Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of Teela presumably being the protagonist of Revelations?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Seriously, it always bugged me that she was one of the smartest, strongest and most independent characters in MOTU, yet she couldn't figure that out?!?
    I wonder what her reaction would be if she found out Orko knew before she did.

Quote Originally Posted by GBglide View Post
    I wonder what her reaction would be if she found out Orko knew before she did.
    It'd be funny if the series ends with literally everyone on Eternia except Teela knowing the secret.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    They're not haters. They know people like their rants, so they deliver such content. Yes, they use clickbaits. However they're pro-OG Shera. Even if they are criticizing something, they can say some positive things about it as well.
    I listen to some of their videos because I find them entertaining and sometimes I strongly agree with what they are saying, but overall I don't take their speculations seriously.
    Agreed.

Clownfish also DID mention that these were rumors. They want the new MOTU series to be good, but let’s face it, Hollywood has been going woke for a few projects (Terminator Dark Fate anyone?) where they push the female characters by belittling or killing off the male characters.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Widget
    I think it can work, as long as they know what they're doing. As long as they focus on the story and characters first and foremost, it should be fine.

The only thing I'm not vibing with is the whole rumour about Teela replacing He-Man which is just redundant more than anything else, since she already has the whole thing with being the Sorceress 2.0 and presumably getting superpowered from that. However, that is merely word of mouth for now, so I won't get worked up about it.

That said, I'd be all for giving Teela a girlfriend as long as they write it well.

It was important what Kevin Smith did , quickly debunking this ridiculous rumor , I hope it serves as a precedent and others creators doing the same,debunking those toxic channels that have created an industry of negative content.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; March 13, 2020 at 01:18am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    It was important what Kevin Smith did , quickly debunking this ridiculous rumor , I hope it serves as a precedent and others creators doing the same,debunking those toxic channels that have created an industry of negative content.
    The industry themselves created the negative content when Hollywood agenda comes before characters and story. Some people have the courage to call such practices out, especially if said practices destroy beloved franchises. Star Wars. Terminator. Doctor Who. Star Trek. That’s the other side of the story.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Guys, please pull it back a few notches. Some of these posts are entering Tar Swamp territory. You can always start a thread there if you wish to talk politics & MOTU. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    I don't hate Teela. I just don't like the idea of her over shadowing He-Man.

He-Man is the lead. Period.
    Agree, he's the star of the series

- - - Updated - - -
    The only 80s movie revivals done right unlike those are Cobra Kai, Dark Crystal Age of Resistance and Blade Runner 2049 as those were done with respect. passion for the material/project they were doing and talented people who knew how the movies worked and made them worthy successors unlike lazy failed halfassed attempts like Ghostbusters 2016, Robocop 2014, Elm Street 2010 etc which those were horrible insults to the old films and were done only for cashing on and have no passion for the material but only for paychecks and by people who were not fans of the material.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    It's not really a rumor, it's literally suggested by the official synopsis released by Netflix.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Agree, he's the star of the series

- - - Updated - - -
    The only 80s movie revivals done right unlike those are Cobra Kai, Dark Crystal Age of Resistance and Blade Runner 2049 as those were done with respect. passion for the material/project they were doing and talented people who knew how the movies worked and made them worthy successors unlike lazy failed halfassed attempts like Ghostbusters 2016, Robocop 2014, Elm Street 2010 etc which those were horrible insults to the old films and were done only for cashing on and have no passion for the material but only for paychecks and by people who were not fans of the material.
    I'd say MST3K was done well, as were the Disney Muppet movies. Also, that Batman Ninja Turtles animated movie was good (although I'm not a TMNT fan by any stretch of the imagination, so idk if it's a good Ninja Turtles movie, but I felt it was a good Batman movie). And HBO's Watchmen was surprisingly really great. There are probably a few other good ones that I'm forgetting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    It's not really a rumor, it's literally suggested by the official synopsis released by Netflix.
    The idea of He-Man stepping down and giving up the power of Grayskull goes back as far as the original Filmation series episode "The problem with power." What if He-Man is forced to kill someone but basically refuses to do so and gives up his power instead.

Do not want

The idea of He-Man stepping down and giving up the power of Grayskull goes back as far as the original Filmation series episode "The problem with power." What if He-Man is forced to kill someone but basically refuses to do so and gives up his power instead.
    This is EXACTLY how He-Man would react. His code would dictate that he would give up being He-Man rather than kill any sentient living thing.

On the other hand, Teela, while not a blood-thirsty monster, might not have that strict of a code and could possibly do what is necessary if the situation called for it.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Reading some of the comments here, some people really just care about their agenda being pushed into every already established and beloved franchise. The attention seeking is through the roof. I mean, wasn't there even a thread about how He-man should be gay?
    Good thing is, these folks can never take away goodness from the 80's 90's which already exists, change it to a complete **** show, yes but not erase the past (although in some cases you can see how Hollywood is really trying, star wars for instance)
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

What exact comments are you referring to here in this thread? I just re-read two pages here and don't see anybody pushing an agenda or attention seeking in any way. In fact, compared to most threads, I'd say folks for the most part have been respectfully expressing their thoughts on the subject of "Teela presumably being the protagonist of Revelations".
    Last edited by zodak74; March 25, 2020 at 08:18am.

It just sickens me how short sighted or prejudiced (remember: "Pre Judge) some "fans" are. I personally have my own "hot button" issues, (though only one really) but at least I have the insight and perspective that it is my problem, not something "wrong"' with the story teller's choices. Of course they are defended by arguing "I have a right to vent my opinion" but it is always suspect and super obvious how that isn't even the case given their opinions are uniformed, based on their own fears, projections, based on often nothing or very little. Then it is sustained by whatever is revealed to meet their own ideas of what this property should be, rather than take it for what it is.

That being said I digress. If Teela is the focus that's great. Particularly if they finally tell the story of how she discovers her ultimate destiny. That has been unresolved to my liking for too long. I think it is rife for exploration. I personally do not believe she is going to be the primary protagonist but I am actually cautiously excited to see that she is.

Side note (?) As a fan. A superfan. Like, I love the concept of Masters of the Universe and all that pertains to, I strive to accept, understand, and appreciate all the choices that are made. Sometimes it does take work. Less for me than others on this board from what I've read over...alot of years now. But even so, I work at it. Because I love Masters and I want to love masters. I see some people suggest that it is bad to be an appologist. Well, sometimes you should stretch yourself to understand the things you love. Defend the things you like. And if you do not like it, you are not a fan, if only of that specific thing, so why moan about how "wrong" it is? Debating the finer points of good/bad is fun, but we all know who those people are who are bound and determined to make every thread about how demonstrably bad something is regardless of anything else.

I do not see how that has a place here. If it turns out Teela is the main character, we all know how likely it is how ambushed every thread about it will be, how many new threads there will be started, to blather out hatred before anything is even ever seen. And then when it is seen, the blatant ignoring of anything of quality or merit that exists outside of their preconceived judgement there are and just cries of "it sucks, it's bad".

Hell, even if there are things bad about it, or it is overall pretty terrible, I know there will be something of merit inside of it. I had to work hard to get through the New Adventures. Though there was alot (alot) of things about that series that just...just *expletive deleted*, I forced myself to get through it and find what quality there was. And I found it. And overall I do like what they explored, the stories they told (even if the execution often left me cold) and the characters. Which is why I was so happy to see them in Classics. But also why I was not as sad about missing some of them in classics as real fans of the show.

So, here is to whatever it is. I think it is actually really exciting if Teela is the protagonist particularly if we already have a He Man lead show. The new stories and how this world can grow is super exciting. I hope they execute it well. And if they dont, I know they will at least interject ideas and characters that can be utilized more to our liking in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I do not see how that has a place here. If it turns out Teela is the main character, we all know how likely it is how ambushed every thread about it will be, how many new threads there will be started, to blather out hatred before anything is even ever seen. And then when it is seen, the blatant ignoring of anything of quality or merit that exists outside of their preconceived judgement there are and just cries of "it sucks, it's bad".
    Hmmm, it seems you've been visiting the early She-Ra and the Princesses of Power threads.

Widget
    Not really interested. The problem with these modern agenda driven shows/movies is that by and large they all end up being terrible.
    Leave he-man in the lead. He is a more interesting character than Teela and sticks to the shows promise of continuing where filmation left off.
    Id prefer they explore the B and C rate characters in more depth than more Teela (who is one of the over-saturated characters lately.)

While it's been debunked that Teela would take over for He-Man, a big part of Teela's plot line would eventually be taking over for the Sorceress. I'm wondering if she will be a huge focus of the story, and whoever put the rumor out got it confused. I don't think she'll take over for Adam as He-Man, but I do think she will have a huge part to play -- I'm assuming we'll get to see her achieve her destiny and take over for the Sorceress, and I personally can't wait to see how that plays out.
    Creator of the Chicago Horde
    {YouTube} {Instagram} {Twitter}

Quote Originally Posted by Mrskeletor View Post
    Not really interested. The problem with these modern agenda driven shows/movies is that by and large they all end up being terrible.
    Leave he-man in the lead. He is a more interesting character than Teela and sticks to the shows promise of continuing where filmation left off.
    Id prefer they explore the B and C rate characters in more depth than more Teela (who is one of the over-saturated characters lately.)
    Hmmm, I'm not sure that every female-led show/movie has to be agenda-driven.

Teela legitimately has a huge role to play in the continuing Filmation series. The original show hinted at very big things to come for her, and this new series is a perfect place to see it all happen.

He-Man will always be a big part of the show, but sometimes it's nice to see other mainline characters get their stories put front-and-center.

Think of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight movie... it IS a Batman movie, but an argument could be made that the Joker is the main character.

Right, well...for one I think it makes sense to have someone other then He-Man as the centre of the story. They were obviously going to choose someone young, so Teela makes the most sense.

But, I'm a gay dude...so my feelings on these matters are obviously going to be different as I don't see everything that includes female heroes or gay characters as 'agenda driven'...because I don't see my basic existence as an agenda...neither do women. It's just who we are. And when we are making entertainment it is likely to reflect our life, same as every other writer.

I had a 17 year old male tell me last year that woman are not funny, never have been & should stop trying. He was very incensed by humorous ladies!

I'm not surprised at any backlash to these things though. For men, heroics & humour are part of our 'peacocking'. These things are often done to impress the opposite sex. So when it comes to heroics & humour, what men want from women is an audience....not competition.

Heroic Warrior
    That should be how his story ends rather than starts.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk