Thread: Can Anybody here read Hindi? Found some Hindi MOTU comics online

Widget

Can Anybody here read Hindi? Found some Hindi MOTU comics online

What up folks. I found this old blog with a few MOTU comics in Hindi:

http://hindigarthcomics.blogspot.com...-universe.html

I don't recognize the comic on the page above, however it's possibly a reprint of a story that was originally in English, as the sound effects are in English (Bam! Pow! And so on.) However on other pages the sound effects are drawn in Hindi. One of the wizards that fights He-man looks like the old Thulsa Doom figure from the Remco toyline.

There also look to be some mini-comics on the site (in different months) that came with the figures, that have re-drawn covers.

Can anybody translate?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello folks,

So after some more googling, I also found a place online where one could buy these comics, if you wanted. Most of them look like reprints of the mini-comics we got in English, but there's also some that I don't recognize there. I think the prices are Rupees? That would make them less than a dollar each, unless I'm reading that wrong.

http://www.diamondcomicsindia.in/add....aspx?GetId=60

Looks like the minicomics from the toys in hindi language?

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Great Find!!

I love the art in those comics. I will be ordering some tonight! It does look like the price will be a little over a dollar. Maybe they make up for it with shipping. Thanks for posting.

Widget
    Here are some images of the scans from the file labeled HEMAN [VARIOUS TALES]
    So they don't look like reprints of the American Minicomics to me. Are they reprints of some other English Language comic? Some of them have the sound effects drawn out in English, which leads me to believe they may be. Others have sound effects in Hindi (at least, I think this is Hindi? It could be some other language from the Indian Subcontient.)

Also it looks like these pages are not all the same story, but multiple stories put together.

Any ideas?

He-Man Diamond Comics (India)#4

He-Man Diamond Comics (India) #5

- - - Updated - - -

Some more scans. It looks like he's fighting Faker here, maybe? The colors used for some of the characters is a bit off model and confusing in a few of these, but generally you can tell who is who. Also I think some of the pages are out of order here?

This one is titled "Within these walls," which makes me think it's a reprint of an English comic. Maybe from the UK magazine or something?

He-man Diamond Comics (India) #25

Last edited by hawanja; April 11, 2020 at 02:14am.

Panthor at Point Dread Old Bolty-Neck's Avatar
    Thanks for posting those scans, hawanja! That's really cool stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by hawanja View Post
    This one is titled "Within these walls," which makes me think it's a reprint of an English comic. Maybe from the UK magazine or something?
    DC Comics' three-issue miniseries. Issue 3, specifically. Here's the English-language comic:
    https://www.he-man.org/publishing/it...88&image=13918

I wish I could read the one titled "Springtime for Skeletor." I'd love to know whether it's got any more Mel Brooks references, or is it just the title
    Of course there are more important things than toys, cartoons, movies, comics, and so forth. That's obviously true. I assume this is an understanding shared by everyone here, and that therefore my participation in a discussion thread is not interpreted as a sign that I am lacking in the aforementioned understanding. Thank you for observing that courtesy.

My Mega Construx gallery

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by hawanja View Post
    Here are some images of the scans from the file labeled HEMAN [VARIOUS TALES]
    So they don't look like reprints of the American Minicomics to me. Are they reprints of some other English Language comic? Some of them have the sound effects drawn out in English, which leads me to believe they may be. Others have sound effects in Hindi (at least, I think this is Hindi? It could be some other language from the Indian Subcontient.)

Also it looks like these pages are not all the same story, but multiple stories put together.

Any ideas?
    Different stories.

From UK comics (where Art was done by spanish illustrators) and DC Comics miniseries.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!