Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Do you think this show will have a lasting impact for MOTU?

Like Cosmic, in response to the original question, No.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Just saying hi to this thread to chime in about the original question- I do think that *some* aspects of it will show up in future incarnations. Maybe Depending what those incarnations will be.

But PsoP gave us a lot more characterization, some back stories, new alliances and of course, relationships, where the original series didnít showcase and elaborate some of the characters. Plus some interesting variations on the designs!
    Itís such wealth of material, and some of it is more ďmodernĒ, I can totally see how it would become part of future lore.

I for my part really enjoyed the show.
    For my taste, the designs could have used a bit of... weight? Chunkiness? I dunno... And the Fright Zone could have been more unique and scarier. But the series looked very... Now! Thatís what counts.

And I loved the writing and characterization, the progress of the seasons... Adventure series that have a good sense of humor really strike a chord with me. The characters flowed natural, worked so well with the voice acting.

Most importantly, it had love. So much love, towards it characters, and love pretty much saved the universe. Couldnít be happier about that outcome.
    I absolutely agree with you Cosmic!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    And the Fright Zone could have been more unique and scarier....
    I agree with this. I also think the series designs could have been a bit more fantasy looking instead of so tech/sci-fi.

In the original question, probably not. The only character that I would like to see carry on in future MOTU projects, would be Catra. The only reason why I say that, is because she was the most developed character in the reboot other than the fact I don't agree with her redemption arc and how it handled. Pretty much everyone else should stay as their more classic counterparts, and Princesses of Power should just stay as its own one-and-done series. I would like to see a Mara prequel series, and perhaps a continuation if it's done right, but I'm more interested in what Netflix is doing with He-Man. Though I still have my concerns on Revelation, I'm still kind of excited to see it.

I really think it will. Despite what some toxic people say, the show is very popular. It won multiple awards, and I feel the relationships and characterizations will carry over into new media.

She Ra has a whole new generation of fans. I'm not sure how anybody could be against that. But for some, it's easy to find fault.

Will She Ra change further in the future? I have no doubt. What's important is the conflict, and the characters. But I know it will always move forward, not back.

Heroic Warrior
    I thought the show did a great job developing some of the lesser known characters, like Spinerella and Netossa. I also loved that it had a complete story arc from start to finish. I hope all future animated incarnations of both He-Man and She-Ra will follow those tactics. I think Netflix (or another streaming service) gives them a better environment to do that.

I agree that I hope for a complete story arc. From everything I've seen, that was the intent of the 2002 MYP series (my favorite version of ANYTHING HE-Man). However that's not always possible. Maybe one day we'll get lucky and get a real finale for the MYP series. I'm not holding my breath, but if Silent Bob can make a finale for Filmation, anything is theoretically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Cadet Kyle View Post
    I really think it will. Despite what some toxic people say, the show is very popular. It won multiple awards, and I feel the relationships and characterizations will carry over into new media.

She Ra has a whole new generation of fans. I'm not sure how anybody could be against that. But for some, it's easy to find fault.

Will She Ra change further in the future? I have no doubt. What's important is the conflict, and the characters. But I know it will always move forward, not back.
    I absolutely agree with you Horde Cadet Kyle, it's always awesome and amazing to meet new positive and forward-thinking people!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Here's the way I look at MOTU continuity: There are no fewer than TEN established continuities (and likely even more than that). You pick what you like, ignore what you don't and use your imagination to fill in the gaps.

It's like old oral stories of heroic myth. The details changed in the retellings, but the characters, and their amazing deeds are what resonate. So, some details change in the retelling. Like the version you like, and let others do likewise.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde Cadet Kyle View Post
    Here's the way I look at MOTU continuity: There are no fewer than TEN established continuities (and likely even more than that). You pick what you like, ignore what you don't and use your imagination to fill in the gaps.

It's like old oral stories of heroic myth. The details changed in the retellings, but the characters, and their amazing deeds are what resonate. So, some details change in the retelling. Like the version you like, and let others do likewise.
    I agree with you, even though I LOVE all things MOTU/POP/NA.

I do too. It is a rich tapestry, and there's room for all the different versions. I like some more than others, and I like a mishmash of different canons to form my own, but in the end, it's all fun.