Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tweeterhead 1:5 scale Hordak "Legends" Maquette discussion

Igo, when I heard that you're back and being part of the MOTU design team, I said to myself this has to look great, and it sure did!

Hopefully the main characters Trap-Jaw, Beastman, Mer-Man, Man-At-Arms, Teela, Man-E-Faces, Ram-Man, Stratos, and Tri-Klops are in the works as well, of course all the other side characters are a must no doubt. I'm sure Spikor, Two-Bad, Buzz-Off, Clawful, Roboto, Kobra-Khan and the rest will all look as mighty as Hordak if not better with your involvement.

When I got the first MOTU pieces from Sideshow, I was praying to have the rest made (At least the major characters), because they were seriously that amazing in the Premium Format scale.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Well, I took the plunge and pre-ordered the one from Sideshow. Whilst I love the original Filmation-inspired head, I think the new design fits the body better. But I do love the idea that someone mentioned earlier, about how the "original" head can be a sort of nanotech battle helmet.

This is a beautiful piece!

I wonder if we will see a "cartoon colors" variant?

Also, I'm surprised that Imp isn't included with the exclusive...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hordak is sold out, no official announcement that I can see but you can't order him anymore on the tweeterhead website.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I got my Hordak Exclusive order in last night, apparently just in time, after it was said 250 where already sold and before you could no longer add him to cart. Long live Hordak!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I think the design looks great, but I do have two nitpicks. I'm not crazy about the staff and the base. I kind of wish we had an option of switching out the staff with a crossbow. Also, I wish the base resembled the toy version of the Fright Zone, but I love the bat wrap-around.

That said, the creepy face (not the "robot" one) is perfect for me. The armor is amazing. I'm really looking forward to the next statues.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Hordak is sold out, no official announcement that I can see but you can't order him anymore on the tweeterhead website.
    It seems that he is available to order once again.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    It seems that he is available to order once again.
    Yep, tweeterhead made an announcement on their Facebook page and on the statue forums (first) that their was a cart/cancel issue and they had limited stock going back on sale.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Now itís sold out again!

This is a seriously boss interpretation of Hordak. Absolutely befitting the ancient demon king idea, which is my preferred version of the character. Way, way cool.

Widget
    Although the Exclusive is sold out via Tweeterhead directly, you can still pre-order the regular version via other distributors like Sideshow or BBTS.

Court Magician

Side Show Hordak

Why havenít I seen anyone talking about the Hordak and Battle Cat sculptures coming out on Sideshow? The battle cat is 33Ē long and the Hordak is like 21Ē tall.

I personally donít know if this is the right forum area for it, but they are such amazing pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    Why havenít I seen anyone talking about the Hordak and Battle Cat sculptures coming out on Sideshow? The battle cat is 33Ē long and the Hordak is like 21Ē tall.

I personally donít know if this is the right forum area for it, but they are such amazing pieces
    People are talking about Hordak, as you can see.

Are you referencing the Pop Culture Shock Battle Cat that is available through Sideshow?
    If so, yes, there is a thread for it here on the forums.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Court Magician
    Thank you!!!! I looked everywhere lol! I just picked up the Hordak Statue. This thing looks awesome! I do hope that they incorporate Hordak into the Netflix He-Man series.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I was on the fence about this (in part due to concerns about whether or not my job or my wife's job would be effected by COVID, but all indications at this point are that we don't have much to worry about). Now I feel a bit more comfortable about ordering one, but the exclusive version is sold out, which is the one that I wanted due to the cartoon styled head.

It's not the end of the world by any means, but I am a bit bummed (still otherwise my own fault for not ordering when it was available).

The only one of these statues that I currently have is Orko, but I would love this Hordak as well.