Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1091

Thread: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I wonder if any of us will ever get to see, hear and enjoy live music again. I've only ever been to two concerts (The Bangles & Abby Travis and Belinda Carlisle & 1927) and would love to experience more live gigs. However, it has been amazing attending live shows online with Gretchen Peters and Suzy Bogguss recently (especially with Suzy's Inner Circle fan club which is awesome). Plus there's Bette Midler's Halloween Bash in two weeks.

I also hope to at least see Wonder Woman 1984 in cinemas in December hopefully.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Chris here...

First of all, Jack, I realise I'm massively late to the party but I'm very glad to hear that you're doing OK, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Gill View Post
    Has anyone else become depressed or lost interest in things in the months since this all started? I've lost interest in watching TV, for example.
    I have autism and suffer from clinical depression, and this year has seen a massive downturn in my overall mental health. One day back in the summer I'd made up my mind that I was going to "end it all" - luckily a friend of mine randomly chose that moment to text and that snapped me out of it. Antidepressants-wise, I'm drugged up to the eyeballs.

However, I am now doing a lot better, buoyed by my upcoming house move & relocation, which I see as a very positive step for the future. I'm even back able to read novels which I haven't been able to do for years!!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Gill View Post
    Has anyone else become depressed or lost interest in things in the months since this all started? I've lost interest in watching TV, for example.
    Since procrastination is already my default setting, I didn't notice much difference. I did do a few sketches the other day, but as usual they turned out pretty bad.

I did have in mind to tidy up and sort my LEGO collection so I could build some stuff, but ... there were too many pieces of various colours to sort, and so what used to be a "fun" activity seemed more like a chore. That said, I have finished around 80% of the sorting though.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

First of all, Jack, I realise I'm massively late to the party but I'm very glad to hear that you're doing OK, my friend.

I have autism and suffer from clinical depression, and this year has seen a massive downturn in my overall mental health. One day back in the summer I'd made up my mind that I was going to "end it all" - luckily a friend of mine randomly chose that moment to text and that snapped me out of it. Antidepressants-wise, I'm drugged up to the eyeballs.

However, I am now doing a lot better, buoyed by my upcoming house move & relocation, which I see as a very positive step for the future. I'm even back able to read novels which I haven't been able to do for years!!

Take care...
    Remember my friend and brother Chris, I am always here for you too if and when you need me.

I have many of the same issues you do (plus that seemingly never-ending cycle of hospital, surgeries and all the other unpleasantness that went with all that and from which I'm still recovering). I wanted to end things myself a while back but thanks to wonderful people like you, Kit, and other friends, I recovered from that mindset as well). I'm also on strong anti-depressants, pain-killers and antibiotics.

You should read the Disney Twisted Tales and Disney Villains books I told you about, I think you would love those. I've just finished Straight On Till Morning, Evil Thing, and The Beast Within, I'm almost finished Poor Unfortunate Soul and am about to start Reflection.

Plus my DVD's and music keep me entertained as well and I have my writing and editing, plus my sister and the kittens.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Master of New Adventures!
    Thanks for that, Chris.

Thinking of you and offering prayers, my friend.
    Chris here...

Take care...

Chris here...

Take care...
    I have the same illness as you, I have lost all hope of living right now. not to jump into their boat but I don't see any difference on living or dead.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Despite my positivity and enthusiasm, I too have often felt hopeless, depressed and like I didn't want to be here anymore. Quite recently actually given the last year and a half I've had, but what works for me is completely immersing and losing myself in my music, books and DVD's. I'm also fortunate to have my sister (who has many of the same maladies as me) and the kittens, and my writing and editing which I'm just getting back into despite a long hiatus caused by illness and depression.

Depression is such a difficult thing, I've been dealing with it for most of my adult life. My heart goes to all of you who are going through it, I know how hard it can be. Sending virtual hugs and wishing you all the best.
    My website (currently under construction)

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    Depression is such a difficult thing, I've been dealing with it for most of my adult life. My heart goes to all of you who are going through it, I know how hard it can be. Sending virtual hugs and wishing you all the best.
    Thanks Krugos, virtual hugs and best wishes to you in return.

Enjoy it fully and never take it for granted! It's been so many years since we had anything resembling "normal" here in Venezuela, things have become so bad that the Covid crisis is nowhere near the top of the list of our most concerning problems.
    Sorry to hear things are so rough, mate. I definitely don't take my adopted country for granted; I love it here, and as someone who lived in the UK for their first forty years,emigrating to New Zealand seven years ago was hands-down one of the best decisions I ever made. Talking to my parents back in the UK and knowing the mess they're in has just made me ever more grateful I made the decision to get out.

Colin

Chris here...

Thanks everyone for all the lovely messages - and my apologies, I didn't mean to worry anyone with my post above! As I say, touch wood (and despite the best efforts of the ongoing Covid pandemic) I am now in a much better place than I was back in the summer - although I shall still be pleased to see the back of 2020!!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Chris here...

Thanks everyone for all the lovely messages - and my apologies, I didn't mean to worry anyone with my post above! As I say, touch wood (and despite the best efforts of the ongoing Covid pandemic) I am now in a much better place than I was back in the summer - although I shall still be pleased to see the back of 2020!!

Take care...
    My crystal ball tells me 2021 will be a much better year! What, did you think I only used my broom for sweeping????

Today my stress level peaked like hell in the office, people were aware of my change of attitude, didn't meant to scare them but time to time all of these news with no silver lining sure reached my boiling point.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

I'm just glad I finally had my surgery stitches removed today, hopefully that means the beginning of the end for my year and a half medical nightmare. I still have the pain, but it's better than all of the other horrible things that went with it. I'm still waiting for the fracture in my foot to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinChapman View Post
    Sorry to hear things are so rough, mate. I definitely don't take my adopted country for granted; I love it here, and as someone who lived in the UK for their first forty years,emigrating to New Zealand seven years ago was hands-down one of the best decisions I ever made. Talking to my parents back in the UK and knowing the mess they're in has just made me ever more grateful I made the decision to get out.

Colin
    Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad to hear you're happy with your adopted country, New Zealand looks indeed like a wonderful place to live.

Chris here...

Take care...
    Glad to know you're doing better now than back in the summer, I hope things keep improving.

And I agree with you, 2020 can't end soon enough! Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Today my stress level peaked like hell in the office, people were aware of my change of attitude, didn't meant to scare them but time to time all of these news with no silver lining sure reached my boiling point.
    Sorry you're having a hard time, Fendi, if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to send me a message, I may not be of much help but sometimes we just need to take out what we have inside and someone to listen. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I'm just glad I finally had my surgery stitches removed today, hopefully that means the beginning of the end for my year and a half medical nightmare. I still have the pain, but it's better than all of the other horrible things that went with it. I'm still waiting for the fracture in my foot to heal.
    That's great news! I'm glad the worse part is already left behind and I hope your fracture will heal quickly and the pain subsides.

Thanks again my new friend Krugos. It still hurts to walk or even stand, but I do my best to cope and remain positive.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing online puzzles is a great way to keep your mind sharp and be entertained, I do these puzzles every day.

https://lovattspuzzles.com/online-puzzles-competitions/

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Thanks again my new friend Krugos. It still hurts to walk or even stand, but I do my best to cope and remain positive.
    That's the spirit!

That's the spirit!
    Unfortunately the pain in my feet is back with a vengeance.

Still trying to keep tne positivity though.

Like Bette Midler said (universally about any bad situation really): "I refuse to let them get me, I refuse. They're not going to bring me down, they're not. It's a fight to the death, it's a fight to the death every damn day."

Well... both my grandmother and brother have now contracted COVID. My grandmother has come out of the worst of it and seems fine (thankfully), but brother is having chills, fever, etc... They're both in Illinois where they are currently having a surge in cases. Stay safe out there everyone... It will sneak up on you.

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Well... both my grandmother and brother have now contracted COVID. My grandmother has come out of the worst of it and seems fine (thankfully), but brother is having chills, fever, etc... They're both in Illinois where they are currently having a surge in cases. Stay safe out there everyone... It will sneak up on you.

-Johnny C
    Hopefully they will be fine. My mother (70's) and Father in Law (80's) contracted it a few weeks ago and are fine now. They described their symptoms as a "mild flu". Both were in good health prior and have fully recovered.

I'm seeing and hearing of more and more cases in my friends and family circle but all with mild symptoms and no negative after effects. I feel like that is actually making people less cautious.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Heroic Warrior
    i have had several friends here in the uk contract the virus. my partners grandmothers passed and my 93 y/o grandmother contracted the virus but recovered. there has been an outbreak at my sons school this week. we do everything we can to minimise our risk to the virus but it seems that a lot of people simply do not care. my mother was ridiculed for wearing a mask by a group of mums in a shopping centre.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    i have had several friends here in the uk contract the virus. my partners grandmothers passed and my 93 y/o grandmother contracted the virus but recovered. there has been an outbreak at my sons school this week. we do everything we can to minimise our risk to the virus but it seems that a lot of people simply do not care. my mother was ridiculed for wearing a mask by a group of mums in a shopping centre.
    The people that donít care are prolonging this. Ridiculing someone for trying to protect themselves and their families is complete and utter nonsense
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

First time record in history: 1,228 new cases in Malaysia on Friday/Saturday. after having conditional lockdown from March 15 to May 5? in October alone we managed to surpass January-September numbers. Woohoooo,

Yes I'm slowly losing my sanity

We have been back to in-person teaching for two weeks now, and as a whole, our district has done exceptionally well with COVID cases...

That said, I just found out that our school has reported one positive case last week. The student has been in quarantine and nobody else from the class has tested positive, but it still feels like walking on pins and needles as we are teaching both virtually and in-person. (A monumental task considering the learning time that was lost in the spring on top of the general stress of the current worldwide events taking place...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    We have been back to in-person teaching for two weeks now, and as a whole, our district has done exceptionally well with COVID cases...

That said, I just found out that our school has reported one positive case last week. The student has been in quarantine and nobody else from the class has tested positive, but it still feels like walking on pins and needles as we are teaching both virtually and in-person. (A monumental task considering the learning time that was lost in the spring on top of the general stress of the current worldwide events taking place...)
    Glad to hear that.
    I am Imp's number one fan.