Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 71 of 71

Thread: Corona Stimulus Payday

  1. #51
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,497
    It's great that so many people are looking at the stimulus check as extra money. I'm going to lose a LOT of money due to the shut-down, so this stimulus check helps fill that hole a little bit for me, but it is not extra cash at all.

    I'm also bummed that my 18-year-old daughter and 20-year-old son will not get ANYTHING from the stimulus bill even though they both work and go to school! How does it make sense that parents get $500 for dependents less than 17 years old but not over that? And that an independent can work just a little and get $1200? My 18 and 20-year old probably cost us more in energy and food than our 16 year old does, but we don't get something for them, nor do they.

    I'm hoping there will be another stimulus bill that will fix that big gaping hole in this plan. I read that it affected something like 20 million college students that will not receive a dime, nor will their parents. But my brother in law with three little boys will get $500 for each. Ugh. OK rant over. Thanks!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  2. #52
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    It's great that so many people are looking at the stimulus check as extra money. I'm going to lose a LOT of money due to the shut-down, so this stimulus check helps fill that hole a little bit for me, but it is not extra cash at all.

    I'm also bummed that my 18-year-old daughter and 20-year-old son will not get ANYTHING from the stimulus bill even though they both work and go to school! How does it make sense that parents get $500 for dependents less than 17 years old but not over that? And that an independent can work just a little and get $1200? My 18 and 20-year old probably cost us more in energy and food than our 16 year old does, but we don't get something for them, nor do they.

    I'm hoping there will be another stimulus bill that will fix that big gaping hole in this plan. I read that it affected something like 20 million college students that will not receive a dime, nor will their parents. But my brother in law with three little boys will get $500 for each. Ugh. OK rant over. Thanks!
    I am sorry you are losing income. I definitely thank God daily for my husband's job. Thankfully we knew he could work remotely because he had to for five months when I was injured and had to learn to walk again. I hope you will not get offended by me saying that I will include you and your family in my prayers.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  3. #53
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,443
    Ours hit over night.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  4. #54
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    It's great that so many people are looking at the stimulus check as extra money. I'm going to lose a LOT of money due to the shut-down, so this stimulus check helps fill that hole a little bit for me, but it is not extra cash at all.

    I'm also bummed that my 18-year-old daughter and 20-year-old son will not get ANYTHING from the stimulus bill even though they both work and go to school! How does it make sense that parents get $500 for dependents less than 17 years old but not over that? And that an independent can work just a little and get $1200? My 18 and 20-year old probably cost us more in energy and food than our 16 year old does, but we don't get something for them, nor do they.

    I'm hoping there will be another stimulus bill that will fix that big gaping hole in this plan. I read that it affected something like 20 million college students that will not receive a dime, nor will their parents. But my brother in law with three little boys will get $500 for each. Ugh. OK rant over. Thanks!
    That did seem a rather big oversight, especially considering how hard it is to make it through college while working. To my knowledge colleges aren't refunding tuition and such instead moving to online courses which can be an unwelcome additional expense if you're not set up for it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Mine is now being processed by my bank... and I just got a flood of spam emails advertising all the "best" ways to spend it.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    350
    Two of my brothers and my friend all got theirs this morning. Iím still waiting for mine. My friend though is married with 3 kids and was supposed to get $3900 but had $999 deposited. Who knows how long it will take to get that corrected
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  6. #56

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,373
    Found mine waiting for me today. Was shocked as all heck. Didn’t think it was really going to happen and wasn’t sure if I even qualified so didn’t bother looking into the details. Didn’t know today was the day either. My daughter had looked into to it deeply and knew exactly what we were going to be getting apparently and she was spot on. I just logged in to my bank account this morning to pay a bill and there it was.

    I’ve actually been working through so far and getting a little extra hazard pay so I don’t need the money for regular bills. Hate to be boring but this it going right at my daughters college loan. Every little bit helps. I swear I used to be rock star. Now, not so much.

  8. #58
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I am sorry you are losing income. I definitely thank God daily for my husband's job. Thankfully we knew he could work remotely because he had to for five months when I was injured and had to learn to walk again. I hope you will not get offended by me saying that I will include you and your family in my prayers.
    Icey, I would not get offended at all! Thank you! But, honestly, we will be ok. While the income I am losing due to the shut down is substantial, we can make do with my base salary. It's just that I cannot do all the extra jobs I normally do. We have to make sacrifices for luxury items (no more action figures for awhile!), but we will get by.

    Many people have it far worse that I do. I'm glad your husband has a good job. You're a good person.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    3,125
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Icey, I would not get offended at all! Thank you! But, honestly, we will be ok. While the income I am losing due to the shut down is substantial, we can make do with my base salary. It's just that I cannot do all the extra jobs I normally do. We have to make sacrifices for luxury items (no more action figures for awhile!), but we will get by.

    Many people have it far worse that I do. I'm glad your husband has a good job. You're a good person.
    Awww, thanks! I try
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  10. #60
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    20,306
    We owed last year and paid by check so the government doesnít have our bank info. We also moved and we did forward our mail. However when we try to update our info on the website the IRS canít find us. It will be months before we get anything, if they find us.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

    Smile like you mean it.

  11. #61
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    65
    Corona stimulus money is going to come real handy the last week of this month or on the 1st of May where I really need to get a new lawnmower for this summer.

    That and go shopping next week.Not only that but my nephew is having his Senior graduation ceremony as a drive by thing in his hometown. A good reason why ill be doing my shopping at that time anyway.

  12. #62
    Pillar of the Community hadley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Kennesaw, GA
    Posts
    8,952
    Mine came in the other day. It freed up some debt capacity which is going to be sorely needed - my central air conditioning has croaked, and that is necessary for survival here in Georgia!

  13. #63
    Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN.
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Mine came in the other day. It freed up some debt capacity which is going to be sorely needed - my central air conditioning has croaked, and that is necessary for survival here in Georgia!
    Yes it is. I might be in Indiana but I was raised in Acworth Georgia and lived there until I moved to San Francisco in 2001 (yeah I been around lol) My Dad lives in Georgia still (Woodstock).
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

    I'm Bacccck!

  14. #64
    Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Berkeley, Ca
    Posts
    1,866
    Still haven't gotten mine =( And the message I get from the IRS website says something generic like "We don't know why", lol

  15. #65
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,443
    We used a tiny bit of ours to push through a refinance on our Jetta, but much of it hasn't been touched yet.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  16. #66
    Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN.
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Still haven't gotten mine =( And the message I get from the IRS website says something generic like "We don't know why", lol
    I haven't either. Looks like mine will be in May. SSI and vets are early May ('m on ssi). SS disability and i think railroad benefits people will be late april (so prob next week). Paper checks start out next week and continue til september i think.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

    I'm Bacccck!

  17. #67
    Not my Tempo Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,181
    Mine didn't get through by online banking as my old bank account are shut down and unavailable. since the movement order are extended It's going to take a while to grab the cash at the bank.

    Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

  18. #68
    Friend of fox Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    2,231
    This is cool. In our country we did not received any stimulus or bonus because of current situation, which is complicated as some relatives are loosing their jobs and family are the first to lend them a hand
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

    My feedback thread

  19. #69
    Heroic Warrior MJOLNIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    That did seem a rather big oversight, especially considering how hard it is to make it through college while working. To my knowledge colleges aren't refunding tuition and such instead moving to online courses which can be an unwelcome additional expense if you're not set up for it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Mine is now being processed by my bank... and I just got a flood of spam emails advertising all the "best" ways to spend it.
    That may depend on the school. I just got a check for about 1/4 of the semesterís tuition from my daughterís college. It seems to be prorated for the remaining room and board cost for the rest of the semester. The school has switched to classes online for the kids to get their credits for the Semester. So they kept all of the money for the courses, they just refunded the money for the kid actually being housed and fed there. Iíve been fortunate to be working through this mess so I threw the check right back at the college loan to knock it down a bit. The sooner itís paid off the sooner I can retire.

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior Brasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Grove, NY
    Posts
    350
    I got mine finally. Was going to buy my kids a swingset for the backyard since we canít take them to playgrounds but wouldnít you know it everyone is sold out. So bummed
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

  21. #71
    Not my Tempo Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    3,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Mine didn't get through by online banking as my old bank account are shut down and unavailable. since the movement order are extended It's going to take a while to grab the cash at the bank.
    I got my stimulus money, I paid for my car battery and my debt on my mother repairing my room door, I lost like 360 MYR and only 140 MYR left for me for the whole month.

    Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •