Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 52: "Heart Part 2" (SPOILERS!)

Episode 52: "Heart Part 2" (SPOILERS!)

This thread is for the final episode of season 5 entitled "Heart Part 2."

Please feel free to discuss anything before and included in the episode.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I can't say I've found this ending satisfying.

The last series of events felt somewhat nonsensical; not at all at the same level of depth and mastery of execution as the initial episodes of this season. And then the final resolution I found rather weak and somehow rushed. I found the endings of the previous two seasons to be much stronger and better written and woven together.

Why spend a whole series building such a strong momentum and such an interesting mythology, only to then let many important points and characters just slip away into oblivion untackled? Like, no explanation whatsoever about Eternia and Grayskull, no glimpse about the place and the people where Adora came from, as if she didn't care about finding her original family anymore, no conclusion to all the interrogants raised by Mara's story and how her actions in saving Etheria actually caused the doom of her people and countless other worlds that could have been saved from Prime, almost nothing said about the Friends of Mara, nothing about Madame Razz, nor about what really happened to Angella (she's supposed to be trapped in between dimensions), etc.

I think Noelle got a bit lost in trying to push certain messages (about friendship, love, etc.) even if an excessive focus on highlighting them felt forced and didn't fit the flow of events so well and left too many loose ends untied in the end.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; May 15, 2020 at 12:40pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    It was very rushed, and I don't know how I feel about so many "baddies" having their deplorable actions forgiven so easily, but I liked it.

I really wish the pacing of the entire series could have ramped up a lot earlier. Or season 5 was split over at least two seasons.

Kay why is everyone pairing off now after the War ?

Is She Ra going to do something about that giant tree spaceship ?

And what happened to the clones ?

Any clone that wasn't on that spaceship is probably still alive, but acting based off their last programming. Probably Entrapta, Hordak, and Wrong Hordak will work to keep them from suffering the same existential crisis Wrong-Hordak suffered when he found out Prime wasn't the infallible master he claimed to be.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I disagree , Entrapta cares for tech and robot parts .

If anyone has a big enough heart to open a soup kitchen for clones it would be kind and caring Perfuma

I'm thinking less a soup kitchen and more the new population of Dryl's science department.

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    While I enjoyed the finale as well as the season as a whole, I can agree that it felt rushed. I don't feel it fully lived up to my expectations, especially after everything Season 4 built up. I get that they wanted Catra and Adora's relationship to be the heart of it all, but in my opinion that breaks one of MOTU's golden rules, which is the focus should never specifically be romantic relationships, between any characters. Plus I personally found the friendships Catra and Adora built with other characters to be more interesting.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by QueenQuetzale View Post
    While I enjoyed the finale as well as the season as a whole, I can agree that it felt rushed. I don't feel it fully lived up to my expectations, especially after everything Season 4 built up. I get that they wanted Catra and Adora's relationship to be the heart of it all, but in my opinion that breaks one of MOTU's golden rules, which is the focus should never specifically be romantic relationships, between any characters. Plus I personally found the friendships Catra and Adora built with other characters to be more interesting.

The 80,s She RA was for little children and meant to sell toys . This reboot is NOT .
    Last edited by Lokus; May 22, 2020 at 04:48am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    The 80,s She RA was for little children and meant to sell toys . This reboot is NOT .
    80's She-Ra is more than that, it might be the initial intention but time proves us all wrong and she become more than that.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

As far as romantic interests and/or relationships go, there's never been a hard and fast rule that romantic interests or relationships couldn't be explored, and in fact- were. I think we've taken it for granted that these already exist in prior incarnations of PoP/MOTU... (and keep in mind, I'm referencing things we know to be true based on cartoons, mini-comics, Classics bios, comic books, etc... there's been a whole lot of lovin' in the universe, when you take into account all the different versions of these stories!).

King Randor & Queen Marlena
    Evil-Lyn & Keldor/Skeletor
    Man-At-Arms & Miranda
    Man-At-Arms or Fisto & The Sorceress
    Teela & Adam/He-Man
    Sweet Bee/Frosta/Castaspella being into Adam/He-Man
    Sea Hawk & Adora
    Bow & She-Ra
    Man-E-Faces & Peekablue
    Netossa & Spinnerella
    Crita & Skeletor

I think the one thing we have never seen though, where this broke ground, was having two characters from opposing sides eventually end up together. On the same side in the end, sure... but, I mean, we've never had a scenario where Tri-Klops and Teela paired up, or Mekaneck and Dragstor... the good guys always ended up with good guys and bad with the bad. I love that in this show, lines were blurred and Horde members defected and good folks like Entrapta and Double Trouble were... well, in their own little world and slid easily between enemy lines for various reasons.

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think the one thing we have never seen though, where this broke ground, was having two characters from opposing sides eventually end up together. On the same side in the end, sure... but, I mean, we've never had a scenario where Tri-Klops and Teela paired up, or Mekaneck and Dragstor... the good guys always ended up with good guys and bad with the bad. I love that in this show, lines were blurred and Horde members defected and good folks like Entrapta and Double Trouble were... well, in their own little world and slid easily between enemy lines for various reasons.
    Well there is ONE story in the German Ehapa Comics (later reprinted in the UK Comics) where Man-At-Arms falls in love with Evil-Lyn and begins a relationship with her! But he's only under a love spell cast by Evil-Lyn to lure him into Skeletor's clutches, so it probably doesn't count
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    Right, I never said romantic relationships couldn't be explored, but they shouldn't be the MAIN focus overall.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by QueenQuetzale View Post
    Right, I never said romantic relationships couldn't be explored, but they shouldn't be the MAIN focus overall.
    The cool thing about keeping stuff of this sort to a minimum is our heroes could be whatever preference the viewer projected onto them . Original Heman and She ra did so little of that , nobody could tell. HeMan could be anything to anyone who enjoyed the show .

This latest series has boxed and labled them . We know who likes girls and who likes boys .

Wow. What a disappointing finale. Are we supposed to fill in the blanks with what we know from the previous series? I get that there are some limitations because of Dreamworks, but come on. It feels like a bait & switch. Hook us with origin tidbits, hoping that we get a good explanation at the end, but instead, the story is resolved with a love story. The last time I felt this way (almost beat-for-beat) was with Lost's finale, where they did almost the same thing.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Wow. What a disappointing finale. Are we supposed to fill in the blanks with what we know from the previous series? I get that there are some limitations because of Dreamworks, but come on. It feels like a bait & switch. Hook us with origin tidbits, hoping that we get a good explanation at the end, but instead, the story is resolved with a love story. The last time I felt this way (almost beat-for-beat) was with Lost's finale, where they did almost the same thing.
    I agree, to OG fans it did feel like a bait and switch - I know I'm not alone wanting to see Eternia and Grayskull or heck even Primus. New fans were are probably more forgiving and celebratory. I did feel like in the end it did boil down to a jilted lover tries to conquer the world and her ex has to stop her but they managed more or less to escalate the states with the introduction of Horde Prime. Bummed we didn't get Leech or Mantenna or more of the boy Horde - would have loved to see this reboot's take on them.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

I did not like the finale...at all. With that said, the tone and agenda for the show were obvious from the very first episode of season one yet I kept watching anyway in the hopes that they would have captured the innocence of the original series and leave behind what ultimately resulted in literal bestiality masked as love. Fictional characters in a fictional story in a fictional world...I get it. I would prefer that the series were called She-ra: Origins and focused mainly on Mara. I suppose I should have accepted by now that my childhood wasn't actually sacred and the properties I loved then are fair game to be remade however anyone wants. If I were the original creator of She-ra, I'd probably know how George Lucas feels about Disney Star Wars

You don't know much about the original creator of She-Ra, do you?

Bow and Glimmer declare their love which results in a quick friend kiss on the forehead

Adora and Cat Ra do the same which results in Sucking face and tongue wrestling .....

This series is not good for lil kiddies .

All the little kids I know dug it. Some might argue it's good for kids to see people different (and in some cases the same) to them expresssing love in a healthy and normal way.

As far as I understand it Erika Schiemer is a lesbian, which would make many of the characters in the MOTU / POP verse voiced by a lesbian in the OG series. And Spinerella and Netossa have been read as lesbians by many fans long before the new series.

The whole love will save the day schtick did water down the what it is to be a hero, what sacrifices need to be made in the name of what's right messaging a bit - I always have had the problem of redeeming a character like Catra who is indirectly responsible for lives lost (including Angella), cities destroyed and tried to end all reality just to prove she was 'right'. This is not someone who deserves instant forgiveness IMO. Hordak too, the man is a murdering tyrant. Noelle and Co felt differently and, as it's a kids show, I guess I'm okay with it.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post

As far as I understand it Erika Schiemer is a lesbian, which would make many of the characters in the MOTU / POP verse voiced by a lesbian in the OG series. And Spinerella and Netossa have been read as lesbians by many fans long before the new series.
    So what ? Its a free country . Erika can date who she wants and fans are allowed speculate .

I am complaining about the act of French kissing itself in the cartoon , not whom is kissing whom . Young lil polly sees this in tv land for the first time and decides she wants to French kissy daddy....
    Poor daddy needs to explain to Polly this is a no no square .

What on earth are you going on about?

So what ? Its a free country . Erika can date who she wants and fans are allowed speculate .

I am complaining about the act of French kissing itself in the cartoon , not whom is kissing whom . Young lil polly sees this in tv land for the first time and decides she wants to French kissy daddy....
    While I would like to think any child watching this with their parents would get an explanation that would prevent any accidental mimicry, there is truth to your words.

Parents lives are awkward conversations. Have them with your children.

Also the French Kiss shown was hardly a blow by blow instructional video. Friends, sitcoms everywhere, the 2011 Thundercats had romantic kissing in it. French Kissing is all around us...

Interesting. My kids didn't even notice what type of kiss it was or that it was two girls. They just teased by trying to cover each other's eyes.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX