Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tweeterhead 1:5 scale Hordak "Legends" Maquette discussion

Tweeterhead 1:5 scale Hordak "Legends" Maquette discussion

Updated May 30, 2020:

Pixel Dan gives an exclusive look at the upcoming Hordak Legends Masters of the Universe 1:5 scale maquette from Tweeterhead!
    After Hordak, the next confirmed statues are Teela & Trap Jaw.
    Also, the exclusive Tweeterhead edition with the vintage styled Hordak head is now sold out!

---------------------
    Updated May 26, 2020:

From Tweeterhead:
    "There's so much bad to be done!" - Hordak

Tweeterhead Presents the Hordak "Legends" Maquette! The 1:5 scale line originally established by Sideshow, Tweeterhead is bringing back these "Legends" by starting out with everyone's favorite leader of the Evil Horde himself, Hordak!

The Hordak Maquette measures close to 21" tall when fully assembled - figure, base, and staff. This polyresin statue comes with his iconic monster portrait clad in his black, crimson and grey costume with a removable fabric cape. Standing atop the horrific Fright-Zone themed base, Hordak is getting ready to exact revenge on Skeletor, He-Man, and conquer all of Eternia!

The "Tweeterhead Exclusive" comes with an additional classic "Robot" style portrait with everything else advertised.

Both versions of the Hordak Maquette will retail for $475 USD, and ready for Pre-Order this Thursday at noon pst!

Artist Credits:
    DESIGN - Jean-Paul Mavinga, Nate Baertsch, Alex Pascenko, and David Igo
    SCULPT - Igor Catto
    PAINT - David Fisher

Hordak pose 2 (vintage style head)
    Hordak pose 3
    Hordak pose 4 (vintage style head)
    Hordak pose 5
    Hordak pose 6
    Hordak pose 7 (removable cape)
    Hordak pose 8
    Hordak pose 9
    Hordak pose 10

---------------
    Updated May 22, 2020:

Planet Eternia captured the Tweeterhead Facebook live video where Chad Colebank went into detail about their upcoming 1:5 scale Hordak statue!
    Please note that the video had technical issues so only part of it was captured.

---------------
    Tweeterhead has given He-Man.org a first-look teaser:

Tweeterhead presents the Hordak "Legends" Maquette!
    The high-end 1:5 scale line of your favorite Masters of the Universe characters is BACK!
    This piece will be available for pre-order May 28th, 2020! More info coming soon!
    Tweeterhead.com

And be sure to check out Tweeterhead's live Facebook video tomorrow, May 21st, at 12:00pm Pacific Time for details on Hordak and more!

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Exciting! I've been waiting for this one. Can't wait to see the full reveal, hopefully the material quality matches up to what Sideshow put out. I'd love to add this one to my collection.

Widget
    Wow. I really don't like this. At all. I'm kinda... shocked. Just give me a minute.

Okay. I saved money! Yes!

Man, this is very much like what I would imagine practical man-in-suit costume/makeup effects for a live-action version of Hordak to look like, especially his face. Very cool indeed!

Looks awesome, will be ordering for sure!

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Okay, I'm not an expert in these things, but maquette's are the ones that end at the waist, aren't they? So it’s not a full-on statue?

Either way, I love the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Okay, I'm not an expert in these things, but maquette's are the ones that end at the waist, aren't they? So it’s not a full-on statue?

Either way, I love the design.
    No, it's a full statue, since this is a continuation of the Sideshow statues:

Maquettes are typically pieces of an arguable “higher-end” nature. It would probably be more precise to settle with the notion that Maquettes are statues that have their roots in film production source material e.g. proof of concept etc.

The word “maquette” is French for “scale model”, and it is a term that is also commonly used outside the realm of just pop culture statues. For example, a maquette could be a “prototype” that someone would demonstrate to their client, e.g. architectural models.

Due to their strong ties to various movie franchises, these statues have a strong appeal to both fans and the average moviegoer. Sideshow has produced several Maquettes based on the designs and materials from popular franchises such as Marvel, Alien, Predator and Transformers.
    https://darthchris.dk/2015/11/07/statue-definitions/
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    No, it's a full statue, since this is a continuation of the Sideshow statues:

https://darthchris.dk/2015/11/07/statue-definitions/
    Ah, OK. Thanks. It’s just occurred to me that I was thinking of busts. I know Tweeterhead made a Beastman bust, so that's why I thought that.

Heroic Warrior
    Very happy to finally see this - I will be ordering on May 28th. I am glad they are continuing the line

SOLD!!!! Havent got a statue for a while, this is perfect....
    There is something weird with a man running around half naked screaming "I Have The Power"

Very, very cool! I'm very interested to see the rest of the statue. I wonder if they'll be an "exclusive" version with their interpretation of Imp? That'd be pretty sweet.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Wow. I really don't like this. At all. I'm kinda... shocked. Just give me a minute.

Okay. I saved money! Yes!
    I'm with ya on that one!!

Can't wait to see more photos!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Evil and eats everything Acolyte's Avatar
    Stunningly beautiful! Instant pre-order. That might even be better than Sideshow´s Skeletor, which I believe is the best in this line so far.

Totally Dyslexic
    That Hordak looks menacing and amazing.

He looks exactly how i would think he would look in a big budget Hollywood blockbuster.

Personally he is to dark for me, i prefer my POP/MOTU/NA characters a little less gritty and more vibrant when it comes to colours but that´s just me.

Great looking statue.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
    Stunningly beautiful! Instant pre-order. That might even be better than Sideshow´s Skeletor, which I believe is the best in this line so far.
    I'm with you!!!! Extremely Awesome!!!! This will help fill a small part of the void in my heart that not having an in person Power Con left.

Unfortunately the livestream had heavy technical issues. Here is the useful part but it ended just in the middle of the sentence.

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

I refrained from commenting when this was announced because, well, I simply wasn't impressed and didn't dig the look or the way he seemed to be posed.
    But, I have to say- seeing the full statue... he's freaking epic and I really really want to buy this one... I love the base and everything that they did with his design from the waist down. I think the staff and the cape are really well-done. And I've warmed up to his pose and the rest of him as a result. Have we heard a price point yet?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I refrained from commenting when this was announced because, well, I simply wasn't impressed and didn't dig the look or the way he seemed to be posed.
    But, I have to say- seeing the full statue... he's freaking epic and I really really want to buy this one... I love the base and everything that they did with his design from the waist down. I think the staff and the cape are really well-done. And I've warmed up to his pose and the rest of him as a result. Have we heard a price point yet?
    No price point yet.

But I'm guessing in the same general ballpark as the others.

Heroic Warrior
    Interesting that the preview picture has Hordak in the black armor and the one in the video looks to be blue.
    Last edited by Powersword123; May 23, 2020 at 11:52pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Interesting that the preview picture has Hordak in the black armor and the one in the video looks to be blue.
    It's just the tint from the lighting. His armor is black and gray.
    Hopefully David Igo will drop by and give more details!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Master of Statues
    Hey all! Excited the announcement finally happened, felt like it was YEARS in the making... stoked for the full gallery reveal next week! Thanks for the share and support Val!

Joebot - The goal is to make this 100% work with the line that started years ago... so if you already own some of the previous 1:5 scale pieces, this will fit perfectly with that collection.

Spooked, depp76 - It's not for everyone, I get there are some fans that want a true translation of some form of the vintage toy, comic, or filmation look, and I get it, but hopefully some stuff we do in the future you might dig.

Ka Rot-Top - To me that was always the goal, so thanks so much for the props! WOOHOO!

wayne-klops - Achievement unlocked! Thanks for the support!

Krueger - Yah this will be a full statue. Glad you dig the look!

Powersword123 - Im super happy everyone can see this too finally haha. Awesome to hear you'll be ordering, thank you!

A-Killer - WOOHOO!!!! Thanks, means a lot!

Barbecue17 - Thanks! Chad showed off the statue on the live video (despite all the technical difficulties) but yah, stoked for the full gallery reveal (with the exclusive) on Tuesday!

jmb410s - Stay tuned for Tuesday!

Acolyte - Thanks man! Super kind of yah but man I LOVE that Skeletor haha...

Niki - Thanks! Yah, the color choices might not be for everyone, it was almost a coin toss to go Grey or Blue... it wasnt easy to choose...

yodafreakmaster - Glad you dig! And totally, Im feeling bummed for no Power-Con this year too, we were going to come full force, but we totally get it.

melkor23 - Yah man, it was a bummer that the livestream had so many issues, Chad is working on ways to make it go much smoother in the future... fingers crossed!

zodak74 - Yah, showing teasers is always risky but glad you're digging the full reveal! I dont think the price was shared yet, but I know Chad is going to offer an Exclusive through Tweeterhead with some extra perks as well.

Powersword123 - It's definitely Black, Grey and Red... it probably looked blue in the video because of the lighting in Chads room.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Hoping you're all happy with the exclusive choice and will be stoked with some stuff we have planned down the line... Hoping to share more info soon!

xoxo
    Dave Igo
    Creative Director, Tweeterhead

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    Just good news all around! Fantastic.

Hordak looks great, fits in seamlessly with the Sideshow statues. I can’t wait so see what’s next! Cheers 🍻

Unmotivated webcomicker KidTDragon's Avatar
    Igo: Are any of the designers who worked on the Sideshow statues working on this series, or is it your regular team matching that style?
    Track your MotU collection at shmax.com!

Almost Comics: Occasionally updated. Occasionally funny.

XBL Gamertag: KidTDragon
    PSN User ID: KidTDragon
    Nintendo Network ID: KidTDragon
    Steam: KidTDragon