View Poll Results: In what situation has the COVID-19 pandemic put you?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am still going to work / school like normal.

8 29.63%
  • I have been working extra shifts because of COVID-19.

1 3.70%
  • I am now working / learning from home.

13 48.15%
  • I am not allowed to go to work.

4 14.81%
  • Other (explain)...

1 3.70%

Thread: COVID-19 Quarantine... what are you doing?

COVID-19 Quarantine... what are you doing?

Most of the modern world has been on some sort of official lock-down, quarantine, curfew or self-isolation as imposed by governing bodies.

This means that many people have had to stay home from work, work even harder, work from home or just hope for the best...

I am curious to see what those of us .ORG members are dealing with right now.

What situation are you in right now because of the COVID-19 pandemic?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Still working but everyday the future gets slightly more bleak. We will officially let nearly 30 employees go this Thursday (most do not know it). After that we're looking at cutting hours for all employees starting next month if things don't improve.
    "...we can't defeat the most divisive President in modern American history by tearing down anybody who doesn't agree with us 100% of the time," - Pete Buttigieg

I'm working as per normal but my commute is much nicer. Trains an buses in NYC are running on weekend schedules but because they are largely empty I'm still making better time. Buses are free as the MTA doesn't want to expose drivers so everyone is getting on and off the back door. No one is siting near each other and I don't have to get annoyed when the only other person on the train car/bus sits next to me (Tourists do this to my annoyance. I'd like to keep this social distancing going after the fact) The entire city feels like 5 Am on a Sunday morning. It is very quiet. While my routine is almost normal, more and more store fronts are closing as the days go by. It's getting harder and harder to find a place to gab a cup of tea or anything decent for lunch. Finding lunch is getting a little Walking Dead, if you find something edible you just buy it and eat it. I no longer have the luxury of going out for what I feel like eating. Work is very slow and it's fine by me. I'm very acutely aware how fortunate I am to be working right now.

My quiet inner city suburb at home is almost normal. It's a blue collar neighborhood, mostly municipal workers, all of which are essential. So life here seems almost normal. A bit less cars/foot traffic coming and going. Any non food/pharmacy/home improvement place is closed but most food spots are open for take out only, so that's refreshing compared to where I work. I'm doing more around the house, those little things that you never have time to do. I've really gotten on top of my chores and my little urban garden has never looked better. I'm a sleeping like a caged animal and it feels good. I'm finding more time to cook, something I enjoy. Focusing on dishes I can make early and have the family graze on all day/night like a three choice Taco buffet, pastas, stews, and or heavy soups, etc.

For recreation, I got the Amazon exclusive Children of the Atom X-Men box set of the first 184 issues, annuals and any titles that they crossed into from the 60s to the early 80s, in hard cover volumes. I can't recommend it enough for the big or little X-Men fan in your life. I've been critical of Marvels current work as of late but they really did a great job on this. It's very comprehensible and my father was printer so I know the watermarks of quality printing. You'll definitely know every editors note at the bottom of any panel in any issue by the end. Nothing I didn't already know but it's cool to read it first hand as it happened. Not to mention years worth of Kirby art. I'm not a fan of the 90s Image style panel layouts and am loving the defined panels and flat colors.

I haven't learned any new songs on my bass but I keep it by my desk on it's stand. If I find myself getting a bit anxious or edgy I'll just grab it and play Phantom of the Opera or Anesthesia for a few and I'm cool.

Hope everyone one is doing well. All the best to you, your families and loved ones.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; April 13, 2020 at 05:38pm.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    I am working from home, but still go in to the office twice a week (at least) for about 2 hours (at least) each time.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Iím furloughed at Disney starting tomorrow. So Iíll be catching up on some painting, learning Japanese on Rosetta Stone, reading and working out. Spending my time with my dog and cat. Weird times.

I am incredibly lucky in that my husband and I both work for the same company, and our entire workforce is able to work entirely from home. Additionally, the company I work for works for both health insurance companies and healthcare providers (we work on the provider end), so we are somewhat immune to this particular economic downturn. The longer this goes on, of course, the shakier that could get.

On top of all that, we are both have fairly introverted personalities, and even before the lockdowns, we were already spending most of our time at home. Obviously this situation is a bit extreme even for someone like me, but I'm not feeling cabin fever too badly. Basically, we are the ideal people with the ideal situations to handle this kind of event.

I don't try to think of it too much, but I do worry about all the implications of this going on for the long haul. I am more worried about people getting stir crazy, mixed with not receiving a steady income than I am with personally contracting the virus.

So far, everyone around me seem to be staying calm and rational, but I know everyone has a breaking point. Don't want things to open up too soon as cause more outbreaks, but at the same time don't want people going crazy from prolonged social isolation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I am incredibly lucky in that my husband and I both work for the same company, and our entire workforce is able to work entirely from home. Additionally, the company I work for works for both health insurance companies and healthcare providers (we work on the provider end), so we are somewhat immune to this particular economic downturn. The longer this goes on, of course, the shakier that could get.

On top of all that, we are both have fairly introverted personalities, and even before the lockdowns, we were already spending most of our time at home. Obviously this situation is a bit extreme even for someone like me, but I'm not feeling cabin fever too badly. Basically, we are the ideal people with the ideal situations to handle this kind of event.

I don't try to think of it too much, but I do worry about all the implications of this going on for the long haul. I am more worried about people getting stir crazy, mixed with not receiving a steady income than I am with personally contracting the virus.

So far, everyone around me seem to be staying calm and rational, but I know everyone has a breaking point. Don't want things to open up too soon as cause more outbreaks, but at the same time don't want people going crazy from prolonged social isolation.
    I am in a similar position.

I am still working (teaching from home... which is definitely not ideal, but is getting smoother as we go) and my wife works at the Children's Hospital (she is a molecular biologist, but all the labs in the hospital have been made to start testing COVID-19 samples for the last month and a half now...) So we are both feeling a sense of normalcy for now. I consider both of us fortunate to have jobs that are necessary - even in these circumstances.

And I too worry about those who have no steady income and are becoming more and more stir-crazy by the day... desperate people do desperate things.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

As teachers, my wife and I are working from home.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

As of today, unemployed due to a lay-off. Having now filed, waiting to see how long it takes for unemployment and all that good stuff to kick in. Meanwhile, my (previous?) employer is still waiting to see what happens with the PPP loan that she applied for, got accepted for (on the day it was announced that the funds had run out already), but has yet to see any progress on. Fun times all around!

Working extra to cover for people who aren't coming in due to wanting to shelter in place.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I have been furloughed since March 19th...the house is cleaner than it's ever been lol.

Was laid off for about 3 weeks... now i'm back dude to the big loan for business .
    '
    I ship /rec logistics for construction. Handling the packages makes me nervous(also an asthmatic ).. but ive been dumping alcohol on everything before i touch it.. hahah...

Smells so good , maybe i'll take a swing
    FREAK OUT!!!!!! FREAK OUT!!!! YEAHHHH!

I was fully laid-off thanks to my job being at a movie theater. Granted, I needed to look into leaving this job soon, because I turned 26, so my parents' benefits are about to go away for me, and I need a full time job to get my own plan, it was only part-time jobs for the theater.

Still employed, thankfully.

Working from home full-time. Normally, I work from home 1-2 days a week, so, this hasn't been a tough transition for me, really.

Mandatory vacation days being taken, by order of the CFO. Since I'd been saving up for a big road trip this year (which won't happen now, obviously), I lots to burn. Practically, this means I've been working three day weeks since late March, and as this sustains, this will continue into mid-June.

My (out-and-about) lifestyle has been pretty hammered, but in a first-world-problems sort of way, so I can't really complain.

I'm an introvert, so these vast oceans of time alone at home are a godsend to me, really. Lots of time for creative hobbies, playing video games, etc. Again, can't complain.

I sincerely hope this ends quickly nonetheless. Many of my family and friends are in less fortunate circumstances than myself, and I worry for them deeply.

Doing all I can to support the local businesses I like/frequent, check in on my friends and family, etc.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; May 7, 2020 at 11:19pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor