Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Episode 52: "Heart Part 2" (SPOILERS!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    As far as I understand it Erika Schiemer is a lesbian, which would make many of the characters in the MOTU / POP verse voiced by a lesbian in the OG series. And Spinerella and Netossa have been read as lesbians by many fans long before the new series.
    As far as some of the characters Erika voiced, Loo-Kee (male) had a girlfriend on the show, Queen Angella was married to Micah, and Frosta had the hots for He-Man.

I haven't watch all the episodes yet including this one, but it feels like Catra and Hordak don't really deserve a redemption story from the episodes I've watched so far. At least one where they don't at least stand trial for their horrendous acts committed earlier. I'll have to see if I feel differently later. If Darth Vader had survived Return of the Jedi, I don't think he'd be able to just go back to living among the rebel alliance just because he took out the Emperor to save his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    As far as some of the characters Erika voiced, Loo-Kee (male) had a girlfriend on the show, Queen Angella was married to Micah, and Frosta had the hots for He-Man.

I haven't watch all the episodes yet including this one, but it feels like Catra and Hordak don't really deserve a redemption story from the episodes I've watched so far. At least one where they don't at least stand trial for their horrendous acts committed earlier. I'll have to see if I feel differently later. If Darth Vader had survived Return of the Jedi, I don't think he'd be able to just go back to living among the rebel alliance just because he took out the Emperor to save his son.
    I think that kind of stuff all depends on the exicution, you can give the worst villain a redemption and make it work so long as you execute it well. I mean for example Suite Precure redeemed Noise (a villain who was straight up trying to shut down the minds of every living thing) and that managed to work.

Anyway in regards to Catra, I was iffy about her redemption on a conceptual level, but I think it worked well enough in the show proper. Hordak less so, especially since it really feels like it mainly happened so Entrapta could get a happy ending.

In regards to the scenario you outlined with Vader, isn't there an alternate universe comic, were that actualy happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

Wasn't there an AU comic where he did just that? That was where we got the alternate Vader in the white coloring.
    I am Imp's number one fan.