Thread: Inspector gadget action figure.

Heroic Warrior

Inspector gadget action figure.

Has there ever been a truly good inspector gadget figure?

If you just want 1 Inspector Gadget figure, Galoob put 1 out in the 80's. If you want a few figures, in the early 90's, Tiger released a line including Inspector Gadget, Penny/Brain, Dr. Claw, Claw goon, and a bunch of other Gadgets with different colored trench coats that you could probably ignore.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Donít know the latest on these. I think they were first announced back in 2018, but...

https://5prostudio.com/blog/new-mega...t-coming-soon/

I had the 80's 12" Galoob figure, it was great. The 5Pro Studio figure looks amazing too though there have not been any updates in a long time.
    This message has been Orko Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Orko View Post
    I had the 80's 12" Galoob figure, it was great. The 5Pro Studio figure looks amazing too though there have not been any updates in a long time.
    I had it too but as a kid was really disappointed with it. My imagination and ideas on "how things could work" as far as his features were concerned.

Adult me would be happy to have one.
    "...we can't defeat the most divisive President in modern American history by tearing down anybody who doesn't agree with us 100% of the time," - Pete Buttigieg

another good one is the fast food toy version from the first movie regardless of what yopu think of the film the toy itself is different bodyparts you could combine to make the inspector himself each piece had a different gimmick.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    Always considered the 80s Galoob version to be more of a doll than an action figure but whatever it was really cool, loved it as a kid. Been keeping an eye out for the Megahero figure that was shown but, yeah, nothing further has been heard about it and I guess with everything being behind schedule, I probably shouldn't expect it anytime soon.

The Tiger Toys action figures looked pretty cool. Never seen them in the shops here growing up. Always really enjoyed the cartoon.

Heroic Warrior
    The Tiger figures were pretty cool too. I just thought their depiction of Dr. Claw was disappointing. I always envisioned him looking badass and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcr4 View Post
    The Tiger figures were pretty cool too. I just thought their depiction of Dr. Claw was disappointing. I always envisioned him looking badass and cool.
    Yeah I thought he would have been a bit cooler looking.

Heroic Warrior
    I was a fan of the cartoon in the '80's, and always wanted the large Galoob IG figure. I still regret never getting this. I do definitely think this is the best toy rendition of the character.

http://weirdotoys.com/go-go-gadget-toy/

Re: the cartoon, I always thought it was cool that Gadget was a cyborg of sorts; i.e., I felt he was human (since he did have a niece), but had an accident years before and was re-built with robotic parts - like "Robocop" - ha ha. I don't think this was never addressed in the cartoon, however.

Always considered the 80s Galoob version to be more of a doll than an action figure but whatever it was really cool, loved it as a kid. Been keeping an eye out for the Megahero figure that was shown but, yeah, nothing further has been heard about it and I guess with everything being behind schedule, I probably shouldn't expect it anytime soon.
    I remember seeing the megahero announced but was waiting till later before getting or anything as I hadn't heard of the company before.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I think the Tiger Toys figures were more what children were expecting than the doll from Galoob. I always thought Dr. Claw should wear a metal mask that looks like the symbol for M.A.D.

Bigbadtoy has them up for preorder now

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Brand=23067

My thoughts, Gadget is awesome. The rest look great but the fact they choose to just give them alternating arms and faces is lacking.

The bundled set my have more goodies and is a good price, but
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I pre-ordered Gadget solo despite my better judgment....not too thrilled with the price But then again, when is the next time cartoon accurate figures are going to get made? Would've loved if one of the accessories was a call back to the pilot episode when he had a mustache lol

Quote Originally Posted by man-e-faces View Post
    I was a fan of the cartoon in the '80's, and always wanted the large Galoob IG figure. I still regret never getting this. I do definitely think this is the best toy rendition of the character.

http://weirdotoys.com/go-go-gadget-toy/

Re: the cartoon, I always thought it was cool that Gadget was a cyborg of sorts; i.e., I felt he was human (since he did have a niece), but had an accident years before and was re-built with robotic parts - like "Robocop" - ha ha. I don't think this was never addressed in the cartoon, however.
    Holy crap!! I totally had this when I was a kid!!

Heroic Warrior
    I pre-ordered Gadget solo despite my better judgment....not too thrilled with the price But then again, when is the next time cartoon accurate figures are going to get made? Would've loved if one of the accessories was a call back to the pilot episode when he had a mustache lol
    It's not in my budget... but actually there seems to be a lot going on with Gadget there, so the price almost feels legit.

Penny and Brain seem like massive ripoffs though... I can't imagine paying that much for something with little to zero articulation