2021, so I wouldn't expect pre-orders until Nov/Dec at the earliest.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Fisto and Stinkor are available at BBTS again.

The new sets are now available for pre-order in Canada with EB Games.

https://www.ebgames.ca/SearchResult/...f+the+universe

Scans of the instructions have been posted on Mega's site.

part 1

part 2

The end of the instructions explains the mechanic of attaching Point Dread to the castle tower:

point dread instructions (connect 1).jpg
    point dread instructions (connect 2).jpg

Note also that this set comes with a very cool helmet that matches Battle Cat's but in Panthor-saddle color. Obviously you can leave it off if you so choose, but it's neat to have it included. It's an inventive use of the tool. With both Battle Cat and Panthor in hand, you can swap their full armor including helmets with each other.

point dread instructions (pieces p 2).jpg

My Mega Construx gallery

Widget
    A post from Kevin_MXC:

https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/c...se-point-dread

Fresh off the production line, I was lucky enough to build one of the first copies of ''Panthor at Point Dread''. The set includes 557 pieces, so it took about an hour to build. It includes Point Dread, which can be attached to the top of Castle Grayskull's tower (using parts included), the Talon Fighter and a weapons rack. Zodac and Panthor make their debut in Mega Construx form. Skeletor is also donning his brand-new Battle Armor and the Sorceress is sporting her ''Temple of Darkness'' colors. It will be available this Summer (some websites have started pre-orders). The suggested retail price is 49.99$US.

Some behind the scenes info: We included Battle Catís helmet as a bonus part. This particular helmet is not something Panthor wears in Masters lore, but we had an opportunity to include it in the set, so we thought some fans would get a kick out it. We were super happy to include Zodac in the set. He was a logical choice given his link to Point Dread in the early mini-comics. Also, we wanted to finish off the original 8 figures (Merman is coming soon in the Roton set). Point Dread itself is built using all the same building techniques as Castle Grayskull. The design team made sure the two work together stylistically. Lastly, for anyone wondering why the weapons are blue, it is not an accident. For one, we thought blue weapons were a fun addition to the arsenal and we hope to release them in multiple colors in the future. Also, for production reasons, we could not include Stinkorís blue shield with the upcoming single-carded figure. His shield shows up here, we wanted to make sure it is available somehow.

1.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    9.jpeg

Hoping to pick it up some day down the road... it's an amazing-looking set!