Thread: Another 5 seasons (Sequel)?

Heroic Warrior

Another 5 seasons (Sequel)?

Is there a Chance they go on?

Make more seasons?

What do you think?

If it happens it really shouldn't be on short notice. I said this last time the possibility was aught this example up last time, this topic was mentioned so I will just repeat what I said there. Look at the Pretty Cure franchise and how boring the second half of the first season is and how boring the whole sequel series is. More often than not dragging out a story beyond it's intended end point (especially on short notice) works out for the worse.

If it does happen however, I think it is more likely to be in the form of a novel or as comic, then a full installment of the show.

Little brother who is a huge fan says this is the last season so they can start on HE Man series . The guy in charge does not want these two series on at the same time .

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Little brother who is a huge fan says this is the last season so they can start on HE Man series . The guy in charge does not want these two series on at the same time .
    Thats incorrect, this was always planned to be 4 13 ep (netflix broke 1 into 2) seasons! Noelle has said this since the very first episode was released.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Widget
    The entire series up the the end was built on a single order of 52 episodes. If a decision was made today to do another order of episodes it would likely be around 2 years before any would see release due to the spin up time animation needs. And it almost certainly would be a decision made either now or sometime in the future because a large amount of the staff (character designers, storyboard artist, etc) have already announced attachment to other projects, which is a strong indication that no additional order has been as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Your little brother is misinformed a bit. Like others have already pointed out, here's an article with the show's creator:

https://www.newsarama.com/50255-she-...e-VENpq-9wvtZE

I'm depressed that it's over.

Someone make a series and comics that follow the planetary scavenging adventures of the Star Siblings.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I've been thinking a bit about the possibility of continuing the series. Part of me would love to see it. I enjoyed it so much that I've reached the stage where I could watch an episode of those characters filling in tax returns and I'd be glued to the screen.

I think as fans we all tend to want more and more of our favourite franchises. More time with our favourite characters.
    We're always pushing for sequels, or prequels or untold stories.
    And when we get them... are they really what we wanted? Do they ever capture what made the original so great?

The best stories have a beginning, a middle, and an end.
    This She-Ra series had that. And it had one of the best endings I've watched, or played, or read.
    Where would the story actually go from here?

I'm not talking about in terms of plot. We can all imagine Adora, Catra, Glimmer and Bow having adventures in space.
    But are they stories worth telling? Isn't what made the series so special that the storytelling was driven by the characters? Where do you go with Adora and Catra now? Their character arcs are done. There's no conflict left, and if there's no conflict then there's no story. Yes, you can write something inventive and witty that will be an enjoyable watch, but it would ring hollow when compared to the original because it wouldn't have the same heart.

We can all think of a series or franchise that overstayed its welcome. That just didn't know when it was time to stop. So few shows end on a high, so few shows get it right. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power did get it right. Much as it saddens me that it's over, I hope there isn't a sequel. I think it stands just fine as it is.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe one day we will get a new series.
    More mature and mystic .

I've loved every aspect of the new She-Ra & The Princesses Of Power series, although I would have liked to have seen Sweet Bee and the true versions of Peekablue and Flutterina. I have to say though that Double Trouble was a fascinating character, and I would love for the series to be revived or rebooted. I LOVE POP!

I also can't wait for the rest of the episodes to be released on DVD.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    I know it's not the same, but I found a really good fanmade webcomic about He-Man, but within the POP universe. So far, it captures that light and fluffy feeling from the first two seasons.

https://m.tapas.io/series/The-Secret...in-Swords/info

Also, I recommend checking out Lumberjanes (and Gotham Academy because they have a crossover, and it's probably one of my favorite comic series of the 2010's) and Nimona.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    I know it's not the same, but I found a really good fanmade webcomic about He-Man, but within the POP universe. So far, it captures that light and fluffy feeling from the first two seasons.

Also, I recommend checking out Lumberjanes (and Gotham Academy because they have a crossover, and it's probably one of my favorite comic series of the 2010's) and Nimona.
    This is totally AWESOME!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've been thinking a bit about the possibility of continuing the series. Part of me would love to see it. I enjoyed it so much that I've reached the stage where I could watch an episode of those characters filling in tax returns and I'd be glued to the screen.

I think as fans we all tend to want more and more of our favourite franchises. More time with our favourite characters.
    And when we get them... are they really what we wanted? Do they ever capture what made the original so great?

This She-Ra series had that. And it had one of the best endings I've watched, or played, or read.

I'm not talking about in terms of plot. We can all imagine Adora, Catra, Glimmer and Bow having adventures in space.
    But are they stories worth telling? Isn't what made the series so special that the storytelling was driven by the characters? Where do you go with Adora and Catra now? Their character arcs are done. There's no conflict left, and if there's no conflict then there's no story. Yes, you can write something inventive and witty that will be an enjoyable watch, but it would ring hollow when compared to the original because it wouldn't have the same heart.

We can all think of a series or franchise that overstayed its welcome. That just didn't know when it was time to stop. So few shows end on a high, so few shows get it right. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power did get it right. Much as it saddens me that it's over, I hope there isn't a sequel. I think it stands just fine as it is.
    Be glad it won't become a zombie like The Simpsons, Family Guy or Spongebob
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post

very interesting ,thanks for sharing

I like to see new She-Ra fans getting interest on the motu lore .
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; June 22, 2020 at 07:54pm.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Rather than a sequel, I think what's much more needed is a prequel!

There were just too many unanswered questions left surrounding this whole business with the First Ones and their leaders and how Light Hope managed to rebuild herself after Mara's sabotage and how she was able to find Adora and to activate the portals that brought her and Hordak into Despondos (was it that the Horde was attacking Eternia or whichever planet Adora and her remaining faction of First Ones were living in at a time almost a thousand years after Horde Prime had already thought to have finished the last of the First Ones?), the nature of ancient Etheria and Madame Razz and the Princesses and their Runestones (and why and how Angella was immortal but also mortal) and the original She-Ra line (and whether She-Ra is a unique Etherian being, or instead there is one She-Ra per magical planet, which might explain some of Horde Prime's remarks), the origin of Horde Prime and his clone army and what his apparently torturous relationship with science and magic has been and what exactly his ancient relationship with She-Ra, Eternia, Etheria, and the First Ones was, and the ethical questions about Mara and the Rebel Squadron Grayskull that the series chose not to address at all (the fact that it seems the First Ones leaders were actually right in creating the Heart of Etheria, as a lesser evil which could have stopped the greater evil of Horde Prime's deadly menace in his tracks, one thousand years not too late, and that Mara could then have been wrong with her misguided actions having caused far more harm than good by condemning the universe at large to a millenium of unspeakable havoc, suffering, genocide, and destruction at the hands of Prime).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

This sums up rather nicely about how I feel about it. I'm old enough now tho realize that wanting more makes sense, particularly when it's this good but as you suggest, making more just tho make more or fill a demand isn't the same as there actually being a story.

Do I want art or product? Ultimately I prefer art.

One of the reasons the story of king Arthur and robin hood for instance are so important and remembered is that they each have a story, and a story isn't finished unless it has A beginning, middle, and end, which both of those do. S o you can feel the weight of the material.

As a comics fan I have also gotten old enough to get comic fatigue, which I just coined now. It's how after years, decades, of following all of these characters, these universes, I've been through and read about tons of reboots, retcons, redos, and just arbitrary changes to make everything relevant again
    And that is all within a context of one continuity and not even counting one shots, alternate realities, or unrelated spin offs. You just get to the point where it is exhausting and disappointing tho realize their story can never really end.

That's how I became a bigger consumer of graphic novels or more Indy comics that had a finite story tho tell and tell it.

I respect it. I appreciate it. And the only thing I could want is a sequel wherein they where Ador a comes from. Maybe if there is a Prince Adam, or not, and what that would mean. But the story they had tho tell did not require that and I am impressed they pulled it off. Showing that now might just dilute what they accomplished. Or it would be amazing, but still.

Now just get me a complete series on DVD so I can put it with the rest.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    This sums up rather nicely about how I feel about it. I'm old enough now tho realize that wanting more makes sense, particularly when it's this good but as you suggest, making more just tho make more or fill a demand isn't the same as there actually being a story.

Do I want art or product? Ultimately I prefer art.

One of the reasons the story of king Arthur and robin hood for instance are so important and remembered is that they each have a story, and a story isn't finished unless it has A beginning, middle, and end, which both of those do. S o you can feel the weight of the material.

As a comics fan I have also gotten old enough to get comic fatigue, which I just coined now. It's how after years, decades, of following all of these characters, these universes, I've been through and read about tons of reboots, retcons, redos, and just arbitrary changes to make everything relevant again
    And that is all within a context of one continuity and not even counting one shots, alternate realities, or unrelated spin offs. You just get to the point where it is exhausting and disappointing tho realize their story can never really end.

That's how I became a bigger consumer of graphic novels or more Indy comics that had a finite story tho tell and tell it.

I respect it. I appreciate it. And the only thing I could want is a sequel wherein they where Ador a comes from. Maybe if there is a Prince Adam, or not, and what that would mean. But the story they had tho tell did not require that and I am impressed they pulled it off. Showing that now might just dilute what they accomplished. Or it would be amazing, but still.

Now just get me a complete series on DVD so I can put it with the rest.
    I feel the comics fatigue thing. At this point I mostly just read like one shot au things, Batman Beyond, indie stuff, and tie in stuff (like Doctor Who and Star Wars). I was really enjoying Rebirth up until like 2018, though. With **** losing his memories and Jon getting aged up and sent to the future, I lost interest.

Also, DC can't just let standalone stories remain standalone, which sucks. I don't think anybody asked for a White Night sequel, or ant of the other sequels to their miniseries.

Why/where is there an expectation that there would be another series? Voltron completed its run long ago and had at least slightly more success in retail. This show has come and gone, at least as far as toys are concerned. Not to mention that Netflix rarely goes back to the well of their older stuff.