Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,226 to 1,239 of 1239

Thread: Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Iím going to have to try and aim for having the second one on a friday again then if it can give you more after effects

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    The UK updated the list of people who should be shielding earlier in the week, I got put on the list and had my vaccine yesterday afternoon, I donít know if itís coincidental or not but iíve felt absolutely battered since then, my dad said he felt the same after he had his though.
    My wife got hers and she felt beat up for a few days as well as a constant small headache. Went away after about 5 days.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Master of New Adventures!
    I haven't had my second shot yet, but imo it's a relatively small price to pay in return for the benefits. I'm glad she recovered from it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    My wife got hers and she felt beat up for a few days as well as a constant small headache. Went away after about 5 days.

Heroic Warrior
    Well over here in the UK we have just had the government announcement that we are beginning to come out of lockdown. Schools are going back on March 8th and we should be out of lockdown by April 12th.
    I for one have my reservations about coming out of lockdown. Iím quite a home person and have not struggled with being in lockdown. I lost my job due to the pandemic and now have the stress of looking for employment, and this is difficult to find a job that I want to do with my mental health issues. I will be looking for work I can do remotely from home. But Iím glad that my friends and family will be able to visit and spend time together.

Master of New Adventures!

Enough is enough

Well it's been three weeks since I had my first Pfizer vaccination. All of my research indicates that I should have about an 85% immunity level at this point. My second vaccination is on March 6th, but I just can't take the isolation anymore. Feels like we're on house arrest or getting cabin fever. The infection rate has dropped precipitously in our county as well, so Kim and I have decided to take a calculated risk and go out for dinner and then drinks this evening. Of course we'll mask going into the restaurant and the bar and we'll maintain social distancing. But there comes a point that enough is enough.

Wish us luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Well it's been three weeks since I had my first Pfizer vaccination. All of my research indicates that I should have about an 85% immunity level at this point. My second vaccination is on March 6th, but I just can't take the isolation anymore. Feels like we're on house arrest or getting cabin fever. The infection rate has dropped precipitously in our county as well, so Kim and I have decided to take a calculated risk and go out for dinner and then drinks this evening. Of course we'll mask going into the restaurant and the bar and we'll maintain social distancing. But there comes a point that enough is enough.

Wish us luck...
    Same, after my mom died I have anxiety living alone, like a prison with cabin fever. I have to go out and meet my relative to ease my pain.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I got the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today.
    That's cool! If you are OK with it, I'd be very interested in hearing if you have any side effects from it. Most everyone I know has been getting the Moderna shot because of it's availability.

I do know two people that got the Pfizer and neither had much side effect from the initial shot but they both ran high fevers after receiving the second shot.

I'm on the Zocdoc waiting list to receive my first shot. I was going to wait but it seems work is going to need me to travel in the next few months and they'd prefer if I was vaccinated. The Zocdoc appointments go fast!
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

My wife and I got our first doses of Pfizer yesterday, too. So far nothing too report other than a sore arm. I was a little sleepy yesterday afternoon but that might just have been coincidence.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    That's cool! If you are OK with it, I'd be very interested in hearing if you have any side effects from it. Most everyone I know has been getting the Moderna shot because of it's availability.

I do know two people that got the Pfizer and neither had much side effect from the initial shot but they both ran high fevers after receiving the second shot.

I'm on the Zocdoc waiting list to receive my first shot. I was going to wait but it seems work is going to need me to travel in the next few months and they'd prefer if I was vaccinated. The Zocdoc appointments go fast!
    I'll certainly let Adam speak for himself and share his own experience, but I am also happy to share mine as well.

I received both vaccines from Moderna. After the first, I had a sore arm for a day or 2. After the second, I had chills and aches and a bit of a fever for about 12 hours. I finally took an Advil after about 11 hours and I was completely fine shortly after. I'll also throw out there that taking any NSAIDS just BEFORE the vaccine is not good as the anti-inflammatory properties may cause reduced efficacy, but it is said by medical professionals that taking them a few hours after is fine.

I was reading some fascinating articles on the vaccine (both Pfizer and Moderna) and they were explaining how the mRNA technology work. Apparently the first injection serves to basically "tickle" your immune system and tells it to prepare for this sort of infection. Then the introduction of the second vaccine puts the preparation to work, thus the immune response that causes fever aches and such. So the side effects actually mean that the vaccine is working like it is supposed to. The technology is quite stunning and I'm once again awed by what modern science can do.

Wishing you all luck and health!!

-Johnny C

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Just a sore arm for about 24 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    My wife and I got our first doses of Pfizer yesterday, too. So far nothing too report other than a sore arm. I was a little sleepy yesterday afternoon but that might just have been coincidence.
    I was a little sleepy that day too, but I had a busy day, so I was not sure if it was just a coincidence.

Heroic Warrior
    Me and my 11yo are the only ones in my family who havenít had our vaccines, Iím just waiting for the call from our local surgery. My son returns to school on Tuesday and is going to be tested twice a week for the first month back at school. Iím so excited not to be homeschooling as it ended today. Over the last few months itís been exhausting and feel for every parent out there doing it. Plus Iíve had to remember maths science and English things I havenít really used for school.
    My boy asked why he needed to learn certain functions for maths I said youíre not going to walk around with a calculator in your pocket are you. He promptly waved his iPhone at me and said yeah pretty much I am. Cheeky little s*#t

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Me and my 11yo are the only ones in my family who havenít had our vaccines, Iím just waiting for the call from our local surgery. My son returns to school on Tuesday and is going to be tested twice a week for the first month back at school. Iím so excited not to be homeschooling as it ended today. Over the last few months itís been exhausting and feel for every parent out there doing it. Plus Iíve had to remember maths science and English things I havenít really used for school.
    My boy asked why he needed to learn certain functions for maths I said youíre not going to walk around with a calculator in your pocket are you. He promptly waved his iPhone at me and said yeah pretty much I am. Cheeky little s*#t
    They repeatedly tried to get the ok from parents in my sons school to test them daily. Vote did not even come close to passing.
    And lol thatís such a little kid answer
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

My dad just got his vaccine yesterday. Was feeling good since then but today was complaining of tiredness, running a very mild temperature, and said he had a headache. He already had the disease itself and did all right, so I'm hoping this is just a reaction the the vaccine and his normal daily grind dealing with his livestock.
    I am Imp's number one fan.