Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Classics - Video Wishlist Series

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    This Masters of the Universe Classics Wishlist series video features Scrollos...

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Yes he total deserves a figure so many existing parts could be used to make this figure, shame it never happened hoping for the best

Scrollos needs to happen!
    Last edited by danielsan52; May 26, 2020 at 07:18pm.
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Scrollos needs to happen! Iím
    AGREED! We need Scrollos included. I have 2 year old, a 5 year old, and 7 year old. They LOVE my classics, but hate my vintage. I was a little worried that they would fight over my SDCC 2 pack....but they don't. My 7 year old asked me if they just took old toys and put them in new packaging?

I don't see Origins going anywhere near as deep as classics, and at this point, the majority of classics are either deep cuts or obscure variants (with the exception of SB She-Ra, and Filmation looks)

There were enough people willing to pay 40-50 bucks for classics at S7, Mattel should just let that go. I can understand how they might think the marketing would interfere with Origins, but it absolutely won't. My kids and I still want about 50 figures or so, and I was really hoping to get Scrollos...I really Mattel to be reading this....
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    target audiences for both lines should not interfere. However, the Classics hiatus is beyond that. Someone in the forums (sorry I don't remember who he was) explained that what marketing is looking for is "cleaning the desks", and this is the meaning of it: if you google for "Masters of the Universe toys", most likely you will get many images of these Classics good looking figures, but marketing wants Origins results instead, so they shut down Classics so that their new line ranks higher in searches.

While that strategy can work to some extent, I don't think it will be so effective, because Classics has been so inspiring, because of the sculpting tenabling a lot of scene/landscape pics that look so beautiful and reallistic, because of the realistic (opposed to cartoony or retro) look of the figures, also this line has been the delight of customizers, and we get a bunch of results showing wonderful customs when we search for MOTU figures.

... Or maybe if they definitely shut down Classics for a long long time they will really clean the desks, and Origins will shine. Unfair but practical.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    I know I'm late to the party, but I watched Twiggets, Lady Slither, and Sharella on my lunch hour and thoroughly enjoyed them! I thought I was pretty up to speed on all three of them, but I didn't know (or maybe just didn't remember) some of the MOTUC comic lore they gave to Sharella to connect her to the Green Goddess. On a slightly related note: will the Org ever be able to have the scans for the Motuc mini-comics in their archives? I have the ones that are included in the collected minicomic book, and probably own most of the rest, but they're still in package. While I like that they exist, I always found it frustrating that they would include them IN PACKAGE for a line that many buyers kept MOC. Why not just include them loose like they did the maps? Anyway, I'm getting off-topic...

Twiggets were my most wanted remaining figure and probably the only true "hole" that I feel in my collection. Although, I don't "need" them like I do Twiggets, I still would have considered Lady Slither or Sharella a "selling point" of any future wave.

I noticed the 2018 poll has been mentioned numerous time: was that the only time a poll like that was done? I remember doing a large, multipart poll like that every week or so at one point, but I thought it was well before 2018. I remember you and others had got together pictures of ALL the characters so people would have visual aids to help them while voting. I'll have to see if I can track them down to help me reminisce.

I might have missed it, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned Illumina and Sleetah in this thread. I was kind of surprised to see Illumina was dead last on the poll; about a decade ago there was a pretty vocal push for her. There were Illumina Days and I know that tons of people did various art, figure models, and customs for her. I know for a while Mattel was pretty cagey about the character and acted like they couldn't do her, but I also know that she was eventually included in a minicomic, so I'm guessing there ultimately wasn't anything to that party line. I'm sure you're probably in the know about a lot of that stuff; it would make a great video!

I don't remember who it was, but someone around the time of those initial polls was a really big advocate for Shezar, and he/she sold a lot of us on the character. I don't really remember her backstory (aka the one story she was in, lol), but I loved her look. I think for a lot of us it was a similar thing to what you described in your Lady Slither video: it was just a really cool character design that fit with Masters. The fact that she actually had established lore cred made her even cooler.

While he apparently wasn't the most popular of the create a character runner ups, I always loved Bubblor too! I'd love to see him in classics!

Ok, everytime I write about a character, I think about another, so I'm just going to stop now...

Anyway, I look forward to watching the rest of these videos and any more that may be forthcoming!
    Last edited by Sword2Blanket; May 27, 2020 at 04:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    target audiences for both lines should not interfere. However, the Classics hiatus is beyond that. Someone in the forums (sorry I don't remember who he was) explained that what marketing is looking for is "cleaning the desks", and this is the meaning of it: if you google for "Masters of the Universe toys", most likely you will get many images of these Classics good looking figures, but marketing wants Origins results instead, so they shut down Classics so that their new line ranks higher in searches.
    My thoughts exactly and not far from the truth
    We as fans love Classics, but MOTU needs to be more that just an adult collectible line, I'm sure we'll see the unreleased figures somehow, via Power Con exclusives or other Cons, there's just something special about Classics not even Matty can deny it, it helped keeping the franchise alive when nothing was planned with no concrete media news, building an ideal bridge between the 200x failed relaunch (which I absolutely liked by any means) and the new Netflix shows (possibly a 2nd live action)

I'm very optimistic MOTUC return
    you know what? we could even get a reboot line maybe not with S7 but with a new company? Neca? Funko? who knows what future holds
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Being a UK fan Scrollos is very high on my want list and I think he would make a great figure.
    The UK comics were so influential on me growing up, even more so than the Filmation series. Getting those new stories every two weeks featuring the latest MOTU figures was just such a treat.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I noticed the 2018 poll has been mentioned numerous time: was that the only time a poll like that was done?
    I believe they were also done in 2014 and 2016, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    Illumina and Sleetah
    Shezar
    Bubblor
    Ok, everytime I write about a character, I think about another, so I'm just going to stop now...
    All of those are VERY much on my radar.

The newest Masters of the Universe Classics Wishlist video features Kayo aka Tatarus...

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

First: Your video series is NOT A LOST CAUSE!!!! Keep them going!!

Second: Thank you for featuring yet, another New Adventures character, and this time one who I am still amazed was not part of MOTUC back in 2010-2011.

Kayo would be my fourth most requested behind Hoove, Spinwit, and Sagitar!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    First: Your video series is NOT A LOST CAUSE!!!!
    Seconded!

I look forward to these every week and would definitely miss them if they went away!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    The hint is there in the video while I'm talking about it.
    I just rewatched it then....a) I can't believe I missed it the first time around and b) AAAAAAAARRRGH! Knowing that he was SO close to coming makes me incredibly sad.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Wanted in MOTUO: 1) Tri-Klops 2) Dragon Blaster Skeletor

Kayo i felt like was the most boring of the unmade NA characters but he is still one of the most important characters we need, great video as always Penny!

Kayo is my most wanted Galactic Protector and one of my most want over all figures!
    My main concern with Kayo is has has so much skin showing I don't want the shiny skin issue that has plagued the Super7 figures. The movie He-Man doesn't have this so hopefully we're passed that issues if we get more figures.
    Its funny you should say his helmet looks like a American Football players helmet, as I child I always thought it looked like a Roman Gladiators helmet.
    Kayo featured so much in the UK comics but rarely wore his helmet (because the style guide picture didn't have his helmet) so and second helmetless head would be essential. I'd also buy a second one to paint his arms blue like in the style guide and his UK comic appearances.

If we could only get one more Galactic Protector I want it to be Kayo so we could complete this line up from the mini-comics:

photo HM_GG_zps9396a7a7.jpg

Wanted:

The newest Masters of the Universe Classics Wishlist video features Kayo aka Tatarus...
    Keep on with your the wishlist... it's great.

I found a little mistake... Kayo (Tatarus) was not featured in the German Interpart/Condor comics, but in the German Ehapa comics... currently they are wrongly assigned to 'Interpart/Conder' in the He-Man.org archives. I will correct this.

Their stories were also translated in English by London Editions Magazines).

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Keep on with your the wishlist... it's great.

I found a little mistake... Kayo (Tatarus) was not featured in the German Interpart/Condor comics, but in the German Ehapa comics... currently they are wrongly assigned to 'Interpart/Conder' in the He-Man.org archives. I will correct this.

Their stories were also translated in English by London Editions Magazines).
    Aha, you know I had a feeling that was the case. I kept thinking, "this artwork looks way more like Ehapa," and I knew they translated those stories for the UK London Editions comics, but I kept it as Interpart-Condor in my narration because that's how they were listed. Thanks for the heads up on that!

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I love these videos, and I can't wait to watch the new ones. Hopefully Melog is in an up-and-coming video.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    You are my hero, with all these characters from New Adventures, needed to be included.
    You see as a fan of Masters from the beginning, I was majorly let down when New Adventures characters started showing up in toy shelves.
    Classics comes into effect and the horsemen sculpts completely changed the feel and look of each of these characters. They made them feel like they belonged in masters. So I felt that all these guys and gals should be included. Nice video, and Kayo is definitely a must have, please bring the Classics back!!!!

Great Video

NA desparately needs to their due in Masters of the Universe Classics. They have been some the best 4H sculpts, and it was good to get some more human-like characters and mutant bad guys.

These videos are great Penny D. Keep on keeping on . . .
    Last edited by Alexxandar; June 5, 2020 at 12:18pm.
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Hunga the Harpy, Admiral Scurvy, Skytree, Songster and new heads for Double Trouble and Leech.

This Masters of the Universe Classics Wishlist video features Melaktha...

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome! I've wanted this guy forever! I would have taken him in either Club Grayskull or Collectors' Choice at the end.
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Purple Masks of Power Demon 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)

I would love to see a Melaktha and Stanlan 2-Pack!

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Watched the video! Support thread for the 3-Pack started!

Virginia, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Watched the video! Support thread for the 3-Pack started!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I would love to see a Melaktha and Stanlan 2-Pack!

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20151231210820
    Combine both idea and make it a 4 pack

Melaktha
    Scrollos
    Songster
    Stanlan

Also pack in any artifacts that have any connection to these characters from the various media.
    I need help selling some items. look for my listing in the Miscellaneous Marketplace Forum. Important details in thread

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties and comics. My YouTube Channel titled: Feb Mon
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCr-M2kh33ALM2nEzcKZKNKQ

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Regarding this hypothetical but nonetheless amazing 3pack mentioned in the video, I must say that I was amused about the functionnal correlation between the three of them, it's really working: an archeologist, two narrators, you get the picture!
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; June 24, 2020 at 05:46am.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Despite being in my favourite Filmation episode 'The Cat and the Spider' Melaktha has never been a major want of mine, though I'd definitely admit he deserves to be made. Like a lot of the Filmation characters he's just too plain for me.
    I've been saying for years, give him some silver MAA armor so we 'warriorize' him. The armor would be removable so you can display him as he appeared in Filmation as well. This silver armor can also be used on your existing MAA figure to make the Serpent Claw MAA variant.

Wanted: