Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tweeterhead 1:5 scale Hordak "Legends" Maquette discussion

Master of Statues
    Mendoc - Thanks man!

KidTDragon - A bit of both... the original Sideshow line had a bunch of different designers, but it all started with Stjepan Sejic until he got too busy... so while at Sideshow, Stjepan started it, other designers helped, then took over... Chad doesnt really have a standard design team so Im working with some freelance artists I worked with in the past, and possibly some new ones as well... and for the re-designs, I LOVE creature and monster designs so I'll be a bit more involved with those...

For those that dont know, I did some "fan art" busts for Trap Jaw, Mer-Man and Beastman when the Sideshow line ended and we werent sure if the line would continue with Tweeterhead or not... I posted those on my personal IG page @davidigostuff - I also recently started a Buzz-Off as well But yah, HUGE fan of MOTU and I wanna get these redesigns just right... give fans something new and exciting, but still recognizable.
    xoxo
    Dave Igo
    Creative Director - Tweeterhead

Quote Originally Posted by Igo View Post
    Mendoc - Thanks man!

KidTDragon - A bit of both... the original Sideshow line had a bunch of different designers, but it all started with Stjepan Sejic until he got too busy... so while at Sideshow, Stjepan started it, other designers helped, then took over... Chad doesnt really have a standard design team so Im working with some freelance artists I worked with in the past, and possibly some new ones as well... and for the re-designs, I LOVE creature and monster designs so I'll be a bit more involved with those...

For those that dont know, I did some "fan art" busts for Trap Jaw, Mer-Man and Beastman when the Sideshow line ended and we werent sure if the line would continue with Tweeterhead or not... I posted those on my personal IG page @davidigostuff - I also recently started a Buzz-Off as well But yah, HUGE fan of MOTU and I wanna get these redesigns just right... give fans something new and exciting, but still recognizable.
    You're a great guy updating everyone and all.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 26, 2020 at 07:04am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Master of Statues
    motogp_fanatic - Thanks!

Also, Chad just posted the full reveal and exclusive portrait on the Tweeterhead Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/Tweeterhead/
    xoxo
    Dave Igo

motogp_fanatic - Thanks!

Also, Chad just posted the full reveal and exclusive portrait on the Tweeterhead Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/Tweeterhead/
    My goodness.... you guys knocked it out of the park! I didn't think Sideshow could possibly top Skeletor, but it happened. Beautiful work all around.

Amazing rendition of Hordak!

This Hordak is amazing ,100% movie feeling (as the other characters of the line)

So far we saw fantasy or "magic" characters ,I'm curious what the tech characters will look, Man-AT-Arms or Trap -Jaw ,the sci-fi side of the brand.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; May 26, 2020 at 10:31pm.

Heroic Warrior
    This looks awesome! I can't decide which head I prefer. The regular head fits in great with the look of the line, but I also love the classic look of the EX head. Definitely buying this!

Wow! I thought the first Hordak face is what practical man-in-suit costume/makeup effects for a live-action version would look like. Now this exclusive head is what a nano-mite helmet would look like in the movie! Seriously, with all those added pics I can totally imagine a scene in the live-action movie where Hordak takes off his cape and powers down his nano-mite helmet to finally reveal his true face underneath! Well done indeed folks! This is just dripping with coolness!

Yep, truly exceptional work.

Knowing me, knowing you.. Mendoc's Avatar
    Has anyone heard what Hordak’s edition size will be?

This looks simply great, and I hope the MOTU Tweeterhead/Sideshow line continues without any hiccups. I have most of the previous releases and they're all brilliant.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendoc View Post
    Has anyone heard what Hordak’s edition size will be?
    I think Chad said the edition size will be 300 for the exclusive. I don't know if the regular edition size has been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by no_towel_lint View Post
    I think Chad said the edition size will be 300 for the exclusive. I don't know if the regular edition size has been announced.
    Great, thanks for your reply. 😀

Does anyone know if there are plans for re-issues or new versions of the already released characters? I feel like this is almost a new line.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are plans for re-issues or new versions of the already released characters? I feel like this is almost a new line.
    Last year, it was said that they had Hordak completed and had designs for Teela, Man-At-Arms, and Trap Jaw. There was also mention of a He-Man/Skeletor diorama in battle armor. A few days ago, it was confirmed that new He-Man and Skeletor statues are coming in the same scale. Now it sounds like they might be separate statues rather than a diorama, but I may have misinterpreted that. It sounds like we can expect 2 to 3 statues per year. It's obvious they are pouring a lot of energy into this line so that's exciting!

I would like to see a picture of the front of him without the cape. The one from the back looks quite good.

Evil and eats everything Acolyte's Avatar
    For those that dont know, I did some "fan art" busts for Trap Jaw, Mer-Man and Beastman when the Sideshow line ended and we werent sure if the line would continue with Tweeterhead or not... I posted those on my personal IG page @davidigostuff - I also recently started a Buzz-Off as well
    They look absolutely fantastic! I wouldn´t mind seeing those getting made into statues one day.

Just ordered my exclusive version from Tweeterhead!

I'm very excited to see this line continuing again. I missed out on Skeletor from the original line so I'm definitely down for a Skeletor v2 in this line.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

I'm very excited to see this line continuing again. I missed out on Skeletor from the original line so I'm definitely down for a Skeletor v2 in this line.
    Just ordered mine as well - couldn't get the website to work on my computer but was able to access from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

I'm bummed that the exclusive is only at Tweeterhead and not Sideshow! I wanted to use my old Sideshow points to get a little discount on it. Probably I have to settle with the none-exclusive version!

Edit: I've ordered from Tweeterhead and got the exclusive instead. They have free shipping in the US, and Sideshow don't do that unless if they have special offers!
    Last edited by Darkkosis; May 28, 2020 at 04:29pm.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Ordered! Can’t wait. Looks like it’s selling well 👍🏻

I thought I was done purchasing statues after the NECA 200x line. Guess not.

Ordered, and I'm stoked about it!

I want to buy him, but he looks quite a bit taller than He-Man in the video. He-Man, She-Ra and Skeletor are all at a equal hight to each other when on their bases will Hordak fit in with this aesthetic? or is he going to be taller? He looked taller in the video, but that could have been because the He-Man statue was set further back. A picture showing Hordak next to and level with He-Man She-Ra and Skeletor would be really useful.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Master of Statues
    Joebot - Thanks so much man! Had a blast working on this piece, so glad he's being so well received!

Lich Leech - Thanks!

heavy-eternium - Thanks so much! And yah, hopefully you'll see one of those characters soon after Teela

no_towel_lint - Awesome to hear, thanks so much for the support! To be honest... I didnt think that classic head would work as well as it did (early on) but seeing it painted... man, super stoked we went with it!

Ka Rot-Top - UGHS you're making me blush!!! Thanks so much for that high-praise, that's exactly what I wanted us to achieve with this piece! WOOHOO!!!

Krueger - Thanks!

Mendoc - Like NTL said, it's 300 for the Tweeterhead Exclusive and the non-Exclusive is TBD... we'll see how pre-sales go!

Darkkosis - Thanks so much! Hoping it can continue too without hiccups! Hiccups are THE WORST! Thanks for the support!

no_towel_lint - Not sure when dioramas were discussed but right now there are no plans for dioramas. But thanks, tons of time and energy poured into this so far, and so far it's paying off, thinking the future is bright for more MOTU!

Krueger - Yah we shouldve included that but we felt this was the primary look for him. If I get time I'll try to do a photoshop for yah and take the cape out since the piece is no longer in my hands... no promises but if I have time Ill try.

Acolyte - Thanks man! I did those busts for fun and hoping they become statues too haha!

Barbecue17 - Thanks for the support! But yah, that's exactly what we wanna do, offer totally new versions of He-Man and Skeletor eventually for new collectors that missed out on them originally, but hopefully not take away from those original offerings either!

Powersword123 - Sorry for the problems on the site, glad you could order from your phone. Thanks for the support!

Mendoc - Thanks for the support!

dorrmann - WOOHOO!!! Thanks man!

Angel-T - He's a bit taller than He-Man and that was by design... he's almost a whole head taller than He-Man because we wanted Hordak to feel super imposing... so yah, he is taller, but much like a REALLY tall body builder to a tall body builder But yah, both are 1:5 scale.

Thanks again everyone for the awesome love and support! Super stoked for what's coming down the pipe and sharing that with you guys in the near future!
    xoxo
    Dave Igo

I am a sucker for statues... Purchased.