Thread: Storing your figures?

Storing your figures?

I'm using some of my work from home/pandemic quarantine time to take care of some long lingering projects. I want to pack up my figures properly once and for all. What kind of bags would you guys recommend?

Sounds tricky to me, Hachiman.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Mine are stuffed in a pair of plastic bags at the bottom of my toy box . Everything except dry rot is taken care of .

I had to put away my classics collection sadly till we buy another home in the future. I bough some of the soft style shoe separators for storage. I wrapped each individual figure in foam sheets and then bundled a few per each slot. It came out nicely and I'm able to keep them under a bed in the house without worrying about temperature damage.
    "...we can't defeat the most divisive President in modern American history by tearing down anybody who doesn't agree with us 100% of the time," - Pete Buttigieg

Before I put them in storage, I bagged everything in archival grade, acid-free mylar comic bags. Bigger stuff went in Treasury/Life Magazine size bags. It was far cheaper than purchasing the equivalent action figure bags.

The advantage that I see in doing it this way, aside from cost, is that the figures aren't bagged up air tight, which is what you want to avoid with ziplock-style bags. No matter what you choose, keep them away from extreme heat or cold and you should be fine.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=Night Stalker;3877873]Before I put them in storage, I bagged everything in archival grade, acid-free mylar comic bags. Bigger stuff went in Treasury/Life Magazine size bags. It was far cheaper than purchasing the equivalent action figure bags.

The advantage that I see in doing it this way, aside from cost, is that the figures aren't bagged up air tight, which is what you want to avoid with ziplock-style bags. No matter what you choose, keep them away from extreme heat or cold and you should be fine.

I recommend on a shelf where you can see and enjoy them ,
    Life is too short to store them out of sight

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    Before I put them in storage, I bagged everything in archival grade, acid-free mylar comic bags. Bigger stuff went in Treasury/Life Magazine size bags. It was far cheaper than purchasing the equivalent action figure bags.

I have some MOC figures in cases in fairly sealed plastic totes. I have wondered if that is the best way to store them or not. I do have them in a temperature controlled room I keep dark with UV protection shade on the window, though.

Heroic Warrior

Can you direct us in where you got these bags? I have over 20 thousand spent on 25th modern Joe's and have then in zip locks snack bags in a 106 qt totes. Never knew where to get these special bags so used snack bags.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=ninjor 9;3877971]

I recommend on a shelf where you can see and enjoy them ,
    Life is too short to store them out of sight
    So these are just the regular/standard comic bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk