Thread: He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #6/6 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

2002/DC He-Man Video guy

He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse #6/6 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE MULTIVERSE
    CURRENT MINI-SERIES

Issue #6 of 6

Masters of the Universes

Writer: Tim Seeley
    Art: Tom Derenick
    Cover: InHuyk Lee
    Color: Matt Yackey
    Special Thanks: Rob David and Melanie Shannon Hill

"It’s the finale of the reality-bending miniseries, and Prince Keldor is trapped in the bowels of Castle Hellskull. Now the only way to survive an onslaught of Anti-Eternians may be to embrace the full powers of Skeletor!”

AVAILABLE MAY 27th 2020

digitally via ComiXology or Amazon.

---------------------------
    **SPOILERS**

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Wow , So many more bags of worms opened ! This has to continue! Dolph's "different" He-man powers was not explained. The new He-man with split power is not as strong as the now dead movie He-Man? Who is the new He-man of Alcala? So many other universes such as "toy He-Man we did not see!

Widget
    "Gods, I made sure even my cat was disappointed in me" worst nightmare right there I'll tell you that.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    This is one of the best and most unexpected endings of all MOTU stories that personally i have ever read! And i believe that my friend Kesmai, and all the fans of the Eternity War, will love this issue, as much as the Filmation fans! Great work by Tim Seeley and Tom Derenick! Now for an ongoning guys!
    I was VERY pleasantly surprised indeed! Great tie-in to the end of Eternity War and way more than than a little cameo (if anything) I was hoping for. Some dialogue quibbles as usual that broke my immersion but the panels and overall story made up for it.

The thanks from Rob David and Mattel TV at the end seems to indicate further content will be tied to the new forthcoming animated series (but I was wrong about guessing this miniseries would come about) and this was the wrap up for everything previous (for now). We shall see...
    Last edited by Kesmai; May 27, 2020 at 05:36pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    I was VERY pleasantly surprised indeed! Great tie-in to the end of Eternity War and way more than than a little cameo (if anything) I was hoping for. Some dialogue quibbles as usual that broke my immersion but the panels and overall story made up for it.

The thanks from Rob David and Mattel TV at the end seems to indicate further content will be tied to the new forthcoming animated series (but I was wrong about guessing this miniseries would come about) and this was the wrap up for everything previous (for now). We shall see...
    I loved that Eternity War He-Man (or King Adam as he is called) created a group of Wielders of the Power Weapons that he forged at the end of the Eternity War series, by sharing the Star Seed's power and how this move, didn't allow at Anti-He-Man to detect his presence. At the end this team that he had dreamed about, in the final issue of the Eternity War, became the Guardians of the Multiverse. And of course in all this, was crucial the role of the Filmation He-Man, Duncan, and Orko who build a new Cosmic Key, that allow them to travel through the Multiverse, and discover Eternity War He-Man and his team. I loved how all this wraped up, and how the end it was linked to the upcoming animated series ("the new Eternias that are about to be born" as qas told in the final pages).
    Last edited by granamyr80; May 27, 2020 at 06:11pm.

Heroic Warrior
    That King Adam and the He-Force was a little weird. Basically, we got the Shazam Family version of He-Man. With that said, I did like how Keldor looked as He-Man and I'm picturing a bunch of toy customizers trying to remove the hair sculpt of their Classics Keldor figure and switching it for a repainted He-Ham hair sculpt in black with white strips on the the side. Lol

Heroic Warrior
    Green Lantern Corps inspiration as well.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I loved the way this story concluded!

I was really hoping that Anti Keldor would end up channeling the power of Grayskull to defeat Anti He-Man and become the heroic defender of Anti-Eternia. I love that it was Filmation Man-At-Arms, imparting a moral to Orko, that made Anti Keldor realize his destiny. That was wonderful.

Also, how awesome that Anti He-Man follows the Skeletor trajectory as we see a nightmare scenario with him as God He-Man, complete with armor inspired by the God Skeletor attire from the '87 movie!

I like the Skele-He-Man design. I wonder what he will be called among the citizenry of Anti-Eternia? He-Skeletor? Skele-Man? He-Man-Etor? I've already seen a custom of this guy online too. Easy repaint, Mattel! Hint hint. I like this design quite a bit, and I really love the design for regular Anti Keldor. I would love a Classics figure of him (should Mattel open the gates again) to pose in battle against the evil Anti-Eternia He-Man. He could have two pack-in heads - a regular head, and one with the half-skull face.

It's awesome that DC New52/Eternity War He-Man came in with the He-Force! I loved the ending of that series, where He-Man decides to share the power with others. It's the exact kind of selfless thing that He-Man would do, and it's cool to see the result of that here. Awesome idea to assign the various members to different worlds that lost their version of He-Man. So cool to see cameos from the likes of movie Man-At-Arms and movie Teela.

Also, as Tim would attest, based on my email to him when I saw the panel with the Crimson Countess fighting Valiant Tina, it would be an understatement to say that I was happy and excited. lol. She's been in the Classics bios, but it was a real thrill to see the Countess in action, and in an actual DC comic. Thanks Tim, Rob, and Tom. You guys are the best.

I'm curious about possible fallout from the previously-corrupted Anti-'Heroic' Warriors like Anti Teela, Anti Orko, Anti Man-At-Arms, etc. and them coming to grips with the horrific things they did. I mean, Teela was particularly nasty. She ate Widgets, and apparently even roasted Zoar and presumably devoured (?) her own mom! She's gonna need some major therapy.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; May 28, 2020 at 12:42pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    When i read the final issue, i found it strange, that Filmation He-Man had a new Power Sword and a new look. Then i remembered that Filmation Adam's Sword was taken by Anti-He-Man. So it seems that when he found Eternity War He-Man, he gave him a new Power Sword, for this reason the new look and the DC's Starseed power symbols on Filmation He-Man's harness. Then i realized how cool this was, using the various continuities, and at the same time, respecting the continuity of the mini series itself, in order to create a new variant for Filmation He-Man! I' m always fan of these small details.

And what i appreciated most, it was how much grow the MOTU mythos, in this single final issue, and the enrichment of the Cosmic aspect of MOTU, with the introduction of the He-Force, now added to the Cosmic Enforcers, not as simple guardians of the cosmic balance, but as Defenders of the Multicosmos, from any kind of cosmical and multiversal threats. Also i loved the introduction of the Lovecraftian concept of the Dark Gods (as a personal Lovecraft's creations fan), and the Cthulhu-like final battle! I was wondering if the Dark Gods, could be connected with the Pool of Shadows from the 2002's MOTU animated series (apart from the fact, that in the previous issue, we learn that they are connected with the Great Wars, and the fate of the original mini comic Eternia)? For sure i want to learn more about them. It's a very interesting new chapter to the MOTU mythology.
    Last edited by granamyr80; May 29, 2020 at 06:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

Also, as Tim would attest, based on my email to him when I saw the panel with the Crimson Countess fighting Valiant Tina, it would be an understatement to say that I was happy and excited. lol. She's been in the Classics bios, but it was a real thrill to see the Countess in action, and in an actual DC comic. Thanks Tim, Rob, and Tom. You guys are the best.

https://i.imgur.com/55kaZF1.jpg
    I haven't read the issue yet as I'm waiting for it to arrive in the post but I just wanted to say I'm over to moon for you Penny to see the Crimson Countess appear in the issues.
    I'm not really keen on most of the create-a-character contest characters but I do think think the Crimson Countess really fits in and feels like a MOTU character.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Tim Seeley has provided more details about the He-Force.

https://www.cbr.com/tim-seeley-he-me...rs-multiverse/

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Tim Seeley has provided more details about the He-Force.

https://www.cbr.com/tim-seeley-he-me...rs-multiverse/
    Hah! I just got the names of the Tina and Hi-Ra mixed up, but other wise my guesses in the other thread were right. Ain’t I so smart?

Where are the He-Force fanarts?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Where are the He-Force fanarts?
    I’m not sure anyone has made fanart based on He-Force yet.

Tim Seeley shared concept Art on IG and those are also seen in CBR article.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    no that Anti-He-Man is gone who should be Keldor/He-Man's Arch Enemy ? an Anti-She-Ra? Hordak?

I'm definitely going to have to reread this series all in one go. I enjoyed it for the most part but I'm not really keen on the concept of the He-Force and the power of Grayskull being shared by different heroes. Even the name just doesn't sound very MOTU like to me. Warriors, Guardians, Protectors, yes, but Force just doesn't sound like it fits in this world to me.
    Design wise I like Valiant Tina the best but like I say I'm just not really keen on the different types of He-Man armour being worn by different characters. I wonder why they didn't give her the Flying Fists weapon as well as the shield. As far a Battle Cat Man I prefer the hooded one that showed up on that print a few years ago over this version wearing the He-Man armour. It definitely seems like the Battle Cat Man concept is a idea Mattel are keen on.
    I do really like the Anti-Eternia concept and would be happy to see that explored further, maybe even adapt the original audioplay.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    is there any info on the guy fighting the teela's & she-ra?
    prophet.jpg
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog